Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my email it states it's good for 30 days. When I asked in that email what happens if I pick up after the fact and would I still get the same. The answer was you won't have any problems we will simply refresh. Not knowing that means we will refresh ur rate and change it to whatever. My score has not change. Income has not changed. Everything is the same as when I applied. I'm only dealing with the manager at this point as I'm pretty much screwed. I refuse to pay more than what was agreed upon when I m
I took delivery last Thursday and when I ordered the rate was 1.49%. During my two month wait for the car they dropped the rate to .99%. I emailed Tesla financing to make sure I was getting the new rate and they emailed me right back and said absolutely. In the email they included the new loan numbers with the .99%. It was seemless. Why on earth would they be trying to raise the rate on you? Did your credit take a hit recently?

Nope income, credit, everything the exact same. I have no idea why I'm having the absolute worst luck. Tomorrow is my pick up but I don't know if I will because I'm waiting for paperwork, finances, and everything else that wasn't prepared. I filled all this out the first week of the order so I wouldn't have this issue. But just my luck right?

My car just went into production!!! The on-line status has changed as of this morning. No configuration changes (still showing APH2 for example), no email notifications yet.
75D, ordered 8/10, confirmed 8/13. Still hoping for September delivery.

Well boys I may not own a tesla after all. I just got off the phone with the manager and none of my problems were resolved, but increased. With no paperwork sent to me and nothing prepared for my delivery I asked to have it sent and have the promotional .99%. Not only did my rate go for 1.49, they want 3.49% and are not accepting the original terms. So I'm going to call him back now that I spoke with my dads gf(she's an attorney so I ask for advise) and she said refuse it and demand money or receive it with the terms that was originally agreed upon. Which doesn't sound like will happen.
Noooooooooooo!!!! Your scaring the Sheeeeeeet out of me!!! I will back out as well and throw away $2500 if they treat me that way because the first thing I brought up was if approved for .99% financing will it be locked and they basically told me same thing...the old bait and switch!! I'm scheduled to pick up this Saturday and holding my breath!!!

It is fairly misleading. The approval is good for 30 days, and the loan doesn't originate till you sign and take delivery. So if you aren't getting you car until November there is no way to get the promo rate unless they extend it.
I'm telling you guys its a bait and switch... they lure you in with basically free financing knowing that it will take well over 30 days to get a car and then do soft credit hit and Bammmm... your still approved but at whatever higher rate they want to give you in hopes you will just take it cause of your over excitement about finally getting your dream car!!!! PLEASE someone tell me I'm wrong??

I'm telling you guys its a bait and switch... they lure you in with basically free financing knowing that it will take well over 30 days to get a car and then do soft credit hit and Bammmm... your still approved but at whatever higher rate they want to give you in hopes you will just take it cause of your over excitement about finally getting your dream car!!!! PLEASE someone tell me I'm wrong??

Why you can't just reapply since the rates are still at 0.99% now?

I just received word today, my car will be ready for pickup next Friday (9/22) WOOT!!! Worked out electrical to garage and will install NEMA 14-50 ahead of schedule; thanks in part to a friend who happens to be a certified electrician. Expect to install Tesla wall charger, which will then be plugged into NEMA outlet.

Not my experience. My 30 days expires this week, and my new car is ready for pickup, but my sale of my old car is not final yet, so I asked if I could take delivery next week, and the SC said sure, and they went head and reset the finance to expire at the end of Sept, still with the 0.99%. So not sure why yours increased, but no issue for me. I even reduced the % down payment on mine and no issue.

I just received word today, my car will be ready for pickup next Friday (9/22) WOOT!!! Worked out electrical to garage and will install NEMA 14-50 ahead of schedule; thanks in part to a friend who happens to be a certified electrician. Expect to install Tesla wall charger, which will then be plugged into NEMA outlet.

I think a Tesla Wall Connector is designed to be wired directly, not plugged in. It is also designed for a 60A or 90A breaker circuit so if you're just going to plug it into a NEMA 14-50 circuit, you will be limited to just 40A charging. Why buy a Wall Connector to charge at the same rate as your UMC?

So today is my expected pickup. As for the comments about reapplying and trying for the .99% I did that yesterday at 5pm PST as that's what the sales manager advised. At this point I've not received an email with approval nor a call. Pick up is in 5 hours with nothing ready :). Hahhahahahahahha. I pray no one has this terrible of a car buying experience.

I think you should contact your assigned regional credit analyst directly. If you don't know who your credit analyst is then call the general number at (877)778-3752 or email [email protected]

I just called alliant but I'm definitely going to. Call them also.
I was just contact by my DS and she said great news your rate is 3.99. I said how the does it keep going higher every day waiting for you guys. She also informed me the manager I was speaking with is gone today so I can't even speak with him. I had no idea buying a Tesla would have such complications. I really thought I'd have excellent customer service for a luxury vehicle.

Alliant states that they can't offer me directly in the state of CA at .99 but will at 2.49% without checking credit score or running application. It has to go through tesla for me to get that rate. Im calling the tesla number to speak with the regional credit analyst :). Thank you for the advice.
Man!!!! I feel for you. I have been reading your posts and how you have been running pillar to post....Kudos to you for hanging in there. I would have bought another car with this kind of experience. Hopefully when you get the car this will be a bad dream!

Well boys I may not own a tesla after all. I just got off the phone with the manager and none of my problems were resolved, but increased. With no paperwork sent to me and nothing prepared for my delivery I asked to have it sent and have the promotional .99%. Not only did my rate go for 1.49, they want 3.49% and are not accepting the original terms. So I'm going to call him back now that I spoke with my dads gf(she's an attorney so I ask for advise) and she said refuse it and demand money or receive it with the terms that was originally agreed upon. Which doesn't sound like will happen.
This is really sad for anyone who face this, All good wishes for you to get this straight. Saying one thing to lure and doing different thing will make this company feel sorry later on. I don't know what will happen for model 3 if this is happening to model S buyer itself.