Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S
Red Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Black Nappa Leather Interior
Piano Black Décor6
60 kWh Battery
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Parcel Shelf

Reserved: 2012-9-14 (RN313295)
Finalized: 2013-4-13 (60 kWh)
To Factory: 2013-05-13
End of line: 2013-05-29
Delivered: 2013-06-07 (VIN11111)

We could see VIN 22222 by the end of 2013 :wink:

Yeah! Finally got my beautiful silver S! Kind of a mix up with my DS. I wasn't told all the paperwork had arrived at Tesla and my car was in transit to my house. I called today to get a status report. Was told the car was in transit - that it would be at my house in an hour. I was at work, which happens to be 1/2 hour from home! So, wrapped things up at work and zoomed home to arrive seeing such a beautiful car on the flat-bed truck waiting for me. Didn't have the correct adapter to plug into my 220 outlet, but luckily we have our black S, which we happened to be lending to a family member tonight - they may be buying one - so I used that car's adapter. Quickly put some miles on her!

Yeah! Finally got my beautiful silver S! Kind of a mix up with my DS. I wasn't told all the paperwork had arrived at Tesla and my car was in transit to my house. I called today to get a status report. Was told the car was in transit - that it would be at my house in an hour. I was at work, which happens to be 1/2 hour from home! So, wrapped things up at work and zoomed home to arrive seeing such a beautiful car on the flat-bed truck waiting for me. Didn't have the correct adapter to plug into my 220 outlet, but luckily we have our black S, which we happened to be lending to a family member tonight - they may be buying one - so I used that car's adapter. Quickly put some miles on her!

NICE! Will be interesting to hear you do a side-by-side comparison of the two.
Perhaps differences a couple of months might make in build quality, as well as the 60 vs the 85 in performance, etc. etc.

Got my e-docs email and pay now button last night and the iOS app says "Mobile App Remote Access is OFF"--- must be getting close.

Spoke to my DS this morning. My car has left the factory and is on a truck heading east. He said cross country transit is taking an extra day or two because of the midwest weather conditions (http://www.weather.com/news/weather-severe/derecho-explainer-20120612). Looks like I should be able to take delivery a week early, at the end of next week. Can't wait!!!!!

Oddly enough my app just switched to "Mobile App Remote Access Is Off." Doesn't that mean it is nearing or finished production?

Interesting. I have a scheduled delivery date of 6/28 but the app still says "No Vehicles Linked...". You have just the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

@ paplatine I thought we might run into each other

@ dmckinstry is your's getting delivered to you? I kind of wish they were still doing that. Love the idea of my new car just showing up.

Got it today!

Got my Model S today :biggrin:. Day started early this morning for me - 3:30 am to get office work done so that I could pick up the car at 9 am at Fremont. The whole experience was awesome - from the day I first test drove it at Santana Row to placing the order to communicating with my DS, and finally the delivery and factory tour. Tesla is an amazing company and I hope they are wildly successful. Left the factory at 11:30am, and had to then get back to work, so have not been able to drive it much. I am so looking forward to some extended drives over the weekend. Some pictures below.
IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0503.JPG