Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is refresh on the right? It looks like silver door handles? Or is the “new” not a refresh?
If you click on the photo and zoom, you can see the round steering wheel on the right one, and the new horizontal display sticking out of the center of the dash on the left. Probably a yoke on the left since you can't see that steering wheel.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
How many folks here have submitted trade-in and payment/financing info? I’d been waiting until they actually started delivering cars, but now I’m wondering if that will end up having me farther back in the line than people who submitted those things earlier?

How many folks here have submitted trade-in and payment/financing info? I’d been waiting until they actually started delivering cars, but now I’m wondering if that will end up having me farther back in the line than people who submitted those things earlier?
Priority for matching orders will go to folks that have all their to-dos (trade, financing, insurance) handled. You can say you have no trade and are doing a cash transaction for now, and go back and change later, when they actually start deliveries.

Reactions: T-Racer and elguapo
Open chrome, right click and select "view source" control/command +f and type "fromadmin" and see if it says "=true"
Looking at the source there is this change.

""Full Self-Driving will be added to your monthly payments. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle."

Looks like they upgraded the code to allow for FSD subscriptions to be enabled from the configuration page.

Perhaps the delivery date was just a red herring.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Tigers
I can't submit my insurance policy info until I have a VIN. Kind of a catch 22.

I can't submit my insurance policy info until I have a VIN. Kind of a catch 22.
It’s not needed to get a vin and Tesla doesn’t use it until the day you go pick up the car to register your new Tesla. But if you really want to add your insurance, I’ve done this with my 2 previous Tesla’s and have done with the s refresh, just add the information from your current car including the policy #. When you get the vin 1-2 weeks before delivery you’ll have plenty of time to update with the new insurance you’ll need for the S. The insurance part is more like a placeholder until you go pick up the car.

Looking at the source there is this change.

""Full Self-Driving will be added to your monthly payments. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle."

Looks like they upgraded the code to allow for FSD subscriptions to be enabled from the configuration page.

Perhaps the delivery date was just a red herring.
That is interesting, curious how close they are to releasing the sub

New post on Reddit with old and new MSM side-by-side.

Good pic but the angle seems distorted slightly - almost makes the front end of the refresh look crooked. Hard to scale either of them in these pics.

Is a good comparison for overall looks and I like the refresh better - it looks sportier and classier to me. I like both but that pics helped sell me on the refresh.

Should have been two blue ones - but at least they were not red. :D