Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I think it's bad info. Why wouldn't they finish out the sigs so they could turn down the Sig Red paint setup? Also, we're talking like 2 weeks of production to just knock out the CDN Sigs. Unless something went really sideways in the homologation process, I'm sure they'll just crank out 1200 NA Sigs and then move to R's.

I agree, it sounds like bad info. It makes no sense to break down the paint setup, only to restart again in the near future.

I agree, but what is going to happen with European Sigs? My guess would be that Sig Red won't be available for them. There isn't any European pricing yet available and I don't think that I get my #EUSig84 delivered anytime soon.

There's no reason they couldn't fire back up the Sig Red paint next year for the European Sigs so I hope it's still available for you.

I agree, it sounds like bad info. It makes no sense to break down the paint setup, only to restart again in the near future.

Just to be clear I was only reporting on what I was told. I was told that there are 1000 US Sigs and that as soon as they are built they are moving to start building the US Ps.
He said that "we will start building the Canadian Sigs later in the year". He was very clear that US Ps will be started prior to the Canadian Sigs.
Did he give me bad info? Possibly. That's why I suggested that Doug might also want to call. I guess it's also possible that there are some snags in getting everything in place for shipping to Canada.
I'm NOT trying to interfere with Can Sig deliveries at all. It would be great if they could knock them off quickly after US Sigs and then get on with our Ps as someone suggested here.
Hey, I looovvveee Canada!! The trees are just the right height there!
;/) Sorry, a little US political humor.

There's no reason they couldn't fire back up the Sig Red paint next year for the European Sigs so I hope it's still available for you.

But then this could apply to Canadian Sigs, too. On the other hand Tesla could also do a reasonable amount of Sig Red bodies ahead and store them away until Canadian/European production is ready. I guess it probably won't be so much of a big deal assuming producing the bodies is not the limiting production rate factor.

Just to be clear I was only reporting on what I was told. I was told that there are 1000 US Sigs and that as soon as they are built they are moving to start building the US Ps.
He said that "we will start building the Canadian Sigs later in the year". He was very clear that US Ps will be started prior to the Canadian Sigs.
Did he give me bad info? Possibly. That's why I suggested that Doug might also want to call. (snip)

We definitely don't want to shoot the messenger :smile: I think all of us are sensitive on these issues, and with the way things have gone in the last fw months it's hard to know what's true, we do make a lot of assumptions, and a few surprises have popped up. So far the only reliable sources seem to be George B and Elon, and the reps who don't say very much or try to answer every question.

We definitely don't want to shoot the messenger :smile: I think all of us are sensitive on these issues, and with the way things have gone in the last fw months it's hard to know what's true, we do make a lot of assumptions, and a few surprises have popped up. So far the only reliable sources seem to be George B and Elon, and the reps who don't say very much or try to answer every question.

Agree! My comment about 'bad info' was not directed at a forum member, but rather how many conflicting stories we get from Tesla reps. I know the intent is good, but they (like everyone) may fill in knowledge gaps with assumptions & then they state it in such a way that it becomes fact.

Certainly my original rant was directed at Tesla, not the messenger.

If this information is wrong, then clearly Tesla has a major problem with keeping their people on message. I'm starting to think some of their people say whatever the customer wants to hear. A bad strategy as this inevitably backfires - guaranteed.

If it is correct then my original rant stands. :scared:

- - - Updated - - -

Another forum member passed along this message he got from Tesla at the end of August:

The current build plan has Canadian cars entering production and delivery right after the completion of the US Signature cars. This would put the first Canadian deliveries approximately by the end of this year, likely November or December. Once they go into production, we will be building them concurrently with US spec cars on the production line.

Am I reading the sheet right that s964 has an vin already, but s1299 is being delivered at the end of October? That's a big difference in about 300 sequence numbers.

The sequence isn't exactly perfect. Between geographical batching, parts delays, and other issues, your sequence number is exactly set in stone. But still, we have up to 569 confirmed cars either produced or at least at some point in the production process, based on VIN. So, sequence isn't going to matter much for S/SSL's in a few weeks :)

SSL 173 (VIN 234) is delivered in Memphis.
BlackberryPhotos 125.jpg