Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, so last that my tesla page has been the same and this morning around 2am I checked it and it said it was in production, email came in at 4am. But the page says I'm still scheduled for a late June - July delivery even though I have an appointment next week. I think it's been in production but they are slammed.

I had 'in production, finished production and in transit' notifications all in one day. It was still 'in transit' after delivery for another day, although they did have the app already switched on at pickup. Just growing pains combined with EOQ push.

My guess is that the delivery process is worse at the factory. They are pumping things out so quickly that they aren't caring for things they way they should (or others from other locations talk about). My car, for example, was filthy for a new car with 5 miles on it.
Agree with you. There was bird crap on our car and lots of other dirty spots that I made them clean. The car was extremely hot inside which meant they left it in the sun for some time :( They also said they will be offering Sunday deliveries in the next couple of weeks- they are really cranking them out quick.

Exactly! I'm sure my husband thought once I got the car I'd stop talking about it do much, but nope! After a week of driving it, I'm still yakking.

On another note, my husband had a meeting in town yesterday and asked to borrow the car so I know he loves it as well. My separation anxiety was a little heightened during the excursion though ;)
Just over 3 years in, and I blab something Tesla related daily

I had the "late June, early July" message during production queue status, then changed to "June 24--July 11" during production. After completion, it changed to "June 27--July 4" and my DS called and scheduled pickup for the June 29. I'm sure a big part of the end of June push was for Tesla quarterly delivery numbers, but I'm happy to be a part of that.
I understand your timelines and they make sense but mine went from June 30th - July 14 to July 14 some later date when status changed to in transit

Hope to be posting on here in a week. Will be ordering a 60D. No more stalling:)
A week? What the hell am I waiting for? Forget it, I ordered this morning.:) First thing I did today was finally click "order" and quit stalling. I DID IT!! Applied for the loan, talked with a Tesla rep etc....... Now I have to find something to keep my mind occupied while I wait 6-8 weeks. Thank God for the Tesla forum :)

I understand your timelines and they make sense but mine went from June 30th - July 14 to July 14 some later date when status changed to in transit
I wonder if that had anything to do with the transport distance. DC is a bit further than Houston. I understood from other threads that many units are railed to the east coast, while Houston units are trucked. Just a thought...

A week? What the hell am I waiting for? Forget it, I ordered this morning.:) First thing I did today was finally click "order" and quit stalling. I DID IT!! Applied for the loan, talked with a Tesla rep etc....... Now I have to find something to keep my mind occupied while I wait 6-8 weeks. Thank God for the Tesla forum :)
Good job. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we are very proud of you!:D

Congrats! But keep in mind it doesn't make sense to apply for the loan until you're within 30 daysof delivery; otherwise you're just incurring an extra credit pull.

Reactions: Zybd1201
View media item 115372View media item 115371View media item 115370View media item 115369View media item 115368
Picked up this afternoon in Cleveland! Truly ecstatic

I had some training for work so I was driving up from Columbus. I saw a white facelift with temporary tags in Westerville, so it must have been delivered really recently too. I wanted to wave like a madman, but didn't think it would register since I was in a rental Nissan Versa

Also stopped at the Maumee SC on the way home to grab a bite. Met some nice gentleman driving across the country from the Pacific northwest who were really excited for me. :D

Last edited:
View media item 115367View media item 115365View media item 115363View media item 115362
Picked up this afternoon in Cleveland! Truly ecstatic

I had some training for work so I was driving up from Columbus. I saw a white facelift with temporary tags in Westerville, so it must have been delivered really recently too. I wanted to wave like a madman, but didn't think it would register since I was in a rental Nissan Versa

Also stopped at the Maumee SC on the way home to grab a bite. Met some nice gentleman driving across the country from the Pacific northwest who were really excited for me. :D
Cannot see your photos

Mine is at the detailer now, having Expel and CQuartz finest applied. Won't see it again until after work on Monday and I feel like I abandoned my child somewhere....Timing is less than ideal, but I wanted it protected for the planned road trip to LA next weekend..

<Sniff>...miss the feel of pure adrenaline when i gently squeeze that pedal...