Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course my panel is on the opposite end of the house. All dry wall ceiling and walls.

My panel is on the opposite corner in the basement. Have to cross one area of finished basement (about 25 feet) then into an unfinished area for another 25 feet and into the garage for about 25 more feet. All of the bids have been about $1000 (or even more than that!)

Reactions: CBPfromTN
My panel is on the opposite corner in the basement. Have to cross one area of finished basement (about 25 feet) then into an unfinished area for another 25 feet and into the garage for about 25 more feet. All of the bids have been about $1000 (or even more than that!)
Our installation of the 220 outlet cost us $625. We have two panel boxes in the basement but we needed 4 spaces in a row and of course, all of the breakers in both boxes had some empty spaces but not 4 in a row. So, the electrician had to combine 4 separate breakers into 2 doubles to free up 4 breaker spaces in a row. Wiring had to go about 30 feet total, from panel box in basement (which is pretty close to the front of the house and garage,) about 15 feet to the upper garage wall and about 15 feet to in between of the closest bay and the middle bay, but pretty much a straight line. The 220 outlet is on the wall that I pull my car up to, so 30 feet was all I needed but it was a lot of work. I didn't think it would be as much as it was but it's done now. Yours sounds like a lot of wiring and that wire is not cheap. Oh, and my basement is unfinished. (Husband says it IS finished, LOL, it's a woodworking shop. a 3500 sq ft unfinished basement. Glad my panel boxes are on that side of the basement!)

That is great news for you as well!!! I just wonder, how does this happen? Maybe they make all blue cars at the same time? LOL. I keep thinking I'll hear something but my Model S 75D, Obsidian Black, White Premium Interior, Dark Ash Wood Decor & Enhanced Auto Pilot, which has been on order since Dec. 11, confirmed Dec. 14, 2017. I did check my order page today, and if I am not mistaken, there is something new beside my VIN and it's the "specs." I don't think the specs were there before, so maybe this is progress. Supposed to go into production on Feb. 19th. I'm hoping for Feb. 12th :D

Yeah people say they’re produced in batches but maybe by color as well?

Regardless, I’m so excited!!! Can’t count how many times I’ve refreshed the My Tesla page lol

Reactions: CBPfromTN and DMack

That's what I'm seeing too...but all over 1000 for me for now..looking to bring down the cost to $1000 by shopping around.

Mine would be costly to hire someone but I can do it myself, no problem. just gotta cut some holes in the garage walls, that attic area is open. I'll take time to get across the basement and not damage anything. will have to cut holes in wall by panel.

What bums me out is when we built the house I ran conduit but it's way to small to handle a Tesla wall connector. It did work fine for my current Volt level 2 charger.

Mine would be costly to hire someone but I can do it myself, no problem. just gotta cut some holes in the garage walls, that attic area is open. I'll take time to get across the basement and not damage anything. will have to cut holes in wall by panel.

What bums me out is when we built the house I ran conduit but it's way to small to handle a Tesla wall connector. It did work fine for my current Volt level 2 charger.

I thought about at least doing some of the labor myself first would save $, and then just have the electrician do the final hookup and inspection (where I live, ANY electric work needs a permit and inspection!). Honestly, electrical work isn't complicated or hard, but the wire itself (or rather the bundle of 2 6g live wires, neutral wire, and ground wire) is about $3/foot.

I'm debating doing this prior to receiving the car at all--my colleague at work gave me his referral, and he already has a HPWC in his place, so he doesn't need the free HPWC that he'll get from me buying the car...he said I can have it, but that won't be until April or later. Luckily, I can charge at all of the places I work at, so maybe that can tide me over....decisions, decisions...

Yep, Time for the complete timeline refresh.

Ordered 20 Dec
Confirmed 24 Dec
VIN received 24 Jan
In Production 08 Feb
Delivery Appoint 24 Feb in Orlando

Model S 75D, Blue Metallic, Cream Interior, EAP, PUP.

Oh and forgot to mention I also picked up a referral some where along the line, likely from my OS.

I felt left out, but have now joined the VIN club. Sure feels slow, but we’re getting there.

Ordered 12/29/17
Confirmed 1/1/18
VIN received 2/8/18

She’s a blue 75D with sunroof and EAP headed for Danville, CA (quite close to Fremont factory)

I felt left out, but have now joined the VIN club. Sure feels slow, but we’re getting there.

Ordered 12/29/17
Confirmed 1/1/18
VIN received 2/8/18

She’s a blue 75D with sunroof and EAP headed for Danville, CA (quite close to Fremont factory)

You can't be very far behind, hopefully you will get that "in Production" badge soon. I am hoping that you see it sooner rather than later because I am in line just behind you.

Ordered 01/15/18
Confirmed 01/18/18
VIN received 01/29/18

Also a blue 75D, white interior, EAP, (no sunroof).
Located in South Carolina.

Reactions: DIL

Ordered 12/29/17
Confirmed 1/1/18
VIN received 2/8/18

Awesome news! I ordered one day right after you from Burlingame. Keeping fingers crossed I get an update soon.

Reactions: DIL