Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update for me: My DS says I will am right on track for the timing he is projecting and expects me to enter production the week of 22August.

Just my luck that my car takes longer to enter production than some take to receive their car.

Confirmed: 10July
VIN assigned 17July
VIN: 152,8XX
Delivery center: Costa Mesa, CA

I just received an update via e-mail from my DS. In part he wrote:
I was able to work with our Tesla Logistics team to send your Model S by truck!! Your Model S is on the way and expected to arrive towards the end of this week.

We can target an August 15th or 16th delivery date. When your Model S arrives and My Tesla Service Team completes the pre-delivery inspection, we can lock in a pick-up date and time.

Now I need to figure out something nice to do to thank the Tesla Minneapolis team. I'm thinking of baking some cookies or muffins or something that I can bring to the store when I pick up my car as a thank you gift.

Has anyone tried to tell Tesla to NOT install the front plate?

They will not do it. They told me they had to sell the car exactly how it was in all of the crash testing. I plan to take mine off while I am there doing my pick-up just in case I have any questions while I do it. They take them off all of the test drive cars here, so hopefully they will guide me if I am doing something silly in my method.

Finally a black one!!!!

Just beautiful.
Mine is black, too. I should be able to post a pic early next week! I waffled between black & white during the 7 days where I could change my order. I initially ordered white, but then after going back to the store in various lighting conditions to look at a white one & a black one that were parked outside waiting to be prepped for delivery I decided to go with Solid Black.

Hrm. Just got an update from the MyTesla site that my delivery window has slipped to "September/Early October", though my DS still says we're going into production this week. Urg. :(

I wonder if they are all parroting that? I'm at 35 days and counting from confirming and still not in production :( All I'm told is soon... seemingly my DS was kind of shocked I wasn't in production last week too.

They will not do it. They told me they had to sell the car exactly how it was in all of the crash testing. I plan to take mine off while I am there doing my pick-up just in case I have any questions while I do it. They take them off all of the test drive cars here, so hopefully they will guide me if I am doing something silly in my method.

I hope it's just basic screwing

Maybe people are off on holiday ("vacation" to you guys across the pond), hence some delays? I live a few miles from the BMW Mini factory in Oxford, UK. The entire plant shuts down every August for holiday and maintenance, but they do churn out 500 cars a day.....so plenty of inventory to meet demand.

For the folks picking up in PA, did your Tesla come with a front plate?

Yes picked mine up last week and i didn't think it would be there.. my first reaction was i cant believe you put holes in the front.. but they said it wasn't(which was a relief).. for some reason they are "not allowed" to take it off.. didn't want to fight about it so i took it off when i got home.

• Helpful
Reactions: Odebek