Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!
It's the standard white. I can't wait to get my windows tinted and wheels powder coated black...going for the Storm Trooper look!

I'm working on a Picasa album to share pics, will post the link later tonight.

4 more Days till delivery. SLeep -deprived. Wrapping up final payment details, insurance, all the boring stuff. PLEASE do post the album :crying:

Did you see my Blue 85 there and give it a hug for me?? :smile:

+1 my blue 85 is sitting in Chicago as well waiting for a truck ride to Michigan.

While waiting for my snow tires to be installed, we counted ten cars being offloaded semi's, and about a half-dozen in the parking lot across the street. I'm not comfortable disclosing how many were at the other location, but, yeah, it was a Model S-apalooza. Even the floor of the service center was like trying to navigate an amazon jungle. They had cars on lifts with other cars parked underneath. It was surreal.

So far, the weather here has been for crap, and all of the test drives I've given today have usually ended up in wheel spins and fishtailing. I will say, however, that the traction control in this car is AMAZING, and although there was some sliding of the rear wheels, I nor any of my test drivers ever felt they were "out of control" of the vehicle. This thing is rock solid.

Oh, and my mom could not stop laughing when I showed her the frunk. Literally, she had tears rolling down her cheeks she was laughing so hard. She said she was totally not expecting it.

My car was released for shipping on Friday January 25th. I was told it left CA on Saturday Feb 1st with an expected delivery date of Feb 6th (today). I received no call from the driver yesterday. Calling my local DS and my DS at HQ got me voicemail and no call back. Calling UPS got me a 'talk to your DS'.

Very frustrating to have given Tesla a check for $80k and then have the car go into limbo with no way to check it's progress. I hope they get all this worked out before non Tesla fanboys start buying from them because it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. At this point I am just hoping it shows up for the weekend ....

My car was released for shipping on Friday January 25th. I was told it left CA on Saturday Feb 1st with an expected delivery date of Feb 6th (today). I received no call from the driver yesterday. Calling my local DS and my DS at HQ got me voicemail and no call back. Calling UPS got me a 'talk to your DS'.

Very frustrating to have given Tesla a check for $80k and then have the car go into limbo with no way to check it's progress. I hope they get all this worked out before non Tesla fanboys start buying from them because it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. At this point I am just hoping it shows up for the weekend ....

Do you have a smartphone? Maybe you can track your car with Teslas' new APP?

Do you have a smartphone? Maybe you can track your car with Teslas' new APP?

Yes I have the app, and logging in shows my VIN. But to have it track your car you have to enable it in car itself. Catch-22 ...

I just wish that when you call the main Tesla number they would check the system for you instead of simply trying to connect you to your DS, who is not responding ...

Trying to stay very Zen about the whole thing, what's a few more days after waiting 14 months?

EDIT: Ok my Zen thinking is starting to waver .... I called UPS this morning and they gave me the number of the Tesla regional manager and he tracked the car via gps and .... it is still sitting in Fremont!

EDIT2: The regional manager just got back to me and it seems my car was pulled due to the key fob not being recognized. I am sure they new this a week ago .... oh well. Now I am hoping it comes before NEXT weekend ...

Last edited:
So excited. I know I have been on this forum and read quite a bit of let downs with the delivery team. However, I have to say - my process was above expectation! So for a change of some good feedback for Tesla's Reservation, Inside Delivery, and Delivery teams!

I have been following Tesla since 2006 and have been anxiously waiting for mine. Here is my timeline:

2012.04.22 - Reservation made (coincidentally it was Earth day)
2012.07.14 - First test drive at Amped Tour just made the wait much harder
2012.11.13 - Finalized the configuration
2013.01.18 - Delivery timeframe received for Feb 21 - Mar 7
2013.02.04 - VIN issued
2013.02.05 - Purchase Agreement received
2013.02.06 - Confirmation of delivery for Feb 15th @ 12:00 PM!

P8460 VIN# 4802:
- Black Paint
- All Glass Panoramic Roof
- 19" Wheels
- Black Leather Interior
- Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
- 60 kWh Battery
- Tech Package
- Sound Studio Package
- Active Air Suspension
- Rear Facing Seats
- Paint Armor
- Supercharging

Next Friday can't come soon enough!

EDIT2: The regional manager just got back to me and it seems my car was pulled due to the key fob not being recognized. I am sure they new this a week ago .... oh well. Now I am hoping it comes before NEXT weekend ...

That sucks. I exchanged emails with my PS today...the checks I FedEx'd them were delivered yesterday, so I'd patiently waiting a whole 3 days before bugging them again :) That wasn't before calling UPS, but I guess they're getting tired of that, as the guy gave me a 'special number' for Tesla customers, that, surprise, is Tesla's toll-free number :-/

Anyway, my PS confirmed my car is at the Dallas service center being prepped, so there's a chance I'll get it by the weekend....!

Got VIN 4375 at the factory yesterday, pictures on the Owner's Deliver Stories thread.

Reserved: 7/2012
Finalize email: 12/3/12
Final MVPA countersigned: 12/28/12
VIN received: 1/16/13
Delivery window: 1/26/12-2/9/13
Factory pickup: 2/5/13

It seemed to be ready about a week or so earlier, but my flight was already booked for that date, so I didn't bug them to find out the exact time it would have been available to me.