Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account still shows August and I fully expect that to remain like that until June. Then perhaps, maybe if I’m lucky, I’ll get a VIN in June for a July delivery. I’ve been told that I should get a VIN approx 3 weeks before delivery. S Florida - ordered 2/5/21 - MS Plaid - white w/ white/black interior/carbon fiber, 21” wheels, & FSD

Reactions: DLCT
I was wondering about that also...
Back in the day, circa 2012 and 2013, they transported the Ss in covered tractor trailers. They stopped that at some point before the X came out, maybe sometime in 2014, probably because those trailers don’t hold enough cars and are more expensive.

Now, yes, they just throw protective coverings on key areas and truck or train them wherever.

Signature red is also so nice. My favorite color of any car.
Very true. It’s a classic color. I hope they bring it back for the Roadster where they’re still doing Founder, etc. That said, I’d rather spend $150k on a Plaid+ with some functionality than $200k for a “base” roadster that doesn’t even have a convertible.

I digress though, and would never want to take us off topic!

Reactions: Drew-MS
It's not. During the close up at around 3:52 you can watch the sunlight track across the trunk and see there is no seams for a wing.
It also appears that some have the carbon fiber spoiler (which we know is Plaid). My hunch is that the active wing is only for Plaid Plus, Plaid gets carbon fiber spoiler, and LR gets nothing.

Was 10-14 weeks at purchase, then June 22-30 when it refreshed yesterday, and now back to August this morning. I wish they'd stop playing with my emotions!
Same. Was 10-14 weeks then June 22-30 as of Friday. Now this morning I’m actually BLANK!! I don’t know why I let them do this to me….every morning I tell myself ‘don’t click it, you’re most likely going to be disappointed and confused” but then I still click refresh

It also appears that some have the carbon fiber spoiler (which we know is Plaid). My hunch is that the active wing is only for Plaid Plus, Plaid gets carbon fiber spoiler, and LR gets nothing.

I'm buying the carbon fiber spoiler for my peasant long range just because I think the backend needs something else to help make it pop.

Also, I still do not have any delivery information text at all. Groovy.

I'm buying the carbon fiber spoiler for my peasant long range just because I think the backend needs something else to help make it pop.

Also, I still do not have any delivery information text at all. Groovy.
Look elsewhere online for the same cf spoiler for less $$ ...they're just stuck on w/ 3M tape anyway. I'm getting a Plaid so it comes with it, but I would agree, it needs a rear lip spoiler. 👍

Reactions: HA3AP and Drew-MS