Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 1/30
In transit 2/20
P100D model s

Delivery appointment scheduled for tomorrow.

I am likely refusing delivery because of just missing the MCU upgrade. The only thing I didn’t like in the Tesla was the sluggishness of the touchscreen, so this is the only foreseeable upgrade that would make me refuse delivery.

So, back in line with the rest of you I go! But there should be s brand new deep blue p100d coming up on the inventory database soon.
What was your VIN that you think you did not make the cut?

Just an update:

It appears my 2/20 completed P100D has the old MCU, so I won't be taking delivery tomorrow. However, they offered to roll my $2,500 to my new order (so I have $5,000 down on it). Great customer service.

I've waited years, what's a few more months? The one disappointment is I was planning a road trip for early May that I planned just because I'd have the Tesla. Maybe I'll rent one instead.

That’s really good news, thanks for the update!

Picking up my car today. Between getting the new MCU and these latest autopilot improvements I’m beyond excited. Here are some pics my OA sent me last night.

Attachments

• 7C1D39F6-E823-4548-BFE1-4733D34C05AE.jpeg
    7C1D39F6-E823-4548-BFE1-4733D34C05AE.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 93289586-0BCE-406A-B846-827303C2E3D9.jpeg
    93289586-0BCE-406A-B846-827303C2E3D9.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 72
  • D82D872C-D074-4DAB-B2BA-22171322E04C.jpeg
    D82D872C-D074-4DAB-B2BA-22171322E04C.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 891EA656-66A3-4F06-8756-5B08AC7B8FAA.jpeg
    891EA656-66A3-4F06-8756-5B08AC7B8FAA.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: DMack
Congrats...highly likely you've got the new MCU! check out DaEriks video.

The one he looked at had that version number. 8:30 of the video.

I got my car back yesterday.
I went to the URL that he mentions in the video:
whatsmyua.info
It shows my architecture is "amd64" which means I have the new processor. Very cool!

Attachments

• 20180317_091304.jpg
    20180317_091304.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Sandollars
Based on the production date. It appears anything starting production before 2/28 does not have the new MCU. And even that is a grey area.

Basically if your production started before then we can guarantee you will not have it.
In the video posted earlier in this thread, he reviews a Tesla built in the last week of February that has the upgraded MCU. I don't think he every says the exact date, but I got the impression that it was before 2/28.

In the video posted earlier in this thread, he reviews a Tesla built in the last week of February that has the upgraded MCU. I don't think he every says the exact date, but I got the impression that it was before 2/28.

It’s all over the place. It seems those who have a 2/22 build start don’t have it, I think someone on here with a 2/28 start date said they don’t have it either. So basically it’s totally random prior to March builds. After that point you for sure have it.

I got my car back after doing the Xpel Unlimited wrap. Pictures attached...

For anyone wondering how a wrap looks, see the last pic (ends in 927) which shows the wrapped rear right passenger door next to the unwrapped back right fender area for a side-by-side comparison. There is a slight difference in how much it shines. I wouldn't say it's a huge difference though. Then remind yourself that the wrap is not about the looks. It's about protecting your paint from dings and scrapes and paint chips and gunk, as well as making it easier to wash.

The wrap covers the hood, front quarters, all 4 doors, and the first 18 inches or so of the A columns. It does not cover the front bumper. After Tesla replaces the front bumper (scratches at delivery) I will have it wrapped too.

The shop is Pro Tint in SLC. The guy that did it is Aaron. He was fantastic to work with. When I first called him he explained all about my options and answered all my questions. And I ask a lot of questions. I could tell he knows what he's talking about. When I picked it up he walked me through how to care for it, wash the car, etc. He explained how small bubbles can form as it cures and how they fix them. He said at least 3 times "If there are any problems or you're not happy with anything, call me and I'll take care of it." I feel well taken care of. I felt the price was more than fair based on the numbers I've seen in other threads. I would hands down recommend Pro Tint.

The other place in SLC that does the Xpel Unlimited is Luxe Auto Spa. I heard good things about them too. Probably couldn't go wrong with either place. Luxe was more expensive, particularly on the full body wrap, and had a longer wait time.

Attachments

• 20180316_132732.jpg
    20180316_132732.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180316_132751.jpg
    20180316_132751.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180316_132855.jpg
    20180316_132855.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180316_132927.jpg
    20180316_132927.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 58
After I got my car back from the wrap place yesterday I drove it home and parked in the garage. I had promised to take my kids sledding so I couldn't drive or figure out the software. Didn't get home until late.

Yes my brand new S spend its first 16 hours alone, untouched, in a dark garage. I'm a great dad to my kids but not to my Tesla! o_O

This morning I finally had a chance to play with the software and settings, plug in the charger for the first time, replace the factory mats with the 3D Maxpider floor mats, and take it for quick drive. It was an awesome morning.

I took my 9 year old and 7 year old. Before I let them get in I explained that you don't get to be in a new car very many times in your life and how to care for it and treat it with respect. They (mostly) got the message.

My 7 year old daughter's first impression when she climbed in and looked at the glass roof: "It's like we're in a dance competition!" She must have been in dance studios with cool reflective surfaces. They both loved looking up at the dark clouds. 7yo loved the acceleration. 9yo did not. He wanted to get out before I hit the accelerator hard. He loved looking at the GPS map.

I get motion sick really easily. I have a Tesla acceleration hangover as I type this.

So fun!

My car was supposed to get delivered today in Fremont, DA calls me yesterday at 5pm that they are delayed again! At some point they have to get a hold of their timing and schedules and not give less than 12 hours heads up that their schedules are changing. I am highly confident Boeing makes 787s faster than Tesla making a Model S.

• Funny
Reactions: el_tlatoani
My car was supposed to get delivered today in Fremont, DA calls me yesterday at 5pm that they are delayed again! At some point they have to get a hold of their timing and schedules and not give less than 12 hours heads up that their schedules are changing. I am highly confident Boeing makes 787s faster than Tesla making a Model S.
lol re Boeing.
Yes the late notice is frustrating after you've rearranged your schedule for the delivery and then they change it. Ugh. I hope you get it soon.