Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha. Just for the Mods...my account still says July. Not sure about the fake email, but it seems many others have recently received texts & emails very similar to what @ModernS posted, so sorry, I had to respond in my own interpretation, lol. 😂

Oh, I guess I missed the post where someone not on Twitter trying to get clicks got the email.

I get the same god damn text every single week "while we wait for your vin..." Gets my hopes up each time.

Well, my SA hasn't responded to my last 2 emails, so don't feel too blessed.
Do a little research and try to find your REGIONAL MANAGER. Get his/her email address and send an e-mail to the RM. I almost guarantee you'll get a response. ;) The local SA's are just about COMPLETELY USELESS.

If I worked at Tesla, I would recommend FIRING ALL of them (or at least RETRAINING ALL of them) and start an entirely NEW Corporate employee structure and of course, I would create a new Media Relations/PR Dept to put out weekly press releases and all new information as well as have a new acting President or CEO who does all the talking and press time while the genius that is Elon Musk works behind the scenes doing his thing! The time for arrogance and apathy would be GONE!

It would be about quality control, more high-end luxury interiors, more choices, top notch customer service, customer satisfaction, customer retention, transparency, competitive advantages, cutting edge technology, high performance, AND an UNDER-PROMISING BUT OVER-DELIVERING mentality while the quirky nonsense of "ludicrous mode" and "plaid" and farting noises for the horn would be a thing of the past! Basically, it's time for Tesla Motors to grow up and actually act and perform like an $800 Billion, worldwide company that they are.

Last edited:
View attachment 661758
From Twitter, 5/10 @huddster2
This is complete bull shot. They could have had a million orders post refresh but for those of us that ordered months ago and were given March or earlier delivery dates it really doesn’t matter how many orders they have. Just complete misdirection. 🤦🏻‍♂️

4 years / 50k miles
I have the extended Service Contract on my 2018 MS 100D (38k miles) with FSD which has free supercharging for life. So worth keeping as a travel car. Trade in is only 50k+
As I recall, my extended service contract has some nice features.
1. Transferrable
2. It is fully refundable before it is in effect (within the initial warranty period.)
3. Prorated refund after it is in effect.
Found a thread where I posted a copy of my agreement.
Link to thread:

This should be helpful for the decision process.
Here are screenshots (9 pages) of the contract I purchased for $4,250 ~September 2018 for my March 2018 Model S 100D - your contract may be different:
View attachment 363947 View attachment 363948 View attachment 363949 View attachment 363950 View attachment 363951 View attachment 363952 View attachment 363953 View attachment 363954 View attachment 363955

I'm kinda torn on the color. I ordered red because I have never owned a red car. I saw last years model in the showroom and fell in love with that shade of red. I can't order white because my last car was white, and I drove it for 17 years. Black is never an option because keeping it clean is ridiculous. So grey and blue...

I have not seen either of them in person. The blue on the website looks too vibrant. If was more muted or darker, I would be all in. I just can't see ordering a color sight unseen. Same goes for the grey. I wish I could see it.

The interior I saw at the showroom was tan and I loved it, but all of my vehicles have darker interiors, and 2k for a color change seems excessive. So I chose black, but every passing day has me wishing I picked tan.

I just hope I don't regret buying a car without seeing all the options in person. This is going to be a frustrating several months.
I had 2020 MS Red color with black interior. It’s awesome. Went with same options for refreshed S. If this is your first purchase, you won’t regret…

Reactions: AnselmDante
Oh, I guess I missed the post where someone not on Twitter trying to get clicks got the email.

I get the same god damn text every single week "while we wait for your vin..." Gets my hopes up each time.

But since Teslarti made an article around this note - it must be real...:rolleyes:
I just know mine will be delivered by lunch today.

She's beautiful!! I do love those rims, even better than the new arachnid wheels on the refreshed MS!

Me too.

I have had 2 Model S’ that I ordered with 21” wheels. On the 2nd one I got so tired of the harsh ride and short tread wear and noise and most range that I bought a set of those 19” wheels.

Have never ever once missed the 21” wheels and will never have them again.

Last edited:
Just curious - why'd you decide a LR over a Plaid given you had a Perf + Ludicrous? Just decided you don't want/need the extra power?

Good question. I have had every iteration from the 3rd AP1 S85d off the line to the first deliveries of AP2 S100D's to the first deliveries of the Raven Refresh S100D's.

Unless you have an innate need to "peacock" or you go to the track to run times....the performance model S' are nothing more than a waste of range. I don't knock those that want to have red calipers and jump off the line from time to time...I did it....but it is 100% not worth the extra $$$ and extra insurance. 0-60 on the new Palladium LR will beat "almost" every car on the market and more than enough to satisfy everyday drivers.

I sure am glad there are those that do buy the performance models (I did) because they do help the purses at Tesla with the extra profit on each one sold.

Bottom line for me is range and $40k less cost are more important to me than red calipers and the ability to occasionally throw a peace sign in the rearview mirror off the line. LOL LOL

Finally?

"Now several customers told Electrek that their Tesla advisors have confirmed delivery dates in early June."

Anyone here?
They are quoting an email that says "we currently don’t have an estimated delivery date for you".

HOW does that translate to Deliveries next month? I am as excited at the next guy but that is pretty poor journalism.

They are quoting an email that says "we currently don’t have an estimated delivery date for you".

HOW does that translate to Deliveries next month? I am as excited at the next guy but that is pretty poor journalism.

I wasn't aware it was referencing that what seems like a fake email... This was from this morning and mentioned "confirmed" dates so I guess I thought it was diff... 'sigh'

Good question. I have had every iteration from the 3rd AP1 S85d off the line to the first deliveries of AP2 S100D's to the first deliveries of the Raven Refresh S100D's.

Unless you have an innate need to "peacock" or you go to the track to run times....the performance model S' are nothing more than a waste of range. I don't knock those that want to have red calipers and jump off the line from time to time...I did it....but it is 100% not worth the extra $$$ and extra insurance. 0-60 on the new Palladium LR will beat "almost" every car on the market and more than enough to satisfy everyday drivers.

I sure am glad there are those that do buy the performance models (I did) because they do help the purses at Tesla with the extra profit on each one sold.

Bottom line for me is range and $40k less cost are more important to me than red calipers and the ability to occasionally throw a peace sign in the rearview mirror off the line. LOL LOL
Not that I could afford a $120K car, but for a few minor interior differences and 0.8 seconds off the 0-60, $40K did seem a little steep.

While I agree with the philosophy of getting the longest range, Tesla has broken the current model as to which is the true long range. The Plaid+ looks to have an incredible range, although when it gets released I'll be curious to see whether the LR will get the same pack to extend it's range as well.

Now I just wish Tesla would correct their range estimates to be more accurate. The fact that they recommend draining past zero to get the full range is inherently flawed and counter to what they recommend for battery management health. That "reserve" should also be changed to show range in a "limp" mode as opposed to guessing how far one can push it. If it ends up flashing on the screen incessantly - that's fine by me.

Reactions: sflgator