Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DA just confirmed i have the updated MCU!

OK i dont feel as bad anymore for the long delays...

:D
Any idea how they are confirming this?
Are they able to look it up somehow by specific VIN or are they actually verifying it through the browser using any one of a number of links that have been posted here?
Only confirmation I have is that I definitely have a March build.

Just picked up my car. Everything is great. There was an hour delay because the new hardware (MCU) is a little weird with current FW on the car (2018.10.1).... they said that it might sometimes go into deep sleep and that I will have to do a hard reset. “It’s gonna be a bit glitchy” is what the store manager said, LOL. Interestingly, they also said that they had to have a senior engineer at Tesla remotely access my car to check things out. I’ll let y’all know what happens!

Reactions: DMack
My car was supposed to get delivered today in Fremont, DA calls me yesterday at 5pm that they are delayed again! At some point they have to get a hold of their timing and schedules and not give less than 12 hours heads up that their schedules are changing. I am highly confident Boeing makes 787s faster than Tesla making a Model S.

I’m supposed to take delivery of mine tomorrow in SF.
I haven’t heard anything from my DS or OA regarding a delay, so I hope i don’t end up wasting a trip to the city.

If so, I’m gonna talk them into giving me a loaner until my car is done :)

It's interesting to look back at previous older posts about people on the west coast getting "screwed" with later build/delivery dates than
others in the midwest or east coast that confirmed later than we did. The non west coasters seem to be the ones getting "screwed" in
light of this recent MCU2 controversy. It seems as if the later build dates (last week of Feb. forward) are getting the MCU upgrade.

People are quoting their production dates as a metric for who gets the MCU update, and who doesn’t.
But are these dates really that accurate?

My car is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow, yet it still reads as “in production”.

I’ve also been more up to speed on the status of my vehicle than my DS is by periodically refreshing my account page, so I would take any date I get from a DS with a grain of salt.

How much stock can we put into these production dates?

I like how people who have ordered way after me already have their cars and also have the new mcu upgrade..... where as I am still waiting for mine and there is a 90% chance I don’t have the upgrade.

Really makes you feel awesome about spending so much on a car when you get doubly screwed.

I should have ordered mid feb instead of Jan. That way I would have my car already and I would get all the upgrades.

People are quoting their production dates as a metric for who gets the MCU update, and who doesn’t.
But are these dates really that accurate?

My car is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow, yet it still reads as “in production”.

I’ve also been more up to speed on the status of my vehicle than my DS is by periodically refreshing my account page, so I would take any date I get from a DS with a grain of salt.

How much stock can we put into these production dates?

It does appear the status is changed by the DS. And like most it appears you have a crappy DS.

My car has been “in transit” since the 3rd. And when I spoke with the DS yesterday I’m
Pretty sure my car has not arrived yet and I’m supposed to pick up Tuesday. Lord knows where the car is. It could be half way around the world right now for all we know.

Less than an hour after my last post, I get a call from another DS (mine is always out of the office).
I could tell he was a bit nervous, and knew he was about to deliver the bad news :)
Something about the vehicle undergoing the finaling/inspection process and then delivered and detailed by the folks at the SC.
I was supposed to pick it up tomorrow, but it's now wednesday (not too bad)

I actually felt bad for him, because I can only image the fits some folks have had when he had to deliver the news to them.

The good news is that he verified that I my vehicle is equipped with the upgraded MCU, so it ain't all bad :)

Any idea how they are confirming this?
Are they able to look it up somehow by specific VIN or are they actually verifying it through the browser using any one of a number of links that have been posted here?
Only confirmation I have is that I definitely have a March build.

she said she talked to the team directly.
I guess this is why most of the P100D's were delayed, so they could roll them out with the new hardware.

Also i just got note that my car has arrived from north cali, and now its getting prep'd for Thursday Delivery.
So i get my car in 5 days.

Im excited, i think im gonna be like a little kid counting the days down til xmas.

I didn't know you could do the roof. Can you do the roof?
My windshield will be replaced. It was delivered with a few deep scratches/scuffs. I didn't do the front bumper, windshield, or back bumper because they will all be replaced.

yes you can and if you read on the forum you'll see people say it saved from getting the roof chipped or cracked from following too close behind a truck.

I guess this is why most of the P100D's were delayed, so they could roll them out with the new hardware.

Also i just got note that my car has arrived from north cali, and now its getting prep'd for Thursday Delivery.

Im excited, i think im gonna be like a little kid counting the days down til xmas.

yes you can and if you read on the forum you'll see people say it saved from getting the roof chipped or cracked from following too close behind a truck.
That’s awesome!
Trying to remain patient.
My MS100D was completed/in transit to Portland OR on 3/15.
I am taking delivery on the 28th.
I could have probably gotten it a week or more earlier, but my schedule didn’t permit any date sooner than the 28th. Then straight to the shop for a full SunTech wrap & Opticoat which will take another week.

I’m supposed to take delivery of mine tomorrow in SF.
I haven’t heard anything from my DS or OA regarding a delay, so I hope i don’t end up wasting a trip to the city.

If so, I’m gonna talk them into giving me a loaner until my car is done :)
Check the car status in your account. If it's still "in production", it's not done yet and you might as well save yourself the trip.

Just got a call from store mgr. that all deliveries are being stopped until further notice (I was scheduled for delivery Monday)
because the few that they recently delivered with the MCU 2 had the screens go blank. The decision came from the top. Deliveries
will resume when Tesla pushes through the software fix for the MCU2. BTW, he did confirm that I DO have the MCU 2 .(Production 3/7-3/13.

Just got a call from store mgr. that all deliveries are being stopped until further notice (I was scheduled for delivery Monday)
because the few that they recently delivered with the MCU 2 had the screens go blank. The decision came from the top. Deliveries
will resume when Tesla pushes through the software fix for the MCU2. BTW, he did confirm that I DO have the MCU 2 .(Production 3/7-3/13.

Poetic.......

I was just at the Scottsdale Tesla Store, they had a P100D, VIN number 2476XX and it had the old CPU. I ran the whatsmyau.info and got “undefined CPU”. The door sticker said it was manufactured on 2/18. I am supposed to pick my P100D tomorrow with a 2476XX and it went into production on March 5th (according to the website). I am a little worried that I didn’t get the new CPU. The DA said I did but they were basing that off of the VIN which is not totally accurate. I am mentally preparing to refuse delivery and reorder the exact same specs. More to come...

• Informative
Reactions: DIL

Good to know. I'll consider it. Tesla is replacing my roof and both bumpers. I've already paid to have the front bumper wrapped. I may upgrade to do the roof too. Sounds like a good idea. I wonder how much a new roof costs?

Oh great. Is it time for those of us with the new MCU to start complaining that we wish we got the old one? ha ha