Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody besides me still struggling to make a wheel decision ?

the sad thing is we know we’re not 1-2 weeks away from delivery. I hope I’m proven wrong.
You mean 19 v 21? I am all in for 19. 21s look sweet, but I don’t love the ride, nor the cost to replace more frequently (my experience) or the range loss.

I’d rather pay to powder coat my 19s to get the look.

Reactions: TheOx and lzolman
I just received an email from my Sales Advisor. He said I should expect my Model S LR here in Texas sometime in May/June. Ordered Feb 1. That timing sounds about right given it looks like they are not yet being produced.
Fast forward to May “I just received a call from SA saying I should expect a June/July delivery”....BUT I hope your SA is right.

Seriously, I think the info on the forum here is most accurate. At least equal.

Reactions: Tigers
You mean 19 v 21? I am all in for 19. 21s look sweet, but I don’t love the ride, nor the cost to replace more frequently (my experience) or the range loss.

I think the 19 inch Tempest Wheels look like they have removable wheel covers. Maybe they do but in any case even powder coating 19’s doesn’t get the “look” of 21’s. Personal preference I know. And when I drive I always can avoid pot holes.

I think the 19 inch Tempest Wheels look like they have removable wheel covers. Maybe they do but in any case even powder coating 19’s doesn’t get the “look” of 21’s. Personal preference I know. And when I drive I always can avoid pot holes.
Agreed, no amount of powder coating will make the 19in wheels look like the 21s but it’s still not a bad look.

Attachments

• 8FFA8BFF-7A99-4F4E-B528-C2B8F8E1E0D2.jpeg
    8FFA8BFF-7A99-4F4E-B528-C2B8F8E1E0D2.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 85

Yes I’m switching to plaid from plaid plus. I’m reallly struggling with the wheels. Love the look of the 21s but 19s make more sense.

Reactions: TNGuy99
From my sales advisor yesterday:

“Current timelines for the plaid deliveries are showing an estimate of 4-11 weeks per our website. Until your Model S is built we won’t be able to gauge a delivery date for you unfortunately. I do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Any updates we receive on our end we will be sure to notify you.”

I placed my order 12/12/20 and updated to Plaid on 2/13/21. Order No. 11429....😞🤷🏻‍♂️😡

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and Drew-MS