Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys get any emails from Tesla or all information comes from the My Tesla site?

I just saw my estimated delivery range change from "December to early January 2017" to "December 18, 2016 - January 1, 2017" this morning.

I get most information from the My Tesla site(MT). Both the DS and the dealership has been a bit of a disappointment so far. Thought it was changing when I notice a nice email thanking me for my "Tesla order" and then I realized it was for a tee shirt I ordered.
Other than the person that took me on the 15 minute test drive that was great and very knowledgeable, I would rate Tesla sales/delivery a solid C. Nothing bad, just not very good and definitely no way near BMW, Cadillac or Mercedes. I really hope they finish strong and prove me wrong. I take delivery in the next 2 weeks (it entered production last night according to MT) so I hope I have just caught them on a bad month.

You will get your car before April 1 or Tesla will honor the free supercharging (its not unlimited, its just free, they reserve rights to cut people off and whatnot even if they haven't done that yet to anyone). Since you are in Oregon, I expect that your car will be built towards the middle of March and delivered before the end of the quarter/month. At least that's based on my experience when ordering.

Understood on "unlimited". Good refinement. And also thanks for the schedule thoughts. Now... I wait. ... is it here yet?

I get most information from the My Tesla site(MT). Both the DS and the dealership has been a bit of a disappointment so far. Thought it was changing when I notice a nice email thanking me for my "Tesla order" and then I realized it was for a tee shirt I ordered.
Other than the person that took me on the 15 minute test drive that was great and very knowledgeable, I would rate Tesla sales/delivery a solid C. Nothing bad, just not very good and definitely no way near BMW, Cadillac or Mercedes. I really hope they finish strong and prove me wrong. I take delivery in the next 2 weeks (it entered production last night according to MT) so I hope I have just caught them on a bad month.

I got the order confirmation and VIN assignment emails and nothing else. My DS didn't call me either. I waited 3 weeks after confirmation before calling him. At the time, the website still said my car was pending production but DS said car will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. I'm pretty sure Tesla knows exactly where my car is in the line. Owner adviser (demo guy) and DS are super nice but overall communications has been mediocre at best.

I'm noticing a number of people are not happy with their DS but I gotta say, my DS (Brandon) has been very responsive. Whenever I would send him an email, he would usually call me within an hour rather than just respond with email. I have been extremely pleased with his responsiveness.

You will get your car before April 1 or Tesla will honor the free supercharging (its not unlimited, its just free, they reserve rights to cut people off and whatnot even if they haven't done that yet to anyone). Since you are in Oregon, I expect that your car will be built towards the middle of March and delivered before the end of the quarter/month. At least that's based on my experience when ordering.
Hi croman, i ordered MS 90D on December 3 in china. Do you know when will the Fremont factory begin to build china or asian orders? Thanks.

I'm noticing a number of people are not happy with their DS but I gotta say, my DS (Brandon) has been very responsive. Whenever I would send him an email, he would usually call me within an hour rather than just respond with email. I have been extremely pleased with his responsiveness.
How do you get a DS? Nothing has shown up in my email and the site doesn't even list an email anymore.

Scarlett, our new P100D, is home! Pickup in Vancouver was fairly smooth yesterday, although we had trouble transferring my precious olympic commemorative plates without some arm-twisting at ICBC by my able DS. Fit and finish looked really good. I saw nothing out of place in the interior. The exterior paint could have used more detailing after transport, and Tesla agreed to handle this when convenient for me. There were no serious flaws, just a few very light clear-coat scratches on the hood and rear deck.

Love the UltraWhite seats! They are the most comfortable and supportive Tesla seats I have had yet. The glass roof is truly awesome. It is almost like driving with the top down but minus the wind. The P100D has a wonderful drive characteristic. It feels as smooth and silent as my original Signature (on its third DU), but as tight and responsive as my wife's 2015 P85D. There is NO front drivetrain whine like on the early P85Ds. I kept it out of Ludicrous so far, since our roads are dicey. Sport mode is very predictable and moderate for routine (and winter) driving.

I discovered a great use for Bioweapon Defense Mode: It is GREAT for removing the noxious aspects of "new car smell." Let's face it-- it is a sentimental pleasure initially, but it is composed of VOCs after all, and not great on the physiology. Five minutes on BDM and it was like fresh BC air inside!

This was by far my fastest Tesla acquisition cycle—a day shy of 7 weeks from online order to pickup. Go TESLA!

View attachment 205756

Beautiful

Just called my DS.
I'm scheduled to take Delivery on Wednesday Dec 21.

:D

Edit: (sorry)
Ordered 11/16
Confirmed 11/19
Start Production 12/5
Finish 12/12
Delivery by truck.
I will take delivery 12/21

Congrats!! I talked to my DS there today and found out I get to pick up mine on the 17th!

I could have gotten it on the 16th but unable to because my wife has to work and wants to be there with me. :p

Not looking forward to getting it though right smack dab in the middle of this huge snow storm that's predicted to start this Friday here in Minneapolis.

Told my wife, "I'll be able to go 0 to snow bank in 2.5 seconds!" :D

@steveho @Holmes @JRMW @PatrickB

My Model S 60D is in transit and I'm planning to pick it up from the Eden Prairie Dealership on 12/23. It's been great following each of your production journey's as I'm sure mine shared space in production or in transit with one of you.

I'm open to be part of the photo-shoot if you want. Let's just wait a few weeks until it gets above zero :)

So many new Tesla's coming to Minneapolis! :D Can't wait until it's above 0!! I have a bad feeling this will be a LONG winter. :(

Reactions: steveho