Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 75D went into production Tuesday March 6 (at least that's the first day the website showed production status... as we all know, it's unclear whether the website status is up to date or lags).

I checked the website Saturday and the status had updated sometime in the morning to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos."

Then I noticed an form email from DS on Friday night letting me know "Your vehicle has completed production."

I'm guessing transit from Fremont to Utah shouldn't take more than a few days. It could already be here!

No delivery appt yet.

The email from DS said "Please reply to this email to request best days/times to pick up your new Tesla and if you would like to opt in for an “express delivery”.

Has anyone done "express delivery" vs a "normal" delivery?

My understanding is that express delivery just means they don't spend a half hour showing you how to operate the vehicle.

I've watched the videos (although why do some have sound and most don't?) and I've read the manual. Any reason why I shouldn't request "express delivery?"

Transportation appears to take quite a long time. It seems most cars are sent via Rail. Which takes weeks. In my case it has been in transit since the 3rd this month. Others here are in the same boat as well. My appointment is set for March 20th, and it sounded like they would just be receiving the car a few days prior.

I doubt your car is already there unless the DS gave you specific dates to pick to take delivery in the next few days.

I would expect transport to you would take about a week to a week and a half unless they sent it by truck. 4th week delivery would be what you should expect.

So I have a pick up scheduled for Thursday! So excited. Now if only BMW's lease department could work a little faster. Turning it in a little early and there are so many hoops to jump through. Most likely will delay my Tesla pickup until Saturday because of it. Oh well I wish Tesla had given me more time to schedule this. Oh well it will all work out, but probably not on my timeline.

If i may ask when did you place your order?> I thought I saw a few posts back that on March 3rd you ordered your Tesla. If that is the case I envy you as that has to be the fastest turn around I have seen.

If not, when did you order?

mine went to production on March 6 too, it looks like all of yours are done with production, my status is still not changed. damn it.
I guess mine didn't pass some QA, it is being rebuilt again.

I doubt it, the DA probably hasn't updated it. Tesla has hit every date they scheduled with me. I call and check up with the DA also. the computer defiantly lags.

i realized p100d does not mean performance 100kwh dual motor...

It means Pwn me with a 100 day delay.

Car still lists as in scheduled to be in production.
According to my DS because its a p100d its gonna be near the last of the production line.. i guess it has to do with the different motor going in.

The only good news is that i will most likely get every and all 2018 / 2019 refresh planned.
Also i'll be leaving the pickup center faster then most of you as we dont need to break these girls in since there are no pistons, so its ludicrous mode from day one.

Reactions: Olds442 and DMack
My 75D went into production Tuesday March 6 (at least that's the first day the website showed production status... as we all know, it's unclear whether the website status is up to date or lags).

I checked the website Saturday and the status had updated sometime in the morning to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos."

Then I noticed an form email from DS on Friday night letting me know "Your vehicle has completed production."

I'm guessing transit from Fremont to Utah shouldn't take more than a few days. It could already be here!

No delivery appt yet.

The email from DS said "Please reply to this email to request best days/times to pick up your new Tesla and if you would like to opt in for an “express delivery”.

Has anyone done "express delivery" vs a "normal" delivery?

My understanding is that express delivery just means they don't spend a half hour showing you how to operate the vehicle.

I've watched the videos (although why do some have sound and most don't?) and I've read the manual. Any reason why I shouldn't request "express delivery?"

UPDATE: Got a call and email from the DS this morning. My Tesla will arrive at the service center this afternoon. That's a 2-day ship from Fremont to SLC. They need 1-2 days to inspect and detail. DELIVERY APPT SET FOR WED!!!

Following up on my earlier post, DS did not mention "express delivery" vs standard delivery. I'm not sure it's really a thing.

Reactions: DIL
If i may ask when did you place your order?> I thought I saw a few posts back that on March 3rd you ordered your Tesla. If that is the case I envy you as that has to be the fastest turn around I have seen.

If not, when did you order?

They had a car with the options I wanted (less the $4.5k wheels) per my dealership. I put the money down and it was built the following week. Not sure how they did it or why, but i may get the car on Thursday as long as BMW holds up their end with end of lease stuff.

UPDATE: Got a call and email from the DS this morning. My Tesla will arrive at the service center this afternoon. That's a 2-day ship from Fremont to SLC. They need 1-2 days to inspect and detail. DELIVERY APPT SET FOR WED!!!

Following up on my earlier post, DS did not mention "express delivery" vs standard delivery. I'm not sure it's really a thing.

While I am sure all of us are very happy for you.....it really does annoy those of us who have had orders since January or before, who went into production before you and also have shipped over a week before you.

I guess unless I worked for Tesla I will never understand their Ordering, Production, and especially Transit process.

They had a car with the options I wanted (less the $4.5k wheels) per my dealership. I put the money down and it was built the following week. Not sure how they did it or why, but i may get the car on Thursday as long as BMW holds up their end with end of lease stuff.

It makes sense. It was already scheduled for production when you put your deposit down. Quite possibly it was someone else's car and they backed out.... or it was scheduled for a showroom model. They just simply added your name to the ticket.

While I am sure all of us are very happy for you.....it really does annoy those of us who have had orders since January or before, who went into production before you and also have shipped over a week before you.

I guess unless I worked for Tesla I will never understand their Ordering, Production, and especially Transit process.
I feel your pain ILzappy. I watched several people "behind" me in line get their vehicle before me. It was frustrating. I ordered Jan 16. There are people on the other side of the country that ordered 2 weeks after me and have already had theirs for a week.

After pressing F5 1 billion times over the course of 2 months trying to will a status change, I have seen my status change twice in one day. Now it says "Your Tesla is undergoing preparation for delivery."
A couple months back I saw someone post a list of things to check for at delivery. Things like misaligned panels, cracked lights, etc. I searched but didn't find it. Does anyone have such a list or have the link?

Got my VIN on 2/13, so you'r probably about a week out from going into production (maybe the end of this week)

Dang man, everyone on the west coast seems to be getting screwed. My delivery just got bumped from 3/29 to this Saturday in Nashville.

I'm pretty confident you guys will still take delivery in late March. Once it hits production on your Tesla page things start moving very quickly.

It makes sense. It was already scheduled for production when you put your deposit down. Quite possibly it was someone else's car and they backed out.... or it was scheduled for a showroom model. They just simply added your name to the ticket.
This is how I got mine so quickly. I had an order placed feb 26 for June delivery but my OA was looking for anything pre production or in production that was close to my config. He found one a week later and I got my name on it and moved my order to it, so now it arrives at my Tesla store on the 19th. I think cancellations come up and when they do the OAs can see them as available in their system. These don’t show up on the public Tesla site.

That's really interesting about quick deliverys. Back in early Jan. my soon to be OA called me to see
if I was interested in an inventory S100D. At that point, I hadn't even indicated that I would put up a
deposit. The car had 15 miles on it. Passed on it because of interior.Put up a deposit a week later (1/7) and went into production 3/7.
Still in production. Taking delivery in Bellevue.

Got my VIN on 2/13, so you'r probably about a week out from going into production (maybe the end of this week)

My DA said my car will be in production this week and ready for delivery at the Rocklin SC between 3/21 and 3/23. My account status is still scheduled for production. I thought I might be delayed since I am at 5/6 because I rejected the trade-in offer and I can’t delete or change the account entry for trade-in, but my DA and OA took care of it manually - no obstacles remain except for getting the car built and delivered.

Reactions: DMack