Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of things:
How cool is is it that this forum let Lynn track down VIN 1084 in minutes. Try that in a new Camry.
How unbelievable cool it indeed is for me to hear of all these very good folks receiving their Model S's after sharing the wait. Love the pics, small moments shared, the unbridled kid revealed within. Goodness yes this is all great.
How cool is it that, exactly three years, six months after I made my deposit on a clay model called The Model S, I got a VIN and a window. Look forward to sharing some moments here soon. CONGRATS ALL!

AnOutsider -- My driver told me about other stops -- what state are you in? I can't remember which he mentioned. My VIN is 992.

I'm in PA. I believe it was mentioned my driver was stopping in Denver, then Michigan, then here. Perhaps a factory slip-up then. Maybe it was a double print and we both have my sticker haha. If I get yours, I'll mail it to you.

As promised, my DS was waiting for me at the airport when my flight landed at FLL (at 9:15pm!). He picked me up in TMC's F-150 and drove me to the Dania Beach service center, where we filled out the DMV paperwork and I was on my way! I can't say enough about the Dania Beach team. They are extraordinary. As is the car, of course, but everyone here already knows that. Not much more to add, other than that I have F/W 4.0. Can't fit the car in the garage without parking completely diagonally. I will have to have a concrete guy with a jackhammer out over the next couple of days in order to cure that.

It was nice hanging out with all of you in the delivery threads!

Funny thing -- as I was driving home, I remembered a very old joke. It suddenly has new meaning, and I can't believe I didn't think about it before I picked up the car, and I don't think anyone mentioned it here:

Once there was a snail who was tired of being slow. He went out and bought a really fast sports car and had the dealer paint a big 'S' on each side of it.

Whenever someone saw him zooming past in his new car, they would say, "Hey, look at that S-car go!"

As promised, my DS was waiting for me at the airport when my flight landed at FLL (at 9:15pm!). He picked me up in TMC's F-150 and drove me to the Dania Beach service center, where we filled out the DMV paperwork and I was on my way! I can't say enough about the Dania Beach team. They are extraordinary. As is the car, of course, but everyone here already knows that. Not much more to add, other than that I have F/W 4.0. Can't fit the car in the garage without parking completely diagonally. I will have to have a concrete guy with a jackhammer out over the next couple of days in order to cure that.

Congratulations!

Hi, folks. I have a home delivery window confirmed now for Dec 12-26, but no VIN.
No phone call, just an email to confirm delivery details, which walks you through a few steps on the web site, and that's how I learned the delivery window.
But still no VIN.
Is that normal?

Sig Performance VIN 1062 (red with black interior and CF accents, I believe) delivered yesterday in Broward County, Florida. It's a friend who is not on the boards at all. He loves the car, is a bit overwhelmed by the touchscreen, and already has the new software update.

His first two questions to me were: how do I get the side mirrors to fold automatically when I park, and when are they going to update the software to give me an alarm/warning when I'm parking in the front/back of the car? I told him (a) never, and (b) he'd need to have that installed aftermarket. Otherwise, his feedback was very positive.