Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing a lot of the configs here, I was begining to think I was the only one to order a sig performance w/o 21" wheels. Glad to see someone else did too. Same delivery window as mine too. I might see you at the factory if we end up getting the same delivery date.

I really struggled with the wheel choice. I love how the 21s look, and it seemed we were giving up a lot of money we had already spent with a Signature Model S, but the 19s are likely to provide a smoother ride, last longer, and provide about a 1 to 2 percent range advantage over the stickier performance tires, so I just decided to be practical. Hope it was not a big mistake.

Our delivery date will likely be late in the window due to our personal schedules, but I'll let you know when I get it. It would be great to meet there!

Signature #121 - Ohio - Delivery window 10/11/12 - 10/27/12

Performance Sig Red
Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Decor
Tech, Sound, Active Air
Parcel Shelf, Paint Armor
Twin Chargers
HPC

Sent all the required paperwork in within 2 hours! The wait is almost over.

Looking at the developing list of delivery dates and quoted ranges, it is both encouraging to see the acceleration of the rate of these e-mails from Tesla and also that so many Signature reservations are being filled. At the same time, I wonder if the fact that we only have a few from each of the 12 or 13 groups of 100 could mean that an awful lot of folks have opted out when it came time to put money on the table or if we just don't have data on most of the deliveries because only a limited set of customers are posting on this site? I guess there could be some of both, and there is no way to tell how many more Signature orders still need to be filled. Anyone have any ideas about this? Will we just have to wait for the third quarter results call?

After seeing a lot of the configs here, I was begining to think I was the only one to order a sig performance w/o 21" wheels. Glad to see someone else did too. Same delivery window as mine too. I might see you at the factory if we end up getting the same delivery date.

A friend of mine also ordered his Sig Performance with the 19" wheels. He's not on TMC. I'm truly torn. I ordered the 19, but I just love how the silver 21's look with the white paint.

Looking at the developing list of delivery dates and quoted ranges, it is both encouraging to see the acceleration of the rate of these e-mails from Tesla and also that so many Signature reservations are being filled. At the same time, I wonder if the fact that we only have a few from each of the 12 or 13 groups of 100 could mean that an awful lot of folks have opted out when it came time to put money on the table or if we just don't have data on most of the deliveries because only a limited set of customers are posting on this site? I guess there could be some of both, and there is no way to tell how many more Signature orders still need to be filled. Anyone have any ideas about this? Will we just have to wait for the third quarter results call?
I think it's just that they are not on TMC. US Sig list is full and all orders locked down (though people did get pulled from the wait-list so there was some attrition - I am one of them). For someone to drop now would cost them $10k. I believe there are still a few Canadian Sig slots left.

@timdorr: so the SSL list is no longer directly visible obviously, but there are some numbers missed in the data transfer (I noticed mine in any case) to google docs and no ability to update the google docs without creating a google login...or am I missing something?

Yeah, good point. Let me make it editable for everyone. Hope that doesn't cause too many problems..

Edit: OK, you can edit it if you go to the results link.

Last edited:

I would think the best way to track it would be from the VIN's.....

Scheduled to take delivery of Sig Special #71 on Monday. Can't hardly wait!!

Do you hear this? Do you really hear this?? The 35dB whisper quiet cacaphone of hundreds of Tesla reservation holders - THREE YEAR reservation holders - getting The Email. The one they have had so much fun awaiting for years. This is it. The watershed moment when a Model S goes from a few betas - where stores all over the country don't even have a car to test drive, to hundreds across the country. After three years and a coffee mug and a toy Tesla radio controlled car, the Model S is really taking to the the streets, all in a few weeks. I have never seen a Model S on the road. I have never seen an alpha. And I live in Boston (not excatly remote) and I am an avid fan, stock holder, reservation holder. So think about all the people who have heard of the Model S who are about jump out of their skin when they see one cruising Highway Five, or Route 95, or the Florida Turnpike in a few weeks. Everything is about to change. Including our brooding over TMC at 1225am to find out if there's a service plan yet, if a store may open soon in the New England area, if anyone might have a picture of the pacific blue color with a pano roof, or the lacewood with the tan leather. Or a new idea for the console. You see, it's not about getting my car - not totally - its about Tesla flying, EVs taking off like never before, and all of us out driving our Model S - most of us in a few short months - As the world watches and says "- hmmm. That's pretty cool...". And suddenly it is a slightly different world and Elon (how cool is Elon?) has helped each one of us make our own little dent in this universe. It'll be different now, very soon. We'll miss the wait and thrill in the drive. I remember the first time I saw the Model S online. Didn't exist yet. It was a clay model. But here comes Bonnie's and Mike M's and Dadaleus' and Nigel's and Ben's and...ours. So when that email finally comes my way - oh sure I'll be ready to ride - but The Journey has already been electrifying. Keep the stampeding delivery announcements coming! Yahoo!

Do you hear this? Do you really hear this?? The 35dB whisper quiet cacaphone of hundreds of Tesla reservation holders - THREE YEAR reservation holders - getting The Email. The one they have had so much fun awaiting for years. This is it. The watershed moment when a Model S goes from a few betas - where stores all over the country don't even have a car to test drive, to hundreds across the country. After three years and a coffee mug and a toy Tesla radio controlled car, the Model S is really taking to the the streets, all in a few weeks. I have never seen a Model S on the road. I have never seen an alpha. And I live in Boston (not excatly remote) and I am an avid fan, stock holder, reservation holder. So think about all the people who have heard of the Model S who are about jump out of their skin when they see one cruising Highway Five, or Route 95, or the Florida Turnpike in a few weeks. Everything is about to change. Including our brooding over TMC at 1225am to find out if there's a service plan yet, if a store may open soon in the New England area, if anyone might have a picture of the pacific blue color with a pano roof, or the lacewood with the tan leather. Or a new idea for the console. You see, it's not about getting my car - not totally - its about Tesla flying, EVs taking off like never before, and all of us out driving our Model S - most of us in a few short months - As the world watches and says "- hmmm. That's pretty cool...". And suddenly it is a slightly different world and Elon (how cool is Elon?) has helped each one of us make our own little dent in this universe. It'll be different now, very soon. We'll miss the wait and thrill in the drive. I remember the first time I saw the Model S online. Didn't exist yet. It was a clay model. But here comes Bonnie's and Mike M's and Dadaleus' and Nigel's and Ben's and...ours. So when that email finally comes my way - oh sure I'll be ready to ride - but The Journey has already been electrifying. Keep the stampeding delivery announcements coming! Yahoo!

Well said, ModelS1079!