Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you Trev, that's good info. I'm curious what someone could do with my RN? The VIN on my current vehicle is visible through the windshield. I wonder if I should cover it up?
I understand that this question is only vaguely related to the headline topic. Thank you for indulging me.
Also! Where is the "Like" button on this page? I want to give your response a Thumbs Up.

Wouldn’t 1149 be made after 1148, not before?
Not necessarily. Back in the day, the reservation number was pretty a sequential counter, but Tesla built cars out of order based on config, delivery geography, etc and folks would get cranky--why did they get their car before me, when I have a lower number. With the introduction of the 3, they went to the new format. RN tells you something about your place in line, not not your order of production.

Reactions: croman and GrnSqrl
The RN is an encoded number much like VIN--the first four digits seem kinda sequential but not in the way you described: RN1149xxxx is probably made before RN1148xxxx but that's about all you can tell. No one is really sure how it is encoded and Tesla is not talking. One reason is obscure the final digits is to avoid mischief, for example, someone calling Tesla, pretending to be you and cancelling your order.
"Omar Sultan" is a great handle for someone who gives good advice. Thanks for the reply! Calling Tesla just to cancel my order sounds exactly like something my ex-wife would do. She did it with my Direct TV service and Netflix after the big D. lol

I came to a realization. Though things get a little crazy here I do not believe I have found a reliable online platform for accurate information. The phrase customers are confirming delivery dates results in a full published story.
I just removed a bunch of places I checked daily. I’m sticking with this forum. Here instead of reporting useless information we just go off topic.
keep it up!

My SA in Los Angeles told me last week, that on Monday I would finally be getting a delivery timeframe on my account page this last Monday (May 10th).
Still nothing except I now have the "-" whereas before I just had "We will reach out to you".
I ordered Oct 2020 long before refresh, and am RN1141. I guess I should be jumping up and down that I got a dash. #1stTesla #Nuts
You and I are in the exact same situation (some month, same RN, also in LA). I texted my SA yesterday and got nothing in return. I also recently got the "-" on my account page. I'm starting to get really frustrated.

The RN is an encoded number much like VIN--the first four digits seem kinda sequential but not in the way you described: RN1149xxxx is probably made before RN1148xxxx but that's about all you can tell. No one is really sure how it is encoded and Tesla is not talking. One reason is obscure the final digits is to avoid mischief, for example, someone calling Tesla, pretending to be you and cancelling your order.

Yes it works. I called Tesla and told them I forgot my exact RN so please cancel all numbers starting with RN1142. She said okay and that it would done by the morning. That should get me a few spots closer to the front...

I am RN1145 for a 2/15 order. BTW, my "6 - 12 weeks from order placed date" delivery expectation finally became the "big lie" as of this past Monday. I used to think I was special since so many of you report either having no delivery date or the slightly more concise "-" delivery date. Sigh.