Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not locked for editing when others are editing. I noticed cursor/tabs moving when I looked. My info is 80% correct, but in CA and July date.
I suggest that when you create a row for your reservation that you protect that row so that only you or @omarsultan can edit. To do this:

1) Click in the leftmost cell with your row number
2) Right-Click and choose Protect range
3) In the dialog, provide your TMC name and click on the Set Permissions button
4) Uncheck everyone except for Omar and add yourself as an editor for the row

but it immediately made a noticeable dent in Tesla sales.
Huh?

They sell EVERY car they make and continue to make more cars every quarter. I wouldn't trade my Y for 3 EV Mustangs. How do you figure that the handful they sold somehow made any dent much less a noticeable dent in Tesla sales?

The biggest thing I think this spreadsheet is missing is original order date.

I originally ordered on 1/15, and I'm 2/14 for confirmed refresh. Anecdotally, it seems that everyone who ordered pre-refresh still has a dash for their delivery date, and folks who ordered post announcement have the July dates (at the earliest).

However, you can't deduce this from the spreadsheet, because I put myself down for 2/14 as my order confirmed date. It looks like I'm in a different class than people who ordered at the end of January, confirmed in February, and have a delivery date of July. Would love to see pre-annoucement vs post-announcement in this spreadsheet.

Motion to add "original order date" to the spreadsheet?

The biggest thing I think this spreadsheet is missing is original order date.

I originally ordered on 1/15, and I'm 2/14 for confirmed refresh. Anecdotally, it seems that everyone who ordered pre-refresh still has a dash for their delivery date, and folks who ordered post announcement have the July dates (at the earliest).

However, you can't deduce this from the spreadsheet, because I put myself down for 2/14 as my order confirmed date. It looks like I'm in a different class than people who ordered at the end of January, confirmed in February, and have a delivery date of July. Would love to see pre-annoucement vs post-announcement in this spreadsheet.

Motion to add "original order date" to the spreadsheet?
Perhaps we are talking the same thing--my original intent was to capture the date on your Motor Vehicle Order Agreement--that is the point you "get in line".

Perhaps we are talking the same thing--my original intent was to capture the date on your Motor Vehicle Order Agreement--that is the point you "get in line".
I think what is important is the originally accepted order date for your current reservation. It looks like some people have made significant changes that caused their RN# to change. This effectively is a new order, right? So maybe the date is not that important and the RN# (sort?) is really the biggest factor.

I think what is important is the originally accepted order date for your current reservation. It looks like some people have made significant changes that caused their RN# to change. This effectively is a new order, right? So maybe the date is not that important and the RN# (sort?) is really the biggest factor.
Fair point - folks that have gotten a new RN, did you get a new order agreement too?

Reactions: T-Racer
WAG - Wild Ass Guess

I mean, assuming Tesla has any type of actual system in place on how they are ordering these reservations (big if), then based on what we've seen so far, just guessing the August slots are the first to be filled up, with the rest of us jerks coming after that for various reasons (location being one big one).

No idea - but it is Tesla. Also - they could just have a list of reservation numbers printed out on the wall with a monkey wearing a blind fold throwing darts at them. Whichever the monkey hits with a dart gets "August". Finally - who really cares because these estimates are probably just as accurate as the "July" some of us have had for almost 2 months.
You may be onto something there. That’s what the neuralink monkeys have been doing so far.

@Tigers Can you check whether "isFromAdminTool" value set to TRUE in your page code??

My page shows below -
"DeliveryDetails":
{"Delivery":false,
"DeliveryEstimateDate":
{"expectedDelivery":"Estimated delivery",
"copyOverride":"Estimated Delivery: 10 - 14 weeks from order placed date",
"isFromAdminTool":false
},
"DefaultDateAndTime":"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.",
"hasAutoPilot":true,
"hasSelfDriving":true,
}

Unless the estimated delivery is from AdminTool, I dont' think we can expect the delivery estimate changes to be genuine.

Thoughts??
My dash has disappeared. Interestingly, my isFromAdminTool changed from false to true.

","isFromAdminTool":true},"DefaultDateAndTime":"We will reach out to you to schedule your..."