Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• auto.JPG
    auto.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 55
First, welcome to the forum and sorry you have to hear this, BUT, Yes, it’s too much to ask from Tesla after almost a decade of the exact same experience, customer treatment, etc.

They did make a projection for deliveries, they were just wrong, as usual.

Second, they have no reason to update any of us on any of these issues or whatever is happening. The vast majority of folks will just wait and take delivery whenever that comes. Same thing happened with S, X, 3 and Y.

If you don’t like it, no soup for you!
Thank you for the kind welcome. Your response is an obvious case of stockholm syndrome lol. It’s not just me that feels this way. Wrong is wrong. Saying that’s just how they are doesn’t justify how they do business or treat customers. However I do agree with your point, I can either put up with it or like you said no soup for me! Lol.

Thank you for the kind welcome. Your response is an obvious case of stockholm syndrome lol. It’s not just me that feels this way. Wrong is wrong. Saying that’s just how they are doesn’t justify how they do business or treat customers. However I do agree with your point, I can either put up with it or like you said no soup for me! Lol.
Well said. Tolerating bad behavior and finding excuses in support of that is much worse. Tesla’s customer support is exactly how governments operate in third world countries. They carry on like a DMV with some lipstick.

Well said. Tolerating bad behavior and finding excuses in support of that is much worse. Tesla’s customer support is exactly how governments operate in third world countries. They carry on like a DMV with some lipstick.
Just to clarify, I wasn’t supporting it or defending Tesla. Just trying to answer the question.

The only thing any of us can do is “vote with our wallet”. That’s what I was trying to say.

I fully agree, and this is the most expensive car I've ever bought. I have a Mercedes and they treat you like gold. We can vote with our wallet, but the reality is, even though the company treats the customer like complete *sugar*, the products are so innovative, impressive, and unique, most of us will tolerate it. In 3-5 years will that still be the case? I suspect not.

I fully agree, and this is the most expensive car I've ever bought. I have a Mercedes and they treat you like gold. We can vote with our wallet, but the reality is, even though the company treats the customer like complete *sugar*, the products are so innovative, impressive, and unique, most of us will tolerate it. In 3-5 years will that still be the case? I suspect not.

To be honest, I hear the "BMW/Audi/Mercedes treats you like a king" statement all of the time. I've never owned one, so I have no idea. However, I did try to buy one from each recently and if their slimy sales tactics (which are the same as ford, honda, gm, etc) have anything to say about it, I highly doubt the customer experience is really that much different. I assume they try to scam you every time you bring it in for an oil change.

Personally I got the whole runaround. Nitrogen tires, PPF, etc. I couldn't help but laugh my tail off looking at the $3-5k these bozos managed to tack on to MSRP and tried to negotiate down from that.

So personally, one of you will have to explain it but their sales is just a disgusting as everyone else. Maybe they smile to your face while ripping you off behind your back. Given everyone says servicing luxury brands is expensive, that's my guess on exactly whats happening.

Tesla on the other hand, at least for me, has never tried to sell me anything. Take a test drive, give the key back, nothing. And I posted it in another thread but with the few issues I had with my Model 3, the people were all nice, no arguments over fixing stuff and was always done on time.

Tesla isn't a perfect company and some times they don't do the right thing with service or with communication, but there are so many more benefits to what they bring to the table, not the least of which is driving off of the lot with your brand new car without feeling incredibly angry about arguing with a fake sales guy and finance manager both who have been lying to your face and trying to take even more money out of your pocket to pad theirs. Dealerships literally waste hours and often days of your life for a process that should take an hour if they weren't so shady. I only purchased one new car before my tesla and the sales people were such scum I hated my brand new car which I desired for years because of the experience. Luckily after a few weeks I got over it and enjoyed the car. However, when I picked up my tesla, I enjoyed it from the first time I sat in it with no negative feelings at all. It was great.

Hopefully all OEMs get rid of the dealership model and go more the Tesla route. Then tesla is in trouble, maybe. Until then, yeah even if I liked a car from another oem, it's going to be nearly impossible for me to deal with the *potty word* at the dealership to even attempt to buy one.

Last edited:
All new MS come with basic autopilot features - the enhanced cruise function and the stay in lane steering. For the $10K, you get summon, auto park, lane change, and the promise of FSD. When I bought my 17' MS it was $2,500 for all of these functions (some of which were added over time by software updates) except whatever FSD AP 2.0 could handle, which was another $3K. I recently ordered a MS LR. Mine says Yoke steering. I don't know why many new forum members here want to rant over and over again about Tesla sales service - they've been known to be below average before delivery for years. I will say this though - the service dept. has aways been responsive and very good as far as I am concerned.

It seems that with Mercedes et al., part of what you're PAYING for is that level of coddling. Tesla uses the money to make a better car and move the world toward sustainable energy as fast as humanly possible, and figures the customers can handle the lack of coddling. I'm OK with that set of priorities, actually. Just a bit grumpy.

FWIW, some third world governments treat their citizens quite well. My third world country has almost all services online, answers phones and provides excellent support...for people rich and educated well enough to be online and fluent readers/writers. Example: it took seven days from application entry to passport delivery when I renewed my Brazilian passport this year.

Possibly you're thinking of the US government that specialized in no phone access and slow or inadequate services. Example: It took none months to successfully renew my spouses US passport this year.

In my very humble view, mostly Tesla acts like the third world example above too, except for the phone part. We should be vary careful with analogies, they're often deceptive.

To be honest, I hear the "BMW/Audi/Mercedes treats you like a king" statement all of the time. I've never owned one, so I have no idea. However, I did try to buy one from each recently and if their slimy sales tactics (which are the same as ford, honda, gm, etc) have anything to say about it, I highly doubt the customer experience is really that much different. I assume they try to scam you every time you bring it in for an oil change.

Personally I got the whole runaround. Nitrogen tires, PPF, etc. I couldn't help but laugh my tail off looking at the $3-5k these bozos managed to tack on to MSRP and tried to negotiate down from that.

So personally, one of you will have to explain it but their sales is just a disgusting as everyone else. Maybe they smile to your face while ripping you off behind your back. Given everyone says servicing luxury brands is expensive, that's my guess on exactly whats happening.

Tesla on the other hand, at least for me, has never tried to sell me anything. Take a test drive, give the key back, nothing. And I posted it in another thread but with the few issues I had with my Model 3, the people were all nice, no arguments over fixing stuff and was always done on time.

Tesla isn't a perfect company and some times they don't do the right thing with service or with communication, but there are so many more benefits to what they bring to the table, not the least of which is driving off of the lot with your brand new car without feeling incredibly angry about arguing with a fake sales guy and finance manager both who have been lying to your face and trying to take even more money out of your pocket to pad theirs. Dealerships literally waste hours and often days of your life for a process that should take an hour if they weren't so shady. I only purchased one new car before my tesla and the sales people were such scum I hated my brand new car which I desired for years because of the experience. Luckily after a few weeks I got over it and enjoyed the car. However, when I picked up my tesla, I enjoyed it from the first time I sat in it with no negative feelings at all. It was great.

Hopefully all OEMs get rid of the dealership model and go more the Tesla route. Then tesla is in trouble, maybe. Until then, yeah even if I liked a car from another oem, it's going to be nearly impossible for me to deal with the *potty word* at the dealership to even attempt to buy one.
Your experience with that dealership is not specific to Audi/BMW/Mercedes etc. Every single car dealership in this country is like that and they almost all are sleazy. But this is nothing new. Why should they be a point of reference for Tesla? The problems with customer service didn’t start yesterday for them. There have been persistent complaints for sometime now. Some of them like the Model S delivery delays can be addressed with communication 101. They have no major competition currently and if you don’t like your service center you simply can’t walk into a different one because there is only one service center in a lot of places. They can be so much better and all we are asking for them is to manage PR like they innovate their technologies. You don’t have to be bad because oh well, ICE dealerships are crap.

Your experience with that dealership is not specific to Audi/BMW/Mercedes etc. Every single car dealership in this country is like that and they almost all are sleazy. But this is nothing new. Why should they be a point of reference for Tesla? The problems with customer service didn’t start yesterday for them. There have been persistent complaints for sometime now. Some of them like the Model S delivery delays can be addressed with communication 101. They have no major competition currently and if you don’t like your service center you simply can’t walk into a different one because there is only one service center in a lot of places. They can be so much better and all we are asking for them is to manage PR like they innovate their technologies. You don’t have to be bad because oh well, ICE dealerships are crap.

Think you missed the point of my post - all I am saying is, so many people try to act like "other luxury brands" are so much better in how they treat people. They definitely aren't. I'm only doing the comparison to contrast the poster above.

Think you missed the point of my post - all I am saying is, so many people try to act like "other luxury brands" are so much better in how they treat people. They definitely aren't. I'm only doing the comparison to contrast the poster above.
Fair enough. ICE customers rarely if at all interact with the manufacturers directly. Their only interface is the dealership. The problem for Tesla is so many of their workflows and business processes are centralized and most of the time the service centers don’t know anymore than the average customer regarding delivery status, refund status etc. Tesla had to adopt this model to skirt around archaic government policies. This can still work very well for the consumer way better than the dealership model *if* Tesla corporate is transparent with communication and provide better tools and information to their SAs. However it is just a big dumpster fire now.

Reactions: Desert Dave
Fair enough. ICE customers rarely if at all interact with the manufacturers directly. Their only interface is the dealership. The problem for Tesla is so many of their workflows and business processes are centralized and most of the time the service centers don’t know anymore than the average customer regarding delivery status, refund status etc. Tesla had to adopt this model to skirt around archaic government policies. This can still work very well for the consumer way better than the dealership model *if* Tesla corporate is transparent with communication and provide better tools and information to their SAs. However it is just a big dumpster fire now.
None of this matters - what matters if seeing when you get your VIN and reporting back here.

Collectively, we are the best information resource available.

1 person = checks order 10 times per day (minimum)