Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That someone is me.

Someone else in NY had a set hard date & time on the 14th, but the car arrived a week early. They were able to ship from CA to NY in roughly 3 days. It's all very aggressive.

The date I have on the 16th is a hard date & time, with an email confirmation. It's not just a system time frame.

My car delivery date was first on or about 12/26, then I got the call on Saturday 12/3 that the car would be in for 12/14, then yesterday the call came that it had just arrived in NYC & pick up is now scheduled for tomorrow. Really a roller coaster ride, we were in production queue for 32 days then the minute it went into production everything flew by. Travel times is down to 2-3 for the East coast. Total from order to delivery: 48 days

When did you confirm?

Same day as Max - 11/21

How long is it taking for your respective DS's to get back to you after emailing? I haven't heard anything from mine since I confirmed ~3 weeks ago and I emailed 1 week ago still without a reply.

The first two weeks after ordering, I heard nothing. I also didn't reach out. After two weeks, I called my OA to ask if I had to do anything else. I was given the rundown - charger, insurance, etc. Then my OA said they would hand me off to my DS; despite my dashboard already giving me a DS name. My DS contacted me within 24 hours of that hand-off and always responds within 24 hours.

Within the week of the handoff my car was in production, complete with production, and on it's way to the east coast. I'm in week 4 and anticipating just over a week for transit.

Looking back and breaking it down, the time frame was not bad at all for me. This is also assuming my pickup stays in week 5. I seem to be 2-3 days behind TessyGirls' timeline which means I very well may get a call tomorrow or Friday asking me to pick up the car. Not counting on it, but possible.

Last edited:
Please post your DS' response here. I'm curious to see if the projection I got for AZ deliveries last week is still valid.
Just got a call from my DS, said to expect production to start by next week, delivery either just before or after 25th (xmas). I'm hoping before as we are driving to Lake Havasu for a couple days on the 24th, would be a nice road trip for it.

Same day as Max - 11/21

The first two weeks after ordering, I heard nothing. I also didn't reach out. After two weeks, I called my OA to ask if I had to do anything else. I was given the rundown - charger, insurance, etc. Then my OA said they would hand me off to my DS; despite my dashboard already giving me a DS name. My DS contacted me within 24 hours of that hand-off and always responds within 24 hours.

Within the week of the handoff my car was in production, complete with production, and on it's way to the east coast. I'm in week 4 and anticipating just over a week for transit.

Looking back and breaking it down, the time frame was not bad at all for me. This is also assuming my pickup stays in week 5. I seem to be 2-3 days behind TessyGirls' timeline which means I very well may get a call tomorrow or Friday asking me to pick up the car. Not counting on it, but possible.

Cool congrats on such a quick delivery!

<-----New Jersey Delivery

Ordered: 11/21/2016
Confirmed: 11/21/2016
In Production (email): 12/5/2016
Production complete (email): 12/6/2016
In Transit (dashboard): 12/6/2016
ESTIMATED DELIVERY: December 23 - January 6. <---This will definitely change, unless they're walking my car here from Comifornia.

Someone who ordered their car the same day I did, has a delivery date of December 16th.

That is super fast.

At this point I am almost convinced that there is not a status between "production start" and "in transit". I don't understand how a car takes 1 day in production and another 4 or 5 days. At this stage any QA issues are resolved.

My guess is that all cars stay "in production" until it is ready for "transit".

Anyone here got the "Production end" and the "In transit" status changes on different days?

That is super fast.

At this point I am almost convinced that there is not a status between "production start" and "in transit". I don't understand how a car takes 1 day in production and another 4 or 5 days. At this stage any QA issues are resolved.

My guess is that all cars stay "in production" until it is ready for "transit".

Anyone here got the "Production end" and the "In transit" status changes on different days?

My production complete email came early yesterday morning (6am), but still says in production on the dashboard. No email regarding being in transit yet, but I just heard from my DS who said my car should be ready for pickup on the 20th. I am just waiting to confirm the actual appointment.

Last edited:
Dashboard just changed an hour ago from "Late December - January" to "Your estimated delivery window is December 26, 2016 - January 9, 2017"

Being north of the border could account for the three days delay from Maximapolek's NJ estimated delivery window. Maybe our vehicles are on the same transport, after all!

Having said that, the dashboard continues to say I'm still in production. Again I have yet to receive an email update of any kind throughout the process. I've only picked up on changes by refreshing the dashboard.

Ordered: 11/19/2016
Confirmed: 11/20/2016
In Production (dashboard only - later confirmed by DS): 12/4/2016
Defined Estimated Delivery (dashboard only - Dec 26-Jan 9): 12/7/2016

Dashboard just changed an hour ago from "Late December - January" to "Your estimated delivery window is December 26, 2016 - January 9, 2017"

Being north of the border could account for the three days delay from Maximapolek's NJ estimated delivery window. Maybe our vehicles are on the same transport, after all!

Having said that, the dashboard continues to say I'm still in production. Again I have yet to receive an email update of any kind throughout the process. I've only picked up on changes by refreshing the dashboard.

Ordered: 11/19/2016
Confirmed: 11/20/2016
In Production (dashboard only - later confirmed by DS): 12/4/2016
Defined Estimated Delivery (dashboard only - Dec 26-Jan 9): 12/7/2016

I had the same thing happen to me today... My car has been in production since 12/3 and this morning when I checked, it changed from "December to Early January" to "December 10, 2016 - December 24, 2016". I was excited and kept checking today (the Refresh Syndrome is real...) and about an hour ago it changed to "December 10, 2016 - December 17, 2016" and my status changed to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory". It's ready!!! :D

That's in line with others have been saying. It is just going straight from "Production" to "Transit". My DS is out of office today. I'm hoping to hear some confirmation from him tomorrow! This all happened so fast... went into production on Saturday night and now it's coming in the next week! Though, I think I got SUPER lucky for someone who lives in California (San Diego)...

Ordered 11/14, Confirmed 11/16, VIN 11/17, Prod Start 12/3, Prod End 12/7. Delivery 12/10 - 12/17!

I had the same thing happen to me today... My car has been in production since 12/3 and this morning when I checked, it changed from "December to Early January" to "December 10, 2016 - December 24, 2016". I was excited and kept checking today (the Refresh Syndrome is real...) and about an hour ago it changed to "December 10, 2016 - December 17, 2016" and my status changed to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory". It's ready!!! :D

That's in line with others have been saying. It is just going straight from "Production" to "Transit". My DS is out of office today. I'm hoping to hear some confirmation from him tomorrow! This all happened so fast... went into production on Saturday night and now it's coming in the next week! Though, I think I got SUPER lucky for someone who lives in California (San Diego)...

Ordered 11/14, Confirmed 11/16, VIN 11/17, Prod Start 12/3, Prod End 12/7. Delivery 12/10 - 12/17!
Lucky. I'd say. I confirmed on the 9th and still nothing. In San Diego.