Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sigh this is so annoying.

now i know exactly how obie felt during this entire process.

It URKS me on that people are getting their cars before me after order date.
Seriously im in the same state as the cars being made.

I understand they want to save money on freight fee's hence why they are rolling out cars later, but i honestly think its a bit ridiculous when my car starts production on delivery date for some of these guys.

What urks me again x 2 is that once i get my car i wont have it for long because its off going to the detailers to get a full Xpel and chrome delete job done.

That's another 4-5 days i am not going to have my car.

Then its going to get the blackvue dr750 camera's installed, so another day without the car.

So whatever my delivery date is i wont be able to enjoy my car for at least a week after.

Excuse me while i go off somewhere to kick a random can to the curb.

Sigh again...

I actually have the vin. But it was a weird situation as I was going to order and wait until June for delivery. Sales called and had a car with the specs I wanted except it had the $4500 rims. I asked to have rims switched out. They said they could and then told me car was scheduled for production this week (call occurred last Saturday).

That was terribly good timing, I'd have gone out and picked up some lottery tickets as long as I was on a hot streak. Somebody had their eyes open and their heads-up and they gave you a jump start in the process.

sigh this is so annoying.

now i know exactly how obie felt during this entire process.

It URKS me on that people are getting their cars before me after order date.
Seriously im in the same state as the cars being made.

I understand they want to save money on freight fee's hence why they are rolling out cars later, but i honestly think its a bit ridiculous when my car starts production on delivery date for some of these guys.

What urks me again x 2 is that once i get my car i wont have it for long because its off going to the detailers to get a full Xpel and chrome delete job done.

That's another 4-5 days i am not going to have my car.

Then its going to get the blackvue dr750 camera's installed, so another day without the car.

So whatever my delivery date is i wont be able to enjoy my car for at least a week after.

Excuse me while i go off somewhere to kick a random can to the curb.

Sigh again...
If it helps I ordered in December and still have no confirmation that I’m even yet in production much less a delivery date. DS doesn’t seem to exist since messages are ignored. Sales guy has been good but my patience is wearing thin and it does kind of sour the experience for a $100+ auto. (I probably shouldn’t watch this post so much.). Just curious, is there anyone else from December in this situation?

If it helps I ordered in December and still have no confirmation that I’m even yet in production much less a delivery date. DS doesn’t seem to exist since messages are ignored. Sales guy has been good but my patience is wearing thin and it does kind of sour the experience for a $100+ auto. (I probably shouldn’t watch this post so much.). Just curious, is there anyone else from December in this situation?

I would skip the DS route and go straight to corporate.
A DS has one primary function - to coordinate your delivery by being transparent and communicative - if they can't even do that, then they've failed at doing what they were hired to do.

The good news (sorta) is I just heard from my DS who called. The bad news is that they are now estimating a delivery on the very last day of March! For the benefit of any that may be from the NW Rocky Mtn Region, apparently there are 24 Tesla’s scheduled for delivery via truck to Montana and Idaho — all to be delivered by the end of this month. The where-you-live theory of Tesla delivery seems to hold true in this case. Waiting more than 3-months truly sucks but I remain optimistic that the painful wait will be soon forgotten and the joy of ownership will move to the forefront.

Reactions: GaryW
Just curious, is there anyone else from December in this situation?
<raises hand> I ordered right after you, on 12/29, confirmed on 1/1. My DS has been polite, but extremely passive. I was very chill and zen about it for a while, but I had timed everything for the nominal 6 week wait that I had observed here on TMC. So now my lease has expired - I'm paying for a rental car - and still have no delivery date. Last time we spoke she said "you may go into production around the 12th or 17th"
I specifically ordered when I did to avoid an EoQ delivery. This weekend was the first time that cancelling the order crossed my mind. As I write this, I think what I'll do is express my displeasure to DS-OA-corporate (in that order) and see what happens. I just want the car!

<raises hand> I ordered right after you, on 12/29, confirmed on 1/1. My DS has been polite, but extremely passive. I was very chill and zen about it for a while, but I had timed everything for the nominal 6 week wait that I had observed here on TMC. So now my lease has expired - I'm paying for a rental car - and still have no delivery date. Last time we spoke she said "you may go into production around the 12th or 17th"
I specifically ordered when I did to avoid an EoQ delivery. This weekend was the first time that cancelling the order crossed my mind. As I write this, I think what I'll do is express my displeasure to DS-OA-corporate (in that order) and see what happens. I just want the car!
Thanks for the update. Like you I was chill through Jan & Feb but, now that it is March, the last-day of March delivery (maybe) was a disappointing surprise. Again, thanks for letting me know I’m not alone winning the FILO booby prize (First-In-Last-Out).

• Funny
Reactions: DIL
I completely sympathize with the both of you guys.

Infact i have a feeling my car wont be delivered until end of march as well, seeing how the other guy who is located in bel air, which will most likely be picking up his car at the same station i will, has a end of march delivery.

All i know is if im going to have to wait this long my car better be immaculate.
That means no paint blemishes, no ripped upholstery.
The car better be so clean, and shine so bright it will put mr clean's bald head to shame.

If its not, im seriously going be upset, because not only did we get shafted to the end for production, our cars was most likely rushed to meet deadlines and completely ignored the QoA inspection.

I don't think i can take receipt of a $154k car if i was told they need to replace something in it or it was damaged.
They would need to replace it imediately like a new one better go into production the day after, or i would cancel the purchase of the car on lui of the fact that the car was not delivered undamaged and new.

Because if they need to fix something its not called new, its called REFURBISHED.
Im sure that applies even to Cars.

Reactions: DIL
Can't really say that I blame you! That was pretty nice of them to keep you posted like they did. I cannot imagine waiting for another vehicle after waiting for this one! You obviously made the right choice! Glad it worked out for you, that is amazing. They were right when they said you'd never know it. Now, let's just get that Tesla to you in perfect shape!
Sorry for the delayed update, was extremely busy. Pick her up on sunday and wow! Now I understand your excitement, everyone waiting for their delivery, trust me its worth it, as nothing can prepare you for the greatness that awaits! The scratch was unnoticeable, thankfully tesla was still extremely transparent and disclosed it. Everything went extremely smooth, thanks to all for this amazing journey! Will continue using the forums, see you around!

Reactions: GaryW and CBPfromTN
I completely sympathize with the both of you guys...

If its not, im seriously going be upset, because not only did we get shafted to the end for production, our cars was most likely rushed to meet deadlines and completely ignored the QoA inspection.
Glad to know I’m not alone. This is exactly why I’m a bit upset. Even though I ordered LAST QUARTER I’m somehow part of the end-of-quarter push which isn’t exactly a good plan for quality final product. I’m working hard on getting back to mellow but seeing others get delivery in less than five or six weeks and I’m at 10-weeks and counting is frustrating. (Sorry to all for the vent.)

Sorry for the delayed update, was extremely busy. Pick her up on sunday and wow! Now I understand your excitement, everyone waiting for their delivery, trust me its worth it, as nothing can prepare you for the greatness that awaits! The scratch was unnoticeable, thankfully tesla was still extremely transparent and disclosed it. Everything went extremely smooth, thanks to all for this amazing journey! Will continue using the forums, see you around!
That is such great news! I am SO glad you have your new Tesla! There is nothing quite like it, you will love it more every time you drive it! Congratulations on the perfect ending! Happy trails! CBP