Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought everyone would be more excited.

I, for one, would like to hear a breakdown of some of the primary features of this expensive ass car I'm buying. I know what the old model s can do and while that was a great car and certainly should historically be remembered as one of the most innovative ever, I'd like that damn call we never had.

I put my $100 down under the assumption we would get details, so bring them on. Doesn't need to be 2 hours, but at least give us a quick rundown of the things we can't see and also how the hell you put it in drive.

Regardless of all of this, finally some real progress so we can get this show on the road. Hope they don't reschedule it. Was sort of hoping it would be next week.

It is exciting to finally see the vehicle and get the explanation. The fact that it was promised 3 months ago and no one has given any good (or even consistent) information since - it is hard to get excited just to be let down. And if his twitter date of June 3rd is anything like other Tesla dates - it will be moved, changed, deleted, restated, deleted again, moved, and then a final tweet from Elon stating that "I am just as excited as you are to see what the vehicle does when it comes out".

It is exciting to finally see the vehicle and get the explanation. The fact that it was promised 3 months ago and no one has given any good (or even consistent) information since - it is hard to get excited just to be let down. And if his twitter date of June 3rd is anything like other Tesla dates - it will be moved, changed, deleted, restated, deleted again, moved, and then a final tweet from Elon stating that "I am just as excited as you are to see what the vehicle does when it comes out".

I see you've moved back to stage 4...

To be fair, once he has given a specific date for a product presentation that is so close to the current day, I don't believe he's ever moved it.

We know they have some cars built, so there shouldn't be any real reason they can't hand out a few and go over the details.

I thought everyone would be more excited.

I, for one, would like to hear a breakdown of some of the primary features of this expensive ass car I'm buying. I know what the old model s can do and while that was a great car and certainly should historically be remembered as one of the most innovative ever, I'd like that damn call we never had.

I put my $100 down under the assumption we would get details, so bring them on. Doesn't need to be 2 hours, but at least give us a quick rundown of the things we can't see and also how the hell you put it in drive.

Treat it with some respect like the other product launches.

Regardless of all of this, finally some real progress so we can get this show on the road. Hope they don't reschedule it. Was sort of hoping it would be next week.
Tesla did this to themselves. I am extremely excited about getting my first Tesla. After following the development of this car, moving delivery dates, lack of information, losing financing (thanks for that advice SA), and lining up the sale of one of my vehicles twice only to not be able to execute, I really can't get too excited about any dates Tesla gives anymore. I want to be excited, I simply don't believe them until I see it. Assign my VIN and I will be appropriately excited.

Tesla did this to themselves. I am extremely excited about getting my first Tesla. After following the development of this car, moving delivery dates, lack of information, losing financing (thanks for that advice SA), and lining up the sale of one of my vehicles twice only to not be able to execute, I really can't get too excited about any dates Tesla gives anymore. I want to be excited, I simply don't believe them until I see it. Assign my VIN and I will be appropriately excited.

No I understand. They need to clean up their behavior and processes. Just wanted to state that they don't usually change dates for product presentations. There should be no reason to.

Within the last hour, my date of June 1-30 has been taken and this was left in its place...
1621514085019.png

Within the last hour, my date of June 1-30 has been taken and this was left in its place...
View attachment 664121
Same here. Woke up to the news of deliveries to start from June 3rd, checked out the flyover which suggested those with MSM’s, Blue, and Black were looking favorite. Then Elon’s neuralink monkey went to work and changed my 1-30 June to August…given with one hand, quickly taken away by the ape…hoping it pings back to June or July and this August Pong is wrong… MS LR, MSM, Black, Arachnids, ordered 2/5, RN 1144.

Is this a big stunt to counter Ford and Biden? Do you think Elon invited his buddy Biden?

No, well, unless it includes the cybertruck.

But no this is how tesla usually does it. They create the first cars, do a presentation on what's in them and then they deliver some to the VIPs or employees. This is exactly the next step that we've been waiting to see.

I posted the videos a bit back but they did this with the model x and model 3 as well.

No, well, unless it includes the cybertruck.

But no this is how tesla usually does it. They create the first cars, do a presentation on what's in them and then they deliver some to the VIPs or employees. This is exactly the next step that we've been waiting to see.

I posted the videos a bit back but they did this with the model x and model 3 as well.

Roughly how long between the presentation and actual deliveries? You mentioned something about the M3 presentation before?