Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some detail photos of the Grey leather and matte Obeche, just so you can really see what you'll be getting. As I said, I LOVE it, I think it looks fantastic...

Photos of the Grey interior with matte Obeche

Thanks Austin - You helped me make a decision on the Obeche Gloss vs Matte. I have the exact same specs and couldn't decide along with the 21". I'll spend a little extra money and get the 19" for winter driving. ENJOY!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mike...There's a link to my photos of the Grey leather and matte Obeche in my post right above this one^^^

I'd love to see more pictures of the grey interior as well. Congratulations!

001_small.jpg

003_small.jpg

Delivered yesterday to San Jose. :)

Because it's a Google Docs form, I can't alter existing columns. It's basically something you set up once and that's it. You can add/delete fields from the form, but they will not go away from the spreadsheet. So, we're stuck with what I've got.

Add another column in the spreadsheet:

=if(iserror(find(",",G2,1))=FALSE,mid(G2,find(",",G2,1)+1,100),G2)

Pull it down to the bottom and keep pulling it down daily, as entries are added.

P5608 VIN2592 was delivered on 12/31 in Seattle.

Grey performance, pano roof, 21" silver wheels, black leather, piano black interior, 27 miles on odometer & 176 miles of charge at delivery. No tech or sound packages. Due bill - parcel shelf & detail. The car arrived via direct ship in an ok but not pristine condition (minor dust / debris on the exterior and interior). The detail was added to the due bill by Tesla without my asking or even hinting that I would appreciate having it in exceptional condition!

The car is amazing, everything I hoped it would be and then some :) Thank you Tesla!!!

The detail was added to the due bill by Tesla without my asking or even hinting that I would appreciate having it in exceptional condition!

It's great that Tesla is owning up to delivering cars in un-detailed condition and offering a detail at a later date. However, I feel as if somebody somewhere does not properly appreciate the value of a good first impression.

P9455 / VIN 2684 is Delivered. There were 3 others on the truck, White/Black Cloth, White/Tan, Blue/Black. More photo's later, but all the cars on the truck had scratches in the paint. All except ours had the license plate frame and zero emissions insert on the back. One had the car cover which had apparently been installed over a dirty car, the other 3 were uncovered. The driver said they had been delivered via open carrier to Portland, traveling through a Siskiyou snow storm along the way and were generally a total mess. They'd had a quicky "detail" in Portland, but they'll be needing a more serious detail. We had writing on the windows and on the sunroof, tape stuck to the exterior in two place, dirty carpet, dirty/smudgy paint. Not exactly an $86k experience. We also stopped by our service center where 6 more were getting unloaded and they were all a mess as well.

Interestingly, there was a copy of an e-mail in the folder with our keys, internal to the transport company with a note that said "Please inspected the sh*t out of these cars. Want to make sure we don't miss anything"

LOVE the car but they have some work to do on the delivery process which I'm sure will get better with time and when it's not the holidays.

but all the cars on the truck had scratches in the paint

Can you elaborate? What kind of scratches are we talking about here? If it went through a snow storm it could just be stuff from the snow that washes off maybe?? Or a manufacturing defect? Or from mishandling during transportation or rock chips due to transportation? Do you think they would be removed in a detail?

Seriously. Things like this make me think "hmm, maybe I don't want my car just yet" . . . okay, not really, but it makes me wonder if I should be thinking that. ;-)

Maybe it should make more people consider factory pickup and a long drive home instead. I don;t think you can ever find anyone as concerned about your stuff as you are, no matter how professional. But it sure would be a long drive if you lived on Key West or in northern Maine... or even eastern Canada somewhere. Particularly if you were a pilot that lives close to Goose Bay so you could hop across the pond. But at least then you could only blame yourself for any damage.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Here are some pic's from our mini delivery event at Paramount Motors:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91858606@N06/

The scratches should all be easily polished with a good detail. We did have one small spot where there looks to be a spec of dirt in the paint, but probably not worth repainting to fix it. There was also some condensation in the taillights that I didn't mention previously. The service center told us there was an issue with the seal and they were working on a redesign. There was nothing really catastrophic that would have been taken care of in a normal delivery process where a dealer gets to prep the car first. It was just a bit disappointing to be spending this kind of money on a car that get's delivered in this condition.

I've included a copy of the e-mail from UPS with the names blacked out to protect the guilty :)

Alas the car belongs to my mom, so after a few hours of fun she's taken it home, 40 miles away. I'll be waiting for her next vacation to go steal it. :)

Is there just factory pickup, or can you pickup at a service center also?

I'd always planned on the factory pick-up, but I also expected a Spring/Summer delivery, which (maybe) would have meant a few superchargers between Palo Alto and Dallas. As it stands, my car will be ready at the end of this month, and as much as I'd love a road trip, my wife will not be happy with trying to find RV parks and other random locations to charge, so I've had to opt for the home delivery (which, being in Tx, means rolling it off the back of a truck)