Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha that'd be one hell of a mining farm. Only mine while charging with 10s of thousands of GPUs. Prob onto something there ...

Ever since the earnings call, it just makes sense. All the computers networked together, mining. And we’re the ones paying for it! It’s genius and one hell of a marketing pitch.

“Buy the car, it’ll make you money.”

Reactions: doubleshot
Ever since the earnings call, it just makes sense. All the computers networked together, mining. And we’re the ones paying for it! It’s genius and one hell of a marketing pitch.

“Buy the car, it’ll make you money.”
Elon already has a similar philosophy with the robo-taxi plan. This is the only car that will appreciate in value since it will be making you money when you aren't using it. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem feasible for the foreseeable future.

I got an email this afternoon from Tesla inviting me to a Virtual New Owner Workshop via Microsoft Teams.
For me it's the first communication initiated on the Tesla side since I updated my configuration after the refresh was announced. My original order date was December 5th, reconfiguration date January 28. Maybe this is a good sign?

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
I got an email this afternoon from Tesla inviting me to a Virtual New Owner Workshop via Microsoft Teams.
For me it's the first communication initiated on the Tesla side since I updated my configuration after the refresh was announced. My original order date was December 5th, reconfiguration date January 28. Maybe this is a good sign?

Can you share a screenshot?

Here you go...
1616111516635.png

Reactions: Tdreamer
Part of the new Engage Tesla. This is promising news.

Unfortunately nothing special. Looks like a generic new member orientation put on by a specific club. Our local club has same basic meet.

I am quite jealous of the M3 owners though. My company did an interesting perk where they're helping finance a Tesla to help promote a green fleet and the tech of things (we're an IT company). Three of my coworkers are picking up Monday. We have 3 MY in our service fleet, there will be 4 M3 (3 of them performance) and my MS LR whenever it comes. Should make for a great pic haha. Mine in the front of course since it's the best.

I'm still hopeful of a May delivery.

Yeah - but what does that mean? Nothing in regards to what I am referring to. As a new order, you can expect 10-14 weeks (I guess), but for those of sitting here for a couple of months (or more)...many of us have "March" as the delivery time. If they already know it isn't going to be March, how much work is it to go in and change to that to something like "April-May"?
That’s my issue. This is a trillion dollar company and this is how they treat customers. I expected so much better service, communication and transparency. I mean for what we are paying for (over 120k - 150k with taxes) the very least they can do is tell us hey we are having delays due to A B & C. We project deliveries to start in or around x y z. Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
That’s my issue. This is a trillion dollar company and this is how they treat customers. I expected so much better service, communication and transparency. I mean for what we are paying for (over 120k - 150k with taxes) the very least they can do is tell us hey we are having delays due to A B & C. We project deliveries to start in or around x y z. Is that too much to ask?
First, welcome to the forum and sorry you have to hear this, BUT, Yes, it’s too much to ask from Tesla after almost a decade of the exact same experience, customer treatment, etc.

They did make a projection for deliveries, they were just wrong, as usual.

Second, they have no reason to update any of us on any of these issues or whatever is happening. The vast majority of folks will just wait and take delivery whenever that comes. Same thing happened with S, X, 3 and Y.

If you don’t like it, no soup for you!

Last edited: