Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on the 16th and drove home from Fremont to Las Vegas. Here are some pictures at three of the superchargers. I forgot to take one at Harris Ranch, but it was dark. I'll link to an album with more pics once I've had time to arrange them. The car was fabulous on the trip, the SCs worked great, no range anxiety at all. The delivery experience was fantastic, thanks to Sylvia for showing us the ropes and to Andrew for the factory tour.

Gilroy.jpg
Tejon Ranch.jpg
Barstow.jpg

I took delivery on the 16th and drove home from Fremont to Las Vegas. Here are some pictures at three of the superchargers. I forgot to take one at Harris Ranch, but it was dark. I'll link to an album with more pics once I've had time to arrange them. The car was fabulous on the trip, the SCs worked great, no range anxiety at all. The delivery experience was fantastic, thanks to Sylvia for showing us the ropes and to Andrew for the factory tour.

View attachment 16880View attachment 16881View attachment 16879

So this is what the future looks like. Very very cool.
Lucky bastards living so close getting these fabulous cars delivered by the hundreds every day….

Regards from Europe, while we are waiting our asses off…;-)

Overall, I am somewhat disappointed with the car - maybe with all the reviews, my expectations were too high (I never test drove the MS). I had recently (July 2012) replaced my BMW750 with a Chevy Volt and have been very happy with the Volt, much smaller car that drives really well - much better than my wife's Leaf. The interior of the Tesla is downright poor - I am very disappointed with lack of attention to detail - poor seat ergonomics, cheap quality of parts, etc. The acceleration is phenomenal but needs to be done with some care when changing lanes and accelerating - the car is not very heavy and with all the torque, needs some getting used to keep it balanced. The great thing, obviously, is the range that makes this car practical for every-day use vs the Leaf.

I own a Volt and a Model S. The Volt is very underrated - especially here on TMC... It's a really nice car to drive - and very practical (size, range extender).

However, I much prefer the interior of my Model S as the Volt interior now feels too 'visually noisy' for my taste now. And of course the performances are amazing (acceleration, handling).

However, my wife prefers the Volt as she finds the S too intimidating to drive (RWD, huge torque, size).

Congratulations Darmok for the car. It looks lovely. I've a 60Kwh with Mar/April delivery window, can't wait to get in the drivers seat. I would love to do the Fremont Las Vegas drive. Can you share you share trip details specially range as your drove from factory to first supercharger to the next before reaching Las Vegas.

View attachment 16880View attachment 16881View attachment 16879

My completed car (vin 5776) is marked as "awaiting transit" -- I am curious how long those of you out there waited from the time your car was done at factory until the time it was delivered .. aka, how long was your car in transit?

Also, anyone who came through Chicago Service Center, I would love to hear how it went!​

I just called Tesla to find out if a VIN has been assigned to my car. My email from Tesla said delievery is expected between March 6 and March 20. The VIN is usually assigned about 2 weeks before delivery. There is no VIN on the web page or via the Tesla app. However, customer service at the 877 number had my VIN. Ends in 06087.

I would suggest that anyone who is awaiting a VIN call Tesla, as it appears the web page and the Tesla app are not be updated quickly.

I just called Tesla to find out if a VIN has been assigned to my car. My email from Tesla said delievery is expected between March 6 and March 20. The VIN is usually assigned about 2 weeks before delivery. There is no VIN on the web page or via the Tesla app. However, customer service at the 877 number had my VIN. Ends in 06087.

I would suggest that anyone who is awaiting a VIN call Tesla, as it appears the web page and the Tesla app are not be updated quickly.

Where are you? Just curious.I have the same delivery window.

Decided to call and even though my delivery window starts next week, my MS has no VIN assigned. Sure wish I had the VIN so I could do some insurance shopping.

I do not know how you can compare the Volt to the MS, I have been looking for an electric vehicle for several years. I have driven the Volt, and it is not bad for what it is. Way to much tire and interior noise, this is a $25000 Chevy selling for $40000. Is the Tesla worth $80000, Probably nothing is worth that much. Having said that you must realize that the MS is a most incredible vehicle, I worked in the automotive field for over 40 years and have driven every vehicle imaginable, there is nothing out there like this car!!!!
when you purchase something that is all new technology you will have issues, the key is how the manufacture responds to them. If you look at the total package that you get when purchasing the Tesla Model S, it is amazing in every way.

I do not know how you can compare the Volt to the MS, I have been looking for an electric vehicle for several years. I have driven the Volt, and it is not bad for what it is. Way to much tire and interior noise, this is a $25000 Chevy selling for $40000. Is the Tesla worth $80000, Probably nothing is worth that much. Having said that you must realize that the MS is a most incredible vehicle, I worked in the automotive field for over 40 years and have driven every vehicle imaginable, there is nothing out there like this car!!!!
when you purchase something that is all new technology you will have issues, the key is how the manufacture responds to them. If you look at the total package that you get when purchasing the Tesla Model S, it is amazing in every way.
Really no reason to poop on the Volt here. Saying the Volt is the same as a 25K Chevy disregards some pretty amazing technology and engineering.

Awesome pics...thank you. Still waiting for my car. it's kinda getting ridiculous to see seq #14,xxx, VIN 57xx getting their car completed while my VIN 5486 still in production. I should just stop checking these forums. I just get depressed watching others who came after me get their cars before me. I'm happy for them, but just depresses me. Good bye folks...checking out until my car is picked up.

And if you are paying by a loan?

If you pay by loan... when you press the "pay now" button, it lets you calculate how much you owe. So if you are financing 90% of your car payment, then if the car is $100,000 and you are getting $90,000 financed and you paid a deposit of $5,000, then it allows you to pay the balance of $5,000 online as described in my previous post.