Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to start a "show your garage" thread. I'm halfway done mine, would love to see other's ideas. Yours is looking great!

Um, I'm developing a slight inferiority complex with my quick addition to my 85-year old garage. :oops::D

Charger.JPG

Ok I'm excited...

Ordered a MS 90D 10/6. Confirmed 10/13. Not happy all the east coast folks that ordered 30 days after I did had a MS to drive.. Production started 12/08. Finished 12/10... Target for pickup at Factory updated to 12/12-12/19. Happy Camper again.

Who did you piss off?! I can promise I slept with no one in order to get my car that early. hmmm. That is unless my wife secretly works for Tesla. (I sure hope so).

My car has been in production for a week. Not sure what to think. DS says its being inspected for QA which is good but I'm not sure why some had their cars built in 1 day or 2 days. 7 seems on the long side. Hopefully they don't try to push through something that isn't right. They can take their time if it means getting a better car.

My car has been in production for a week. Not sure what to think. DS says its being inspected for QA which is good but I'm not sure why some had their cars built in 1 day or 2 days. 7 seems on the long side. Hopefully they don't try to push through something that isn't right. They can take their time if it means getting a better car.

My car was in production for two whole weeks.

How much did that cost? My electrician quoted me $10,500 for an upgrade from 200 A to 300 A with a new panel, etc.
That is crazy expensive! I'm having my service upgraded to accommodate a new 100A breaker and 90A service to the HPWC. My breaker box has to be replaced, a new service line dropped from the pole to my house, about 30 feet of cable run from the box to where I want the HPWC installed, and all city permits and inspections. All in it's $2k and is being performed by the Tesla recommended electrician for my area. If he'd told me $10.5K, I would've just done the work myself and paid to have it inspected.

Mine went into production today as well according to the site - but I didn't get an email...... wondering what are they telling you for a delivery date

I ordered on 11/7 and also received my VIN on 11/15. Went into production on 12/2, and still is in production. DS just emailed me today saying ETA for delivery is 1/3 in Long Island, NY. I'm pretty jealous of all the people who are getting it before Christmas. Oh well!

That is crazy expensive! I'm having my service upgraded to accommodate a new 100A breaker and 90A service to the HPWC. My breaker box has to be replaced, a new service line dropped from the pole to my house, about 30 feet of cable run from the box to where I want the HPWC installed, and all city permits and inspections. All in it's $2k and is being performed by the Tesla recommended electrician for my area. If he'd told me $10.5K, I would've just done the work myself and paid to have it inspected.

In my last house I had my charger installed for $200. But that was for a 30 amp charger. In my current house I had them install a drier plug in the garage when they built the house. That also cost $200. I really regret I didn't install two of them.