Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im telling you.... us cali guys are getting shafted near the end.
And im at the worst end of the boat with a P100D being the last on production.

Sigh....

Our state seriously sucks....
We have a housing shortage not because of the lack of housing, but the fact no one can really afford housing.
Our laws are written really poorly to the point where its confusing as hell.
CA DMV - Your 2018 Model 3 can get EV State Credit OR Carpool Sticker, but not both?
^ WTF legislators... can u make it even more confusing?

We have a stupid thing called use tax which requires us to declare stuff we bought out of state and pay tax on that.
We have one of the highest sales tax in the nation... Santa Monica being tax'd at 10.25% and South Gate being at 10.75%

Why do we live here? Oh yeah.,.. because we only have 2.5 seasons... sunny and even more sunny... with very little humidity in between.

Sigh....

We have a housing shortage not because of the lack of housing, but the fact no one can really afford housing.
CA DMV - Your 2018 Model 3 can get EV State Credit OR Carpool Sticker, but not both?

We have a stupid thing called use tax which requires us to declare stuff we bought out of state and pay tax on that.
We have one of the highest sales tax in the nation... Santa Monica being tax'd at 10.25% and South Gate being at 10.75%

Why do we live here? Oh yeah.,.. because we only have 2.5 seasons... sunny and even more sunny... with very little humidity in between.

Every state has a Use Tax except those without a state sales tax. However, what can be interesting is CA will import electric power from AZ and perhaps pay wholesale rates and small taxes to AZ but will charge you CA state sales tax on the electric power delivered to your home. CA flourishes simply because of the resources that can be brought in to communities. Without oil and electricity power and water transport, living in what is an arid desert would not really out well for large populations. The Native Americans avoided the area and lived inland where farming was possible due to seasonal weather. Can you imagine living in say Palm Springs without pumped water or electricity for AC?

Reactions: DMack

Sigh....

I suspect many Tesla buyers are actually excluded from the CA EV State Tax Credit given the income restrictions. I'll take the sticker over nothing at all.

Reactions: Sandollars
Finally reached at this step.

production.jpg

Sigh.... seriously I am at the tail end of the ship....
When everyone's is already made, mine finally goes into production.

Can you imagine living in say Palm Springs without pumped water or electricity for AC?

We steal water from north cali.... this actually pisses them off and we had water wars way back...
As for electricity.... one of the big benifits of living in a state with only 2 seasons, is we have one of the highest efficiency for solar power. The problem tho is the average Californian is about a thousand times more wasteful then a New Yorkan...

I suspect many Tesla buyers are actually excluded from the CA EV State Tax Credit given the income restrictions. I'll take the sticker over nothing at all.

The wording on it is halarious..
As someone in that thread stated, the second statement invalidates the first.

And its also basically telling people u either get a one time 2500 deduction, or you get a sticker.
But you cant get the 2500 deduction anyhow, but if you, you cant get the sticker...
:T

Personally i think i'll take the sticker as i do a lot more HOV driving, and Cali has like one of the worst traffic, so driving on the HOV can actually save me almost 300 per year should i take the express lane all the time.

Last edited:
Got a call from my DA and she said my delivery date will probably be pushed back by another week due to my car still sitting at the hub. She said it’d take ~ 5 days after it’s loaded to arrive in Texas.

Maaaaaannnn I’m so sad. Was super excited to get it this Thursday but I guess it’s a no go. :(

I pretended to be a Model 3 Stalker today and went to Tyson's looking at all the cars. They literally look like they got a train load of cars S/X's everywhere, few 3's. There were two car haulers full of X's only unloading. Someone had just unloaded a load of Grey S's all the same. I got the only parking space on the lot. They have double parked cars down the side of the building on both sides.

I spoke to my original salesman. He told me there was no way in the world he would know if my car was on site. He said there are 3 other warehouses absolutely packed with cars. Just wait for the DA to contact me, or check the web site.

I left there went around a saw one of the warehouses with the door open it was literally packed, no drive lane. there was an S right at the door. There probably going to use the summon command to bring the first row out.

I might be waiting full term to the 23rd just to get to my car. that was a ton of cars to prep and present.

I pretended to be a Model 3 Stalker today and went to Tyson's looking at all the cars. They literally look like they got a train load of cars S/X's everywhere, few 3's. There were two car haulers full of X's only unloading. Someone had just unloaded a load of Grey S's all the same. I got the only parking space on the lot. They have double parked cars down the side of the building on both sides.

I spoke to my original salesman. He told me there was no way in the world he would know if my car was on site. He said there are 3 other warehouses absolutely packed with cars. Just wait for the DA to contact me, or check the web site.

I left there went around a saw one of the warehouses with the door open it was literally packed, no drive lane. there was an S right at the door. There probably going to use the summon command to bring the first row out.

I might be waiting full term to the 23rd just to get to my car. that was a ton of cars to prep and present.
When did you buy you Model S? Bought mine about a month ago, they are saying May - June just don’t know what the track record is, early, late or to the penny?

When did you buy you Model S? Bought mine about a month ago, they are saying May - June just don’t know what the track record is, early, late or to the penny?

Bought 1/31/18. Scheduled to be delivered on March 23rd. I knew it was in Richmond at the latest, Monday. Tyson's was good on every date they promised. Almost to the day every time. If you read back through the posts several got there cars early. I was told there was a chance that I could get mine 4 days early. which the amount of cars there sitting on. I'm not to optimistic now. The shots out West looks the same in all the parking lots. I think Tesla has sold a ton of three's once people saw the 3 up close, and time running out on the fed rebate.

Welcome to the forum.

Finally reached at this step.
Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos.

What's after this?
You are getting close! You must be thrilled. Mine arrived yesterday. Delivery appt tomorrow. I am beyond thrilled.

I got the "in transit" message on Saturday. On Monday I got a message from DA to set up appointment. He sent me the final purchase agreement, wire instructions (I have to pay beforehand because my state doesn't allow Tesla to have a sales license), and a list of things to bring to the delivery appointment. Including proof of insurance on the Telsa, which I didn't yet have. So I added it to my policy and printed out the proof. Then I set up a wire transfer. I am glad I didn't wait until the last day because my bank limits me to $50,000/day. So it took two days to wire enough money.

Later that day I got documents for electronic signature. I signed those and returned them to Tesla.

I'm considering xpel ultimate. Called a couple places. Still not sure if I'll do it or not.

It was frustrating to wait so long, but suddenly everything is happening at once. Insurance, setting up wire transfers, signing documents, rearranging my schedule for the appointment, xpel. A lot to do in 2 days when there is a job and young kids in the picture too.

When I booked my vehicle two months ago Tesla gave me an estimated delivery date of March 14. Assuming all goes well tomorrow, they hit the nail on the head.

Your Tesla's trip is quite a bit longer than mine. Mine took 2 days. I'm guessing yours will take a week or more. So stretch the timeline out a bit.

You are getting close! You must be thrilled. Mine arrived yesterday. Delivery appt tomorrow. I am beyond thrilled.

I got the "in transit" message on Saturday. On Monday I got a message from DA to set up appointment. He sent me the final purchase agreement, wire instructions (I have to pay beforehand because my state doesn't allow Tesla to have a sales license), and a list of things to bring to the delivery appointment. Including proof of insurance on the Telsa, which I didn't yet have. So I added it to my policy and printed out the proof. Then I set up a wire transfer. I am glad I didn't wait until the last day because my bank limits me to $50,000/day. So it took two days to wire enough money.

Later that day I got documents for electronic signature. I signed those and returned them to Tesla.

I'm considering xpel ultimate. Called a couple places. Still not sure if I'll do it or not.

It was frustrating to wait so long, but suddenly everything is happening at once. Insurance, setting up wire transfers, signing documents, rearranging my schedule for the appointment, xpel. A lot to do in 2 days when there is a job and young kids in the picture too.

When I booked my vehicle two months ago Tesla gave me an estimated delivery date of March 14. Assuming all goes well tomorrow, they hit the nail on the head.

Your Tesla's trip is quite a bit longer than mine. Mine took 2 days. I'm guessing yours will take a week or more. So stretch the timeline out a bit.
Dude, my family arrived in salt lake City this morning, We just did some skiing in park City, will stay here until Sunday. Did we run into each other somewhere? Lol.
One of the guys here from Texas said his DA told him March 21 is his delivery date, so I am counting that date.

production.jpg

Sigh.... seriously I am at the tail end of the ship....
When everyone's is already made, mine finally goes into production.

We steal water from north cali.... this actually pisses them off and we had water wars way back...
As for electricity.... one of the big benifits of living in a state with only 2 seasons, is we have one of the highest efficiency for solar power. The problem tho is the average Californian is about a thousand times more wasteful then a New Yorkan...

The wording on it is halarious..
As someone in that thread stated, the second statement invalidates the first.

And its also basically telling people u either get a one time 2500 deduction, or you get a sticker.
But you cant get the 2500 deduction anyhow, but if you, you cant get the sticker...
:T

Personally i think i'll take the sticker as i do a lot more HOV driving, and Cali has like one of the worst traffic, so driving on the HOV can actually save me almost 300 per year should i take the express lane all the time.

The stickers are the best of the incentives, in my opinion. I have had them on my Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive since 2014 - have made a huge difference in my commute. I love that car, but am moving outside it’s round trip range so now I am about to get a REAL Tesla in a few days to handle my near 100 mile new commute. It will be interesting to compare the features and functions of the B-Class and the Model S since the B-Class has a Tesla drivetrain and battery. I see plenty of Mercedes components on the S, as well. It was an interesting partnership.