Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was delivered last night as expected. The center was swamped with cars. They had to bring over extra people from another store to help. Also the DS confirmed I have the new MCU. 3 other deliveries were going on while I was there.

Everything seems smooth and fast. I do have a slight wind noise from the passenger side door area. Can't feel any air but its noticeable at 45-60 MPH. I checked the seals etc and couldnt see anything glaring. Car also has a very slight pull to the right. I have a service appointment set for Monday to drop it off. Not super happy about that wind noise, but other than that the car was flawless. No body issues what so ever.
Awesome. I’m super jealous. What’s your VIN again? Production dates?

My DA called me yesterday and set a tentative delivery for noon next Thursday 3/29. It hasn’t left the hub yet but it may still get here early. Only about 8 days to go.

Not only are our locations almost identical, but our delivery dates almost identical (next Thursday at 10am for me) and our cars are almost identical. Therefore, I think you have excellent taste. I was originally scheduled for pickup tomorrow (3/22) but there was a little hiccup at the point where the car was "In Transit" (which mine still is).

I keep hoping for a call to move up my delivery appt., but I don't think it's happening.

Reactions: TX-T3sla
Also another weird thing. When I took delivery it showed I had a software update. Obviously we waiting until we got home. Once we got home and I sync'd with the wifi and plugged the car in I started the update. As soon as it started it popped up that it failed to install and to "wait for a new update to be sent" I was confused and wondering what happened.

Also another weird thing. When I took delivery it showed I had a software update. Obviously we waiting until we got home. Once we got home and I sync'd with the wifi and plugged the car in I started the update. As soon as it started it popped up that it failed to install and to "wait for a new update to be sent" I was confused and wondering what happened.
What’s your current f/w version? I updated to 10.4 8bbdc66 last night with no issues. It adds trunk/frunk control via the app. That’s all the release notes officially highlight, but I’m sure there are always other fixes/enhancements.

What’s your current f/w version? I updated to 10.4 8bbdc66 last night with no issues. It adds trunk/frunk control via the app. That’s all the release notes officially highlight, but I’m sure there are always other fixes/enhancements.

Im on the version before that. I do not have the Trunk controls in my App. I believe the car was trying to update to that. I will see once it downloads again if it fails. If it fails a second time I will have the SC check it out during my appointment this coming Monday.

Refuse as in you’d want a new/different car or have them fix everything before you actually take delivery? Obviously it depends on how bad the issues are and whether they’d get things fixed in one or two days. Assume paint would be the majority of issues. I’d be livid at dents, etc.
Refuse as in I have to drive 2.5 hrs to SC, and I literally can’t wait hours / days for them to fix dents/scratches..not perfect, no sale, I’ll strongly ask to transfer my deposit to a new order

Refuse as in I have to drive 2.5 hrs to SC, and I literally can’t wait hours / days for them to fix dents/scratches..not perfect, no sale, I’ll strongly ask to transfer my deposit to a new order
Understood considering the drive. As long as your DA knows that, you’d hopefully not have to waste a trip. Send him/her a list of what you’d refuse delivery over. Ask for detailed pics after the car has finished delivery prep?

Understood considering the drive. As long as your DA knows that, you’d hopefully not have to waste a trip. Send him/her a list of what you’d refuse delivery over. Ask for detailed pics after the car has finished delivery prep?
I’m already trucking the family up for the weekend, so we’re going regardless. Just a matter of having it right the first time.

My delivery* experience so far:
- Car went into production on 3/9

- First delivery appointment scheduled for 3/16 (wife rearranged her schedule to make it to the SC since we're both on the lease)

- The day before, a DS called me to tell me that there was a "slight delay" (new delivery date was set to 3/21, and I was promised a call if any more delays happened - I rearranged my busy schedule and cancelled meetups at GDC to make this)

- Yesterday afternoon, I called them since I hadn't heard from them, and sure enough, there's another (unexplained) delay (new estimate is "as early as this weekend, or possibly early next week)

- I was offered a rental, but when she told me it was another ICE, i loled

My car has been in production for 12 days (even more if my account page was updated late) which is ~7 days longer than i've been tolkd it should take.

At this point, I would feel better just knowing what's happening with my car over at the factory
- Did it spontaneously combust?
- Was it given away to one of Elon's friends?
- Did employees get caught having sex in it and it had to be reupholstered?
- Did the updated MCU take over the factory's control system and is tearing *sugar* up?

The lack of visibility and clear answers is what's bugging me more than not having the car.

I am picking up my car tomorrow if all things go well.

I just had a slight problem with the loan at the last minute.
I am wanting to put more in down payment, so they need to redraft new documents.

The one thing i realized with tesla vs other car dealors is that the loan officer is not on site all the time.
So if you wanted to change something in the loan documents, at a regular car dealer since the officer is on the floor, it can be changed and amended right away.

With Tesla, its sort of a hassle.
The DS needs to get in contact with the loan officer in charge of the loan.
That Loan officer is not located at the Tesla Center but located in San Mateo

So things like editing a loan can take some time.

Anyhow, can't wait til tomorrow.
I'll make sure i take lots of pictures and share them with you guys.
If your going to the Marina Del Rey center and you happen to see a Midnight Silver P100D, that is mine. :)

Oh on another note, the MCU patches are all done.
The DS said they held the cars affected until the patch was completed, and it worked out.
So you shouldn't see anymore delays in getting your car due to the MCU2 bug.