Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MS100D to Ohio
  • Ordered 5/27 (with web site saying "late June delivery", as it said through 6/4)
  • Confirmed 6/4
  • Original estimate "end of June", now "July to early August"
  • In Production June 12
Just today My Tesla updated to say "Estimated Delivery Range: Late June - July". Getting closer!

I would LOVE to see before and after pics when you get the opportunity. I went with Pearl White as well and I'm curious how yours will look after modifications. I plan to keep mine simple. Going from 98 Camry to Tesla S seems significant enough.

I'm cringing at the thought of handing my S over but seems important to protect the paint. Is it foolish that I am putting off windows tinting, radar & laser detector, for undetermined length of time?

Absolutely. I will take before and after pictures.. as well as review each components that I install.... 48 more hours.....

Anything you could share on a "pick up checklist", beyond general fit and finish?

Here is my aggregation of the various lists I’ve seen. Most of it is confirming numbers, feature, finish. Some of this is specific to my order. Modify as per your order. I find having the check list means that you don’t miss something in the excitement of wanting to just jump in and drive off.

After going through all that the only issue I found was small spot of glue on the paint behind the rear driver side door below the chrome which they cleaned immediately

• Make sure VIN matches paperwork
  • Correct battery capcity and AWD
  • Correct paint finish
  • Correct Wheels

INTERIOR
(As ordered)
  • Black
  • Black Tesla Seats
  • Figured Ash Wood Décor
  • Integrated Center Console
  • Black Alcantara Headliner

CHARGING

• Supercharger Enabled High
  • High Amperage Charger

OPTIONS
(As ordered)
  • Enhanced Autopilot Premium Upgrades
  • Package Smart Air Suspension
  • Subzero Weather Package

Set up for Usage:
  • Tesla App
  • Bluetooth
  • Slacker username/pass word
  • It charges with UMC (plug it in on site to verify)
  • Tire pressure (see door)
  • Latest software version 17.22.46

Included Accessories:

• Phone bracket/ cables
  • Two key fobs
  • Front and rear floor mats
  • Chrome ‘Tesla’ license plate frame (check the frunk if you can’t find it)
  • Front license plate mount (check the frunk if you can’t find it)
  • Universal Mobile Connector (UMC) cable with standard adapters and carry bag 1. J1772 adapter 2. NEMA 5-15 110V adapter 3. NEMA 14-50 240V adapter
  • License plates

Checking for Issues:

• No Dirt under clear coat
  • No Scratches in paint
  • No Frayed headliner
  • No Wheel scrapes
  • No Tire scrapes (sidewall damaged)
  • Dash
  • Seats
  • Chrome around windows
  • Bumpers
  • Mirrors fold and unfold
  • Glove box
  • Front and rear trunk including alignment
  • All glass /windshield/ lights
  • Charge cover
  • Door handles work
  • Doors aligned
  • Door open and close smooth
  • Sunroof

MS100D to Ohio
  • Ordered 5/27 (with web site saying "late June delivery", as it said through 6/4)
  • Confirmed 6/4
  • Original estimate "end of June", now "July to early August"
  • In Production June 12
Just today My Tesla updated to say "Estimated Delivery Range: Late June - July". Getting closer!

My Tesla changed again - twice in one day. Now says:
  • Estimated Delivery Range: June 25, 2017 - July 9, 2017

Well someone is getting a car soon. From our car while heading south on 101 in San Jose area today.

Teslas_On_Carrier_061717. - 1.jpg Teslas_On_Carrier_061717. - 2.jpg Teslas_On_Carrier_061717. - 3.jpg Teslas_On_Carrier_061717. - 4.jpg

Sorry quality above is not that great. Too lazy to pop the card out of the camera and load on the computer...instead from screen capture from internal memory of app. At least 2 white, 2 blue, 2 black and maybe a midnight silver? Kind of hard to tell for sure. Think I counted 7 total. Probably fresh from the factory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pdxdesign
Where are you checking the Estimated Delivery Date Range? My order is in production since last Friday and I can only see estimated delivery MONTHLY range (i.e. Late June - July).

Keep checking your My Tesla page. It usually narrows to a smaller span sometime after shipment. Mine took about 3 days in transit for it to narrow the delivery window to days instead of months.

Where are you checking the Estimated Delivery Date Range? My order is in production since last Friday and I can only see estimated delivery MONTHLY range (i.e. Late June - July).

Thanks!
Mine said that before being updated on Sunday to July 2 - July 16. Status still shows in production. I talked to my DS and was told the car was done days ago and is just waiting to be handed over to logistics.

• Ordered S60 4/14 - changed to S75 on 4/21
  • Original Delivery set for 5/18 -- some communication issues result in rebuild
  • New Order 5/14
  • Confirmed 5/22
  • In Production June 1
  • Finish Production June 6
  • Delivered June 17
I was super nervous after reading all the accounts of build quality towards the end of a quarter, but after a pretty thorough inspection on delivery day I couldn't find a thing I was unhappy with (I got one of the "good ones"?). This car is freaking amazing. In 4 days I've put over 500 miles on it, and I'm still looking for more reasons to go out and drive it!

• Ordered S60 4/14 - changed to S75 on 4/21
  • Original Delivery set for 5/18 -- some communication issues result in rebuild
  • New Order 5/14
  • Confirmed 5/22
  • In Production June 1
  • Finish Production June 6
  • Delivered June 17
I was super nervous after reading all the accounts of build quality towards the end of a quarter, but after a pretty thorough inspection on delivery day I couldn't find a thing I was unhappy with (I got one of the "good ones"?). This car is freaking amazing. In 4 days I've put over 500 miles on it, and I'm still looking for more reasons to go out and drive it!

You're obligated to post pics. I'm Just Saying!!

Congrats on the new ride and flawless delivery. Hoping for the same in a couple days.

MS100D to Ohio
  • Ordered May 27 (with web site saying "late June delivery", as it said through June 4)
  • Confirmed June 4
  • As of June 5, My Tesla is now "July to early August" :(
  • In Production June 12.
  • June 18 My Tesla changed to "Estimated Delivery Range: Late June - July". Received automated email saying "In Transit" but DS said "being prepped for delivery" and "he is expecting it in town around June 26".
  • Later on that same day June 18, My Tesla changed to: Estimated Delivery Range: June 25, 2017 - July 9, 2017.
  • June 21, another automated email saying "In Transit"
  • Changed today, June 23 to "In transit" on My Tesla for the first time.
Tesla isn't telling me squat - I've had better conmunications from my Toyota dealer. I assume it's coming via truck, not train, but that's speculation. I expected more, detailed status information but at least here in Columbus they don't roll that way. It does give me concern about the inevitable service visits.

I do have a pickup scheduled for June 30, which was the delivery target when I ordered. My primary concerns is not losing the 1.49% interest or having a 2nd credit check on my report. And that they simply do what they say they will do - that's not too much to ask in any business dealing, but it's becoming a rare commodity in the USA (especially in the "sales" business).

I'm still holding them to do what they said they would do - to their credit we are on track to make that happen despite the sparse and inconsistent communication. It appears we are on track to make the delivery dates originally promised.

Lord willing, soon I will officially be a part of the family! :cool:

MS100D/Midnight Silver/21"GreyTurbines/EAP/PUP/SAS/SWP
Ordered: 4/24
Confirmed: 5/1
Entered Production: 6/8 (FINALLY)
Delivery Schefuled: 6/26
Car is in Cleveland SC waiting for me!!!
Beautiful! Seems like a very long time to move to production. Do you recall what dates the web site gave when you ordered? Seems to be definitive quarter-end pushes to get cars out. Or maybe they somehow "batch" cars by options for different weeks?

My primary concerns is not losing the 1.49% interest or having a 2nd credit check on my report.

I would confirm this with your Tesla lending contact yourself, but mine told me the bank would honor the 1.49% rate if delivery went past the thirty day window as long as it was a Tesla delay. I believe they run a second credit check only if they have to refresh the financing terms, which would happen if you as the customer were to delay taking delivery past the thirty days, and the car was ready and waiting for you.

I'd be interested to hear if your lending person says the same thing!

I would confirm this with your Tesla lending contact yourself, but mine told me the bank would honor the 1.49% rate if delivery went past the thirty day window as long as it was a Tesla delay. I believe they run a second credit check only if they have to refresh the financing terms, which would happen if you as the customer were to delay taking delivery past the thirty days, and the car was ready and waiting for you.

I'd be interested to hear if your lending person says the same thing!

If unsure, definitely best to confirm. The bottom of my approval email (just received Tues) says "*Note: Loan offers are valid for delivery prior to 7/1."

Beautiful! Seems like a very long time to move to production. Do you recall what dates the web site gave when you ordered? Seems to be definitive quarter-end pushes to get cars out. Or maybe they somehow "batch" cars by options for different weeks?

It seems they did it in batches. A lot of the 100D's didn't start production until a few weeks ago. If it's in transit you'll probably get it before 6/30. In terms of the 1.49% it's really their banking partners that determine the rate.

Reactions: KArnold