Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car today. The car had some coating issues and I had them to clean/polish it 3 times. They have so many cars to be delivered today so they didn't spend much time with me. Looks like they hired people from the street to just get us out of the place.

Now I need help from the group here. Please help:

1). I don't have AP at all right now. I was told that it will be coming soon. I understand AP2 is not fully available yet but AP1 is not included at all.

2). People at the place told me that I shouldn't be using SC as much because it can degrade the performance of the battery. Is it true?

3). While I was waiting for the car to be washed, I spent some time to understand how the service is done. They said that they prefer to send people to service my car. How is that different the Ranger service?

So far, I love the drive/feel of the car. Hoping I can get AP soon.

#2 supercharging does not degrade the battery

So I guess that if you ordered in December but checked "early as possible" delivery. You get done sooner than November deliveries that wanted 2017 MY cars....oh well. I can buy something else and lose the $2500 I guess. Really need the car in January
Don't give up hope.
If you drive a Tesla you have that Tesla smile.
And remember your grandmother told you not to throw away $2,500.

Reactions: Ormond
Magoo406:

Seeing that you are in Montana they should give you and your family winter jackets like they did for us, a nice touch. Did they say how big the scratch was? They said that they were going to order touchup paint for the one on our rear bumper. Not sure how I feel about that? Part of me says it is a 2ish inch scratch and touchup paint will be okay. The other part of me says we just spent $160,000 (with taxes/doc fee) and they should have it done right like they are doing for you. I guess I will wait to see how good the touchup job does? Is it still noticeable, if so then they should either kick back the amount it will cost to repaint the bumper cover, about $2,000ish based on my experience.

Good Luck.
thanks, i mentioned the winter jacket to the DS, but he sounds pretty new.to his position. He finally admitted that the car was involved in a fender bender during delivery, so basically it would have been a 'damaged new car'. since there was no initial transparency, then felt it was better to assume the worse, and asked for a new build, but still will lifetime free supercharging - all of which is now happening. I just got an email indicating that
"Your order will be automatically confirmed on January 7th. If you would like to make changes to your design, please do so before then. When confirmed, the Tesla factory will begin sourcing parts to manufacture your Model S.

After January 7th, a $500 change fee will be required to change the design of your Model S."

The DS said delivery would be around mid february, but i said it needs to be earlier giver than they would have had my cash since late december for the original p100d order. In your experience, how long does delivery take after getting such an email ? Also has anyone had experience with the rear facing seats? thanks for sharing your experience. How do you access information from reddit on tesla?

Just ordered mine but it says I have only until the 15th to change the design. Has it always been just one week to change, I thought it was 2? Is this you think because some new announcement is coming 1/16/17?

It was 2 weeks a long time ago - I don't know when it changed but it was two weeks for sure when I ordered my first one in 2013. It was one week when I ordered on 11/1/16.

Mike

Tesla opened their website in Taiwan on 7/1/16. They are only taking orders for Model S, but accepting deposits of Model X and Model 3.

I placed my order on 8/4/16 and just noticed I now have a VIN (10/4/16).

Model S 75D blue, pano roof, tan next gen seats, 19" cyclone wheels, autopilot, premium package, air suspension.

There are no supercharger in Taiwan, yet. But my daily commute is about 35km roundtrip, and I seldom drive more than 100km a day. I figure charging in the garage overnight would be more than enough.

Owner advisor is quoting delivery by the end of January next year at this point.

Update to my previous post--I've just received an email from my DS to confirm delivery date of 1/24--the first delivery date for Tesla in Taiwan.

Reactions: steveho

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 91