Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah no vin, source code checked and all. I was shocked to see it, so naturally I called my SA. Naturally, he didn’t answer. Reached out to my main man Marcus out in Las Vegas, he called me right away and said I’m slated for March 1-31st. Marcus has been as solid as a rock through this whole thing and his attitude and temperament has been getting me through this nightmare. Marcus, if you’re reading this, you the best.

Yeah no vin, source code checked and all. I was shocked to see it, so naturally I called my SA. Naturally, he didn’t answer. Reached out to my main man Marcus out in Las Vegas, he called me right away and said I’m slated for March 1-31st. Marcus has been as solid as a rock through this whole thing and his attitude and temperament has been getting me through this nightmare. Marcus, if you’re reading this, you the best.
We are being inconvenienced, but imagine the thankless job of the poor SA's.

Not only are they likely mushrooms, but they get it from both ends...

When did you order?

At this point, we are all jealous. Odd that the guy out in LV said "March 1 - March 31"...given it is, in fact, March 17th lol.

That’s what I said to him and he told me “Sam! Let’s try and be positive here! I’m excited FOR YOU to get this car. I want pictures sent to me when you pick this baby up!”

Hard to argue with that much positivity.

That’s what I said to him and he told me “Sam! Let’s try and be positive here! I’m excited FOR YOU to get this car. I want pictures sent to me when you pick this baby up!”

Hard to argue with that much positivity.

To clarify - what he is saying is, nothing from what he can see on his side of things have changed. He told you March 1- 31 like a week or so ago and that's still what it says?

To clarify - what he is saying is, nothing from what he can see on his side of things have changed. He told you March 1- 31 like a week or so ago and that's still what it says?

Exactly. I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up. I do not expect to taking delivery of a Refresh Model S next week. My expectations are so low, in fact, that I was holding off booking a flight just in case they called me. As of last night, that has changed. My flight is booked and I’ll be away until April 6th. If Tesla calls me, I’ll make arrangements, but to be clear, I do not plan on it happening.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Tigers
It's just a car.
Welcome. True. It is just a car. But tbh I've never not taken a car straight from a dealership lot. Most of us know it's gonna take a while and it's amusing for us to just speculate on things.

You get your ordered yet? Or are you just here to troll?

If we assume it’s a little wider, I’ll try to guess by how much. I’ve never seen one in person so it’s just guesswork. I’m guessing it’s wider by about 2”. If we assume the widest rear tire on the refresh is 295-35-21, that’s 30mm wider than the widest tire on the current S (265-35-21.) The 30mm difference is just over 1” so I’m guessing the rear fenders (and wheels) are about 1” wider on each side - wider by 2” total.
This is just my speculation including speculation that the new rear tires are 295mm wide.. We know the front tires on the refresh are 265-35-21 compared to the 245-35-21 on the current S so 295-35-21 seems like a good guess since the pilot sport 4s doesn’t come in a 285-35-21 or a 305-35-21. If the 295mm tire is true then it’s a good guess the rear fenders will be approx 30mm wider on each side. If hypothetically Michelin makes a 285-35-21 for Tesla, then my guess is it will be approx 1.5” wider or .75” wider each side.
Yeah I’d it’s 2” wider I’m worried it’s not going to fit. Or will be so tight that it will be a nightmare getting in and out. Hmm.