Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like my config sig 703 matches 371 except I'm getting silver wheels and paint protection. I want my car! (whine)

I can tell you nothing in your config should be holding you up, as I had the same until I switched wheels and removed paint armor a few days ago. In the delivery email they even give you the option to switch wheels at that time (in case your didn't realize that performance grey meant dark grey, not silver.) I was told they arent allowed to say why certain res numbers have jumped ahead in the queue, but that they had a meeting with GB about it on Thurs and he will be posting an explanation online any day now, as "we saw the forums light up about this." It was implied but not said that it is geography that is causing the batching.

Last edited:
I can tell you nothing in your config should be holding you up, as I had the same until I switched a few days ago. In the delivery email they even give you the option to switch wheels at that time (in case your didn't realize that performance grey meant dark grey, not silver.) I was told they arent allowed to say why certain res numbers have jumped ahead in the queue, but that they had a meeting with GB about it on Thurs and he will be posting an explanation online any day now, as "we saw the forums light up about this." It was implied but not said that it is geography that is causing the batching.
That's what they told me for Europe as well.

Although we are still a couple of months from delivery away they told me that me and my colleague (200 reservations apart) will probably get our cars at the same day. Due to logistics they'll be delivering a batch to Germany, to Belgium, to the Netherlands, etc, to keep it regional. Sounds very logical to me.

That could explain the difference in deliveries.