Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great looking car, Art. I especially like its looks because my car will also be a 90D (but without the "p") in Midnight Silver with tan leather.

My status just updated today from delivery in "March/early April" to delivery "March 8 to March 22". Although it still says it is "in production," my DS says it will likely be on the truck for Denver (and elsewhere) today or tomorrow. Now, how do I keep from checking MyTesla every hour when I actually have work to do?

Sandy
S90D, Midnight Silver, Tan Nexgen, carbon fiber, Black Alcantara, Pano, Prem Interior, SAS, UHFS, Subzero, 19" standard wheels (When are they going to let me have a signature line??)

My SC told me today "end of line" is 3/7 and delivery late March. Does that mean the car is going into production or is finishing on 3/7? My Tesla page shows it still in queue?

End of Line means it is leaving the production line and is moving on to the next phase ---> IN TRANSIT

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking car, Art. I especially like its looks because my car will also be a 90D (but without the "p") in Midnight Silver with tan leather.

My status just updated today from delivery in "March/early April" to delivery "March 8 to March 22". Although it still says it is "in production," my DS says it will likely be on the truck for Denver (and elsewhere) today or tomorrow. Now, how do I keep from checking MyTesla every hour when I actually have work to do?

Sandy
S90D, Midnight Silver, Tan Nexgen, carbon fiber, Black Alcantara, Pano, Prem Interior, SAS, UHFS, Subzero, 19" standard wheels (When are they going to let me have a signature line??)

Sandy, keep your head down and do your work... the S will come to YOU... the less you look at My Tesla the better...

You should think instead about the Service Plan, your insurance, and your charging infrastructure. (I listed them backwards so do the infrastructure first).
Also it is time to review the Tesla "nest" and clean the garage so that you have "room" for the wide beast.
You will love the color and the leather.

Thanks, Art.

Got the charging station already installed, 3 year service plan in place, and insurance all set. My status just changed again (twice in one day) to "in transit" and the delivery date has narrowed to March 7-14! See, it pays to check MyTesla every hour :wink:.

Sandy

Actually mine will be delivered in this weekend, but I had to postpone it to 3/19...
now I'm not that eagerly like you guys. weird, right? :)

My updates:
70D
2/3/2016: order
2/10/2016: confirmed
2/16/2016: enter production pipeline
2/23/2016: start production
3/2/2016: expect to delivery in Fremont factory

but I need to sell my car ahead (new bmw X5) to get a new loan, so may need to postpone 1-2 weeks...

- - - Updated - - -

Art,
Is that possible within 11 days of confirmation? All my site says is that its in the production queue, not even production started?

As I understand it, IN PRODUCTION QUEUE means that your car is scheduled for production and work orders/purchase orders have been committed to various sub assembly
areas within Tesla or outside vendors. So some components called "assemblies" are being built by Tesla or delivered from vendors.... Things like seats, dashboards, pano roofs, motors, transmissions,
traction battery packs, and even the skateboard chases are "assemblies". When all of your car's assemblies are in stock and quality control reviewed, then your car is
committed to the production line and the status will change to IN PRODUCTION. At present from what I have seen IN PRODUCtiON takes anywhere from 4 to 14 days.
As mentioned earlier, by observation only, multi-coat paints such as the white and red could add one to many days to the iN PRODUCTION status. Black is also the hardest color
to get right as it shows any metal flaw with ease.

Lastly, at this time of the quarter (the last month) is when Tesla starts prioritizing their production queue by profitability and probability.... this translates to more profitable
cars with a good probability of being able to get to their final delivery location moving to the front of the IN PRODUCTION queue.... so then you see the P90D and loaded
vehicles for California and the local west coast going into production... The far north and south of the East Coast tends to lower the probability of delivery as time passes on
and the quarter gets near the end.

There is probably a complex linear algebra bases subsystem that Tesla uses to control the queues. We did this in the aircraft industry.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Art.

Got the charging station already installed, 3 year service plan in place, and insurance all set. My status just changed again (twice in one day) to "in transit" and the delivery date has narrowed to March 7-14! See, it pays to check MyTesla every hour :wink:.

Sandy

Super great news Sandy... BTW guys... Yesterday I used a soft horsehair brush (typical use is buffing shoes) to "brush" the Alcantara dashboard. Works great. This black Alcantra dash does show
any "touches" that passengers make when they touch the suede. A nice item to have in the garage. Also Abstract Ocean made or makes a small leather screen cleaner... this also works fantastic on
both the 17" and drivers front console. In certain light angles you can really see your finger prints and the leather pad just removes them with ease and no static.

Here is the latest for my 90D;

02/07/2016 - Ordered
02/14/2016 - Order Confirmed.

03/01/2016 - Your Tesla is in production.

03/04/2016 - Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory.

IMG_1236.jpg
Just can't figure out how to plug my Audi into the new charging station. . .