Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the most amazing delivery experience. First, my girlfriend drove me. Funny thing, is that we almost ran out of gas. We filled up just a few blocks from the SC. I arrive to a bunch of folk greeting us, all really excited as I am the first car to have the new options: Parking Sensors and Cold Weather package. They were loading up 5.0, as this software is required to operate those features.

When I walk in, they point to a blue car, but with the standard, not cyclone, wheels. They said, there's your car, and I said "no it's not". They laughed and said the the cyclone wheels are on back-order and they will exchange them for me later.

Here is the crazy part: they begin to go through all the options and I am just barely hanging on trying to control myself, when they suddenly mention "Extended Napa Leather Trim". I looked at them puzzled and said "I don't recall ordering the Extended Napa Leather Trim." They looked at their paperwork for a few moments, gave me a big smile and said "lucky day for you!" That's right folks. I got upgraded to the Extended Napa Leather Trim package at no charge. I wasn't even sure if I liked it at first, but I really do. Would I have paid $2,500 for this? No way.

I managed to put some miles on this beast today and really am enjoying it. I played with both the front and rear parking sensors and I'm really impressed with the integration. I see the WiFi, upgraded nav, etc, but have not played with that much really. I plan on leaving my car unplugged tonight to see what kind of losses I get.

What a great day.
Congrats!!!

@4super9, I remember that day for our blue Belle, very happy to read such an enthusiastic post like this and to know that there are people just as excited (maybe even a bit more, but not sure how that is possible) than those that received their cars earlier.

I hope your average watts/mile is very high ;)

I just had the most amazing delivery experience. First, my girlfriend drove me. Funny thing, is that we almost ran out of gas. We filled up just a few blocks from the SC. I arrive to a bunch of folk greeting us, all really excited as I am the first car to have the new options: Parking Sensors and Cold Weather package. They were loading up 5.0, as this software is required to operate those features.

When I walk in, they point to a blue car, but with the standard, not cyclone, wheels. They said, there's your car, and I said "no it's not". They laughed and said the the cyclone wheels are on back-order and they will exchange them for me later.

Here is the crazy part: they begin to go through all the options and I am just barely hanging on trying to control myself, when they suddenly mention "Extended Napa Leather Trim". I looked at them puzzled and said "I don't recall ordering the Extended Napa Leather Trim." They looked at their paperwork for a few moments, gave me a big smile and said "lucky day for you!" That's right folks. I got upgraded to the Extended Napa Leather Trim package at no charge. I wasn't even sure if I liked it at first, but I really do. Would I have paid $2,500 for this? No way.

I managed to put some miles on this beast today and really am enjoying it. I played with both the front and rear parking sensors and I'm really impressed with the integration. I see the WiFi, upgraded nav, etc, but have not played with that much really. I plan on leaving my car unplugged tonight to see what kind of losses I get.

What a great day.
Congrats!
do you mind posting a few pics of the extended napa leather trim
based on what you've seen from previous model S's is it any different than what came before the options or is it the same as what people were getting before?

Congrats!
based on what you've seen from previous model S's is it any different than what came before the options or is it the same as what people were getting before?
I will try to post some pics later. Honestly, I have been so obsessed with this car, that I have let a few other projects slide and I'm now paying the price.
It is different, but not by a tremendous amount. Honestly, the leather is not so luxurious as to have that much of a superior aspect over the vinyl. I can say that the whole dash soft material is the same color, not the two tone version on the original version. It is also hardly noticeable on the door trim. My girlfriend likes it a lot. She really notices the difference. Even so, she agrees that in no way is it worth $2,500.

- - - Updated - - -

@4SUPER9 or anyone with the parking sensors installed

Let us know how your parking sensors work: curb rash be gone????

The parking sensors are incredibly well integrated into the displays. They work beautifully. I love them! Curb's, OTOH, are another matter. They are too low and to the side to be picked up that well, though I only parked at a curb twice now, and not head-in yet.

Broke down and drove 3 hrs through traffic today to do another test drive while I wait for sept 9th delivery. Car is even better! Toronto has a car with the parking sensors too!

got home and was greeted to this awesomeness!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

Sorry to take so long. Been busy with life outside of Tesla. My garage has poor lighting, but I snapped a few picts of the leather. I really like it now. Again, I'd never pay $2,500 for this. I would pay maybe another $500 though.
IMG_2285.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG