Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin Date: 10/21/16
Also delivering to Paramus
DS said hitting production in next week (by 11/30)

I hope my car is on the same train as Ojas'! Want that early Christmas present. . .

To me it looks like they are bunching up orders that have the same destination. From the chart it looks to me as though some cars go into production and week after the vin and some don't. I'm assuming my car will be going into production with yours (a week after vin) although I just ordered two days ago.

To me it looks like they are bunching up orders that have the same destination. From the chart it looks to me as though some cars go into production and week after the vin and some don't. I'm assuming my car will be going into production with yours (a week after vin) although I just ordered two days ago.

Agree. From looking at the spreadsheet, location appears to have more to do with production timing then order / vin date does. Good luck Max

Agree. From looking at the spreadsheet, location appears to have more to do with production timing then order / vin date does. Good luck Max

Yes, it seems like they tackle the international orders at the beginning of the quarter so that they can be delivered before the end of the quarter, and then start on the domestic orders. I can't tell how they prioritize domestic orders, but I'm sure they try and get the east coast orders done by the end of the 2nd month of the quarter so there is time to ship and deliver them all before the end of the quarter.

I ordered early October and was confirmed mid-October, then got my VIN just a couple days later. Then it sat for 5 or 6 weeks before finally going into production yesterday. I'm on the east coast.

A little bummed to see my estimated delivery on MyTesla change today from "December-early January" to "Late December-January." I get two weeks off around Christmas and was hoping to enjoy some drives.

Ordered: Oct. 18th
Confirmed: Oct. 25th
Not in production yet
Delivery: Washington, DC

To me that looks like it moved closer. Late December is better than early January.

My DS just updated me and said my car is scheduled to complete production next week, so seems like they are taking a break over Thanksgiving given it went into production yesterday (or earlier). Looks like I'm still on track for mid-December delivery.

Reactions: Maximapolak
Has anyone been able to reverse engineer the various production schedule steps to find out when an ordered vehicle is likely to go into production, and then how long that production process takes? I posted about it on this thread, but thought I would check here.

Not without someone working there and then violating their NDA :)

We aren't given enough info or insight. And even if you know the exact steps involved, there are numerous external factors (parts delays, line retooling, staffing hiccups, etc) that introduce too much noise to even be accurate about it. Hence, they can only give estimates up until the car finishes production and is scheduled for transport.