Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today i finally went into production. Auto email from Tesla, not from DS nor on My Tesla does it show this. I will update spreadsheet when i get home.
Ordered: 6/19
Confirmed: 6/26
VIN: 6/27
In Production: 7/14
Delivery point: Fremont Factory
My Tesla still shows: Delivery July - Early August

I really thought this would ease my excitement and stress to keep looking at the My Tesla page, but nope, i'm still doing it!

You are +5 days for each stage from mines and I'm scheduled to pick my 60D this Sat. Good luck on your wait...my suggestion is to keep checking everyday. I updated my DS about the production complete stage before he even knew or checked. The Fremont delivery schedule seems very busy, I would try to have your DS pencil you in if you have travel dates like I do.

I didn't want my 60D parked on the lot any longer than it should be out there :)

You are +5 days for each stage from mines and I'm scheduled to pick my 60D this Sat. Good luck on your wait...my suggestion is to keep checking everyday. I updated my DS about the production complete stage before he even knew or checked. The Fremont delivery schedule seems very busy, I would try to have your DS pencil you in if you have travel dates like I do.

I didn't want my 60D parked on the lot any longer than it should be out there :)
Very good advice. I travel a lot also. I'll start working on him once (if) i see production complete.

Reactions: javawolfpack
Very good advice. I travel a lot also. I'll start working on him once (if) i see production complete.

I think once it goes into production, I'll likely begin coordinating expected delivery date options. I plan to come down to tour the factory with my girlfriend and some friends from work; however, they'll likely need to ask for time off/make sure not to make plans if that works out... so as soon as I can give a more accurate date to them & coordinated w/ my DS the better.

• Informative
Reactions: Macbest
How soon after VIN# did your DS contact you?

Also did they help facilitate communication between themselves and Alliant?

It's only been about 12 hours since confirmation but no communication from tesla or Alliant at this point.

Tempering expectations here :)

How soon after VIN# did your DS contact you?

Also did they help facilitate communication between themselves and Alliant?

It's only been about 12 hours since confirmation but no communication from tesla or Alliant at this point.

Tempering expectations here :)
You have to contact Alliant yourself. My DS contacted me the day after I placed the order or about 6 days before I got my VIN.

You have to contact Alliant yourself. My DS contacted me the day after I placed the order or about 6 days before I got my VIN.

I've contacted Alliant myself and provided the VIN as requested by them.

I was moreso wondering if the DS will also reach out to facilitate anything on their end to expedite the process of what Alliant may need outside of what I will supply.

Good luck getting in touch with Alliant. I'm still trying to figure out if they need anything else from me. My guy ignores most of my emails and questions. Any answers I do get are vague. I'm assuming they pick up the pace when you get a delivery date. The rate is pretty good so I'm willing to overlook some stuff..

6/7 Ordered 70D w/Autopilot, Premium Upgrade Pkg, Deep Blue Metalic Paint, Panoramic Roof, Grey Next Gen Seats
6/9 Changed order to 60D added Smart Air Suspension, Ultra High Fidelity Sound
6/13 Confirmed
6/28 In production
6/30 "You Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory"
07/13 "Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail and charging in preparation for delivery"
07/14 Delivery to my home Scheduled for 07/20/2016

Ordered 3July
Confirmed 10July.
VIN assigned: ???

I just spoke with Tesla about not receiving a VIN number yet and I was told its not assigned at a certain point in the process and my vehicle is on schedule. (Notable he never had my full name or reservation number, nothing he could have used to check on my car)

Has anyone waited 4 days or over after confirming their order to receive their VIN #?

--need a referral link? Referral | Tesla Motors

Last edited:
So, I had complained a bit as I was getting annoyed at the DS not calling back. He finally did yesterday and apologized saying he is busy as hell! Good for Tesla. Looks like the past month sales are up. I have become a fan of a brand for the first time in my 52 years. ie......... I loved my Corvette but was not a Chevy fan. DS gave me an update on trade-in. They increased it $300 :( I was hoping for more like $16,000 but i'll still trade it in at $15,300 rather than dealing with selling it. A few other things to check off the list but nothing new on the call.

So, I had complained a bit as I was getting annoyed at the DS not calling back. He finally did yesterday and apologized saying he is busy as hell! Good for Tesla. Looks like the past month sales are up. I have become a fan of a brand for the first time in my 52 years. ie......... I loved my Corvette but was not a Chevy fan. DS gave me an update on trade-in. They increased it $300 :( I was hoping for more like $16,000 but i'll still trade it in at $15,300 rather than dealing with selling it. A few other things to check off the list but nothing new on the call.
Go to Carmax also, they will give you a 7 day purchase quote. You can sell you car there without buying one from them.

Hello!

First time poster but have been following these forums for quite some time (years).

I ordered my car late June and Confirmed July 2nd. Received my vin with an hour of confirming.

I did not hear from my DS until today but said it would be entering production on July 25th for delivery to Santa Barbara, CA very early August.

I still hope it will be earlier but that seems like wishful thinking.

Reactions: javawolfpack