Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, I believe, someone inquired about whether or not Tesla updates the Dashboard statuses during the daytime or not. This morning, 8 AM CST, I checked the dashboard and my car stated it was in the queue. Just now I refreshed the page and it says in production.

Just offering my experience.

Oh yeah, and *EXPLODES WITH EXCITEMENT!* :)

The ability to track your order is great. Tesla is ahead from other car makers on this. However, I am wondering why they didn't go all the way.

For example, why not provide updates during production ("Frame Contruction", "Painting", "Motors Installation", "Interior Installation", "Quality Control")? I don't think there is anything to hide here. The way a Model S is build is all over the web.

And why not provide location during transit? It would be cool to be able to follow your car online.

Reactions: DJ-3
I think I have you ALL beat. I confirmed/received VIN for P100D fully loaded, white seats, etc. on August 29 (yes that is NOT a typo), my VIN is 159XXX with original delivery "end of September". Fortunately, the white seats held things up and my delivery was pushed to end of October which gave me the opportunity to upgrade to EAP, FAD. That is when the TM EOQ comes in since I am a Fremont delivery, my order was pushed 2 more times to "December-early Jan", and my DS was useless. FINALLY this morning My Tesla page changed from "in production queue" to "in production" (no auto email or anything from my DS). Excellent example of "Fremont Delivery" = "EOQ" regardless of confirmation date.

I think I have you ALL beat. I confirmed/received VIN for P100D fully loaded, white seats, etc. on August 29 (yes that is NOT a typo), my VIN is 159XXX with original delivery "end of September". Fortunately, the white seats held things up and my delivery was pushed to end of October which gave me the opportunity to upgrade to EAP, FAD. That is when the TM EOQ comes in since I am a Fremont delivery, my order was pushed 2 more times to "December-early Jan", and my DS was useless. FINALLY this morning My Tesla page changed from "in production queue" to "in production" (no auto email or anything from my DS). Excellent example of "Fremont Delivery" = "EOQ" regardless of confirmation date.
Not quite! I ordered 4/9 and delayed delivery twice in order to get EAP. VIN: 156xxx. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. 242 days from order to delivery but that was my choice. :cool:

Not quite! I ordered 4/9 and delayed delivery twice in order to get EAP. VIN: 156xxx. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. 242 days from order to delivery but that was my choice. :cool:
For me it was not my choice (I got lucky the first push). This is my fifth Tesla, and this pre-delivery experience has been by far the worst.

Yeah, ordering earliest delivery and not having your car ready for 4 whole months would really suck. Did you know the white seats would be backordered when you placed your order? I was actually considering a 90D with the gray seats when I ordered, but one of the things that kept me from doing that was the delay on the gray seats.

The ability to track your order is great. Tesla is ahead from other car makers on this. However, I am wondering why they didn't go all the way.

For example, why not provide updates during production ("Frame Contruction", "Painting", "Motors Installation", "Interior Installation", "Quality Control")? I don't think there is anything to hide here. The way a Model S is build is all over the web.

And why not provide location during transit? It would be cool to be able to follow your car online.

Would be fantastic to also have photos at different stages of production. The VIN could be scanned pretty easily I'd think (although no idea what form that takes before there's even a full frame) as the car runs through the line.

Yeah, ordering earliest delivery and not having your car ready for 4 whole months would really suck. Did you know the white seats would be backordered when you placed your order? I was actually considering a 90D with the gray seats when I ordered, but one of the things that kept me from doing that was the delay on the gray seats.
I only found out about the white seats in September when I got a call from TM (not my DS) telling me that if I wanted my car sooner, then I would have to forego the white seats. Luckily I declined (not knowing about about AP2.0), then I got caught up in the TM EOQ factory pickup vortex.

Would be fantastic to also have photos at different stages of production. The VIN could be scanned pretty easily I'd think (although no idea what form that takes before there's even a full frame) as the car runs through the line.
The last thing TM needs are people scru
I only found out about the white seats in September when I got a call from TM (not my DS) telling me that if I wanted my car sooner, then I would have to forego the white seats. Luckily I declined (not knowing about about AP2.0), then I got caught up in the TM EOQ factory pickup vortex.
Its not so much the time involved as 1) complete lack of real communication from TM, 2) information provided incorrect