Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing that you've spilled coffee and gotten sunscreen on your white seats and got it out. That was my fear that the white is so white that it would really be hard to keep it that way. That is what drove me to cream. Now you got me messed in the head again about colors! :D
All the interior options seem great, no wrong choice as they are all stunning. I have a 2018 X with white and my dog (white lab) sits in the back seats all the time after muddy hikes. good as new after wiping down with a wet cloth.

And maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but the "fake leather" they use is far better than any seat material I've encountered. It softer, more comfortable, and doesn't crease and crack like real leather.

and to remain on topic, my order page still shows April delivery (sigh). Feb 1 order.

supply chain doesn't have to mean chip shortages, could be a whole ton of different things, from raw materials, plastics, even leather (since i'm assuming the MS uses real leather and the M3 uses faux leather).
I doubt the majority of the delay is are more than the chip shortages. Not saying it couldn't be other things but I am doubtful. Many auto manufacturer's have gone through or are currently experiencing production line pauses because of it. Tesla is highly vertically integrated at this point so I'd find it unlikely and again the fundamental design has not changed so I'm sure most of the parts are still sourced the same and likely the delays caused by chip shortages has reduced demand from Tesla for other suppliers because they simply haven't been producing cars (S/X). But if there was some kind of hang up with a supplier, Tesla would surely find someone else to source a new contract with in the meantime. We had to do this during the pandemic ourselves because a large supplier could not keep up with our demand which tripled overnight. The Suez canal did cause some disruption (even for our company) so that's another possibility.

Also as far as the leather goes, your assumption is wrong there. Tesla announced nearly 4 years ago that all cars that all seat options became vegan and are not leather as part of their shift towards being environmentally friendly. The original switch over to the synthetic material actually started on the X and then the S before the 3 was even out.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and T-Racer
Disclaimer: This is from a phone call from my SA this morning. This is the info he is receiving from his higher-ups. Take it for that...

S:
- website dates are for new orders with Plaid first and LR next
- priority orders will be filled for both LR and Plaid
- he stated that they expect to start shooting out VIN's soon and I could see a VIN near end of next week but no guarantees

X:
- Show Q3 but did not distinguish between "priority" and "new" orders so priorities may be earlier - he is not sure

We have one of each on order.

My trade-in expires May 11th. He stated that an incomplete task list can hurt your delivery so if I do not have a VIN or date by the 11th to just take out the trade-in and put back in later so my account will show all tasks complete. Since it may be a couple months, he took the trade-in off the Model X order so it will show all tasks complete and add in when a VIN appears.

Again, just passing on information rec'd from Tesla. I can neither confirm nor deny it will actually happen.

Disclaimer: This is from a phone call from my SA this morning. This is the info he is receiving from his higher-ups. Take it for that...

S:
- he stated that they expect to start shooting out VIN's soon and I could see a VIN near end of next week but no guarantees

X:
- Show Q3 but did not distinguish between "priority" and "new" orders so priorities may be earlier - he is not sure

My trade-in expires May 11th. He stated that an incomplete task list can hurt your delivery so if I do not have a VIN or date by the 11th to just take out the trade-in and put back in later so my account will show all tasks complete. Since it may be a couple months, he took the trade-in off the Model X order so it will show all tasks complete and add in when a VIN appears.

Again, just passing on information rec'd from Tesla. I can neither confirm nor deny it will actually happen.
That’s some real progress (assuming it’s true)! Thanks for sharing.

Where exactly will we see the VIN when it appears?

Reactions: legend_of_jim

S:

X:

@Hayseed_MS Awesome, thanks for sharing! When did you place your order again?

Because, Tesla has huge capex building the new GF's plus R&D.

No other automotive company is expanding like Tesla.
Too bad that what Tesla is really good at is expanding the truth.

Their timelines for the release of the refreshed S and X were an absolute joke, and continue to be the case.

Elon claims autopilot had no role with the recent crash in Texas... lie.

Elon signs contracts for solar roofs then says - oh - we were off by 70% in our calculations... here's your price increase.

Elon screwed me on my Model S warranty.

I could go on... but his actions speak louder than anyone's words.

S:

X:

Are "priority" orders synonymous with "conversion" orders or something else? I personally consider myself a "priority" for reasons other than Tesla may believe :)

That’s some real progress (assuming it’s true)! Thanks for sharing.

Where exactly will we see the VIN when it appears?

I am not meaning to get any hopes up since this will probably change but it seems like good news and progress. Also not going to post any *sugar* of fake news.

He said the VIN will show up in my account. He said that he will get notice of a VIN being assigned to "his customers" and will call me when it does. He calls me once a week to let mek now things and texts me as well.

@Hayseed_MS Awesome, thanks for sharing! When did you place your order again?

January. Much later than some others, so I will not be before them unless my build just fits Tesla's schedule/logistics better. Many have experience and ideas of how it is done but with Tesla it is always a game and you just never know what they will do. Even their own SA's are not consistent with information. Mine seem to tell me different things than others receive. In a couple of months we will fully know who had the most accurate SA.

Too bad that what Tesla is really good at is expanding the truth.

Their timelines for the release of the refreshed S and X were an absolute joke, and continue to be the case.

Elon claims autopilot had no role with the recent crash in Texas... lie.

Elon signs contracts for solar roofs then says - oh - we were off by 70% in our calculations... here's your price increase.

Elon screwed me on my Model S warranty.

I could go on... but his actions speak louder than anyone's words.
I can't disagree with anything above, but Wall Street don't care as long as they see Alpha...

I think the refresh will cause a major shift of opinion.

They better not screw up CT.

Hi all - Since I'm checking this board regularly for information, I decided to register and share my details in case they're helpful...

Model S LR; MSM+Black; Arachnid wheels
Order Date: Feb 14, 2021
RN1145XXXXX

Several weeks ago the "Estimated Delivery" field said something like March 22-28. It then changed to what it reads currently: "6 - 12 weeks from order placed date"

Truly appreciate all the information, conversation, and conjecture! I've been unable to find any information anywhere on what's going on with my order and, since this is my first Tesla, I'm impatient! My last car was a 2016 BMW 550i which I truly loved. Very curious to see how well the S handles and how it compares overall.
My journey began back in December. I initially ordered the Model S on Dec 16th with an anticipated delivery of January-February. February 1st, I called Tesla and was told, "Oh hey sorry, we stopped making those. You can either update to the newest model, or we'll refund you your $100." I was then given a mid-March delivery timeline and have since heard NOTHING from the company. I'm about to have to reapply for my auto-loan as the 90 days are up. I keep telling myself to be patient but it's wearing a bit. I'm excited nonetheless

My journey began back in December. I initially ordered the Model S on Dec 16th with an anticipated delivery of January-February. February 1st, I called Tesla and was told, "Oh hey sorry, we stopped making those. You can either update to the newest model, or we'll refund you your $100." I was then given a mid-March delivery timeline and have since heard NOTHING from the company. I'm about to have to reapply for my auto-loan as the 90 days are up. I keep telling myself to be patient but it's wearing a bit. I'm excited nonetheless
Welcome to the best place for MS refresh updates! 😂

I'd hold off on reapplying for an auto loan. My SA told me I'd have two weeks to dot "i's" and cross "t's" - insurance, financing and so forth.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Same boat here, my load application with Alliant has already expired. I'm considering just paying cash to avoid another credit check :(