Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful! My 4 year old when asked said he wants me to get a blue tesla. Sorry son, mom and dad want black :)
Well, you have this far cheaper solution for him:
1052578-___n-1456210868-348-640x480.jpg

:DAs of 15 minutes ago via MyTesla - "Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery." Apparently it's arrived in Decatur. DS says confirmed for Friday afternoon. I wanna sneak over there and have a look while they're closed. :rolleyes: One thing I do know is it's been rained on if it's there. We had lots of storms today - so it's likely been christened.

eSigned the loan ppwk this afternoon with Alliant. They will wire Tesla the funds tomorrow. Making my 'payment' through the Tesla site in the morning. Insurance is done.

I've been sitting for two days with the same message on MyTesla page and no word from my DS and no response to emails. How long did this status last before you were called for delivery? The closer I get, the worse the wait is!!!!!

I've been sitting for two days with the same message on MyTesla page and no word from my DS and no response to emails. How long did this status last before you were called for delivery? The closer I get, the worse the wait is!!!!!

It seems there is some significant issues with the statuses on the My Tesla page and it may be better to simply disregard them. Mine has been 'wrong' it seems the entire time.

Reactions: Austral
Oh and we all think the color is great... Both at the SC and us. They hadn't seen our combination in person yet so it's at least a little unique to our area.

Dude I SERIOUSLY thought about titanium for so long. I wonder if I made a mistake, but my gf had seen an older "brown" Model S and railed against the "brown" then (I think) mistook the titanium for the older "brown" when I was buying. I asker her input on colour and she made me swear off the "brown". Sigh.

Your car is beautiful. :-(

• Funny
Reactions: ploon94 and MrLunch
2 Pictures here.

I have a question about a noise I'm hearing probably AC related and the air suspension indicator on the setting screen for them on Saturday. We're spending time Saturday working out our learning curves.

Our initial thoughts - it's a bigger car than we're used to. Nice room in the cabin. Big windsheild. Small window shades. Paint is sorta dependent on surroundings. In the garage it looks dark gray....in the driveway it's some of that and some of the titanium...at the Tesla lot definitely looked more titanium.

View media item 115466View media item 115467

Tomorrow tomorrow!! Picking up my MS 75D.
About 2 months ago I decided it was time for a new car. I was debating between a merdeces and another bmw, leaning towards the mercedes. First mercedes dealership visit was a disaster as the salesman was rude and insisted i look at the eclass even after i had asked to see the cls400. I left. Second mercedes dealership...my 7 year old nephew who was with me got a stomach flu while i was about to go on a test drive. We decided to come back another day.
My co worker who drives a 2 year old model s told me to give it a shot and book a test drive. I was hesistant but he insisted.
3rd visit to mercedes dealership finally had my test drive. I enjoyed it and was pretty much ready to go but since we had already booked our test drive with tesla later that day i figured we give it a chance. Arrived at tesla greeted by smiles and friendliness. Girlfriend and I jumped in the model s and were both plesently surprised with its minimalism and technology. Time for test drive... salesperson summoned the car over to where we were (showoff) we were both amazed. Test drive was amazing. Salesperson had me activate auto pilot which was nerve recking but impressive nonetheless. I had a smile on face for the remainder of the day. I was hooked. Went home and knew the mercedes was not for me, it was not meant to be All i can think about was the tesla. A few weeks later i placed my order on my model s.

Dude I SERIOUSLY thought about titanium for so long. I wonder if I made a mistake, but my gf had seen an older "brown" Model S and railed against the "brown" then (I think) mistook the titanium for the older "brown" when I was buying. I asker her input on colour and she made me swear off the "brown". Sigh.

We had a brown Lexus and hated it for 3 years until we could give it back. IDK to me brown just does not look well on a car. On my second Tesla "test" drive it was in a titanium and I loved the color. But, I ordered white after ALOT of back/forth

Reactions: ploon94

In the design studio it does appear to look more brown than what the actual color looks like in the photos I've seen here and other places. I had tan exteriors for my first two cars, and loved them (mostly as they never showed dirt). I opted for blue mostly as it's my favorite color (well technically favorite is purple but hard to find mens clothes in purple and Tesla doesn't come in purple either). Also really loved the photos of the blue color I've seen... regardless going to be an amazing car regardless of the color.

Thank you! I liked the darker silver but can always hear my parents saying never to get a dark colored car - hard to keep clean and harder to see at night. This is a hard color to describe. You'll love your car regardless of the color really - and I can't even see the exterior color from inside - so enjoy what you ordered! It'll look great! What color did you settle on?