Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True - but the overall point remains: for those waiting on the tax credit - just know Biden is trying to hold it for only household incomes of $249,999. IDK how many of you are in that boat, but I won't be waiting (which I figured would the case all along). Short-sighted of Biden, but whatevs.
Don't get me started! Seems that his number for everything and it's a little exhausting. That said, I wasn't aware of the potential credit, I just think the car is cool!

Reactions: T-Racer and Tigers
If, on the low end, you are buying an $80K car (before taxes) with less than $250k a year coming in...you're either a poser or are making a huge financial mistake.

I'm relatively young - not married and have no kids nor a mortgage - no chance in hell I'd even bother looking at this car below $250K.
I guess I'm a poser 😄 age 27 graduate student working on MSN paying cash. no income. gotta bring that average down somehow right?

I'd say the key difference is: For the model 3, they didn't know how to really manufacture it. For the Model S this time around, it seems more like getting the final design details/parts in.

@james912 - I remember the first time I drove a Tesla (Model 3, 2018 LR RWD) and the acceleration made me giggle uncontrollably. It's not just the pure speed, but it is how the power is delivered: quiet, linear, like a ride at theme park.

Then, I got a loaner P85D Model S and even though it was 5 years old or so, man, I pushed that accelerator down and it was like blacking out, but also extremely hilarious. I just remember thinking, holy ****, there's no way this should be legal.
That’s exactly the reason a Tesla is special. You hit the gas and you smile. It’s instant power in a quiet cabin with technology that is so far ahead of the competition.
I have a 19’ m5 with over 600+ HP and yes the cars a beast but when you take off it doesn’t have that same feeling as when you take off in a Tesla. I have a model 3 performance and that sucker is insanely fun to drive.

first time buyers, have a little bit of patience because once you receive your Tesla you will LOVE it. Others in the tread have mentioned similar stories coming from all sorts of different brands. Once they go to a Tesla they fall in love.

Reactions: sflgator
As a first timer, my biggest complaint has been the SA communication. I had always admired Tesla’s but never seriously looked at them nor followed Tesla’s manufacturing patterns. When I put the deposit down online and promptly spoke to an SA back in pre-refresh January, I was made to believe my car would be ready in 2-3 weeks. There was no “this is just a reservation” talk or hey by the way our factory shut down last month. My SA invited me to come test drive the following week and made it feel just like any other car I bought (he then cancelled the test drive). Then the large period of silence, and this board has helped me navigate the Tesla culture and understand better. Thank you all for that. But when I reach out to my SA now after renewing my Trade in for the fourth time, he is all “you didn’t buy a car, you just made a reservation“. He says, I talk to a lot of upset people who don’t realize, its only $100 and you will get it when you get it. He said he thinks we are ridiculous. That is fine, but he should have said that the first time he called to welcome me to the family. He originally made me feel like I bought a car that I would get in a few weeks. Now 4 months later, I am on earnings calls, twitter, this board trying to figure out what the hell is going on while being nice to him to not get screwed in the queue that he openly doesn't know or care about. As a by product I have learned way too much about Crypto. I am comforted by the people who say once you get it you will forget this, because this is the first thing I have put up with this much sugar for and didn’t walk. I just used the word sugar so I must officially be Tesla dude. Sorry for the long text and thanks to everyone‘s posts. Here is to a Tesla this summer, and hopefully not while I am on vacation…..

Hope you guys are doing well. I haven’t checked this thread in a while since I canceled my Plaid order a few weeks ago. Figured I’d check to see if there’s any progress as I’m still intrigued by the Plaid/Plaid+. As a first time potential buyer, I just couldn’t go along with waiting and waiting with no end in sight. Tesla really needs to improve the way it handles business and customer care.

In the meantime, really enjoying my Taycan Turbo, which went from purchase in Vancouver to delivery in Calgary in 10 days.
Looks great and drives great with exceptional quality and handling. BUT, it would be cool if you could report to us your experiences with real-world range on the Taycan Turbo (or Turbo S...whichever you have), especially with some occassional "spirited" driving. Are you getting 200 mi max range? 220 mi max range? 250 mi max range? Or more? I mean, I think the Porsche/Audi EVs will be SO much better if/when they implement their supposed new architechure and batteries with supposed > 300 mi range. I couldn't justify spending $140k - $170k+ on an EV likely with LESS max battery range than my 250 mi. max range of the Jaguar I-Pace EV. No way, no how. I feel very comfortable with 350 mi. max battery range on my new Tesla MS Plaid with 21" wheels (and guessing that number could go up later with s/w updates and/or the new, special Michelin EV tires).

Reactions: james912
That’s exactly the reason a Tesla is special. You hit the gas and you smile. It’s instant power in a quiet cabin with technology that is so far ahead of the competition.
I have a 19’ m5 with over 600+ HP and yes the cars a beast but when you take off it doesn’t have that same feeling as when you take off in a Tesla. I have a model 3 performance and that sucker is insanely fun to drive.

first time buyers, have a little bit of patience because once you receive your Tesla you will LOVE it. Others in the tread have mentioned similar stories coming from all sorts of different brands. Once they go to a Tesla they fall in love.
I agree with this sentiment completely. I was always a German sports sedan guy...2011 M3, 2014 M3, (F150 between these two for a year...don't ask) 2018 C63 AMG and that Benz is a monster. I drove my future father-in-laws 2019 Model S and I was DONE! My Benz goes back in October and I am just hoping my September date holds now! 🤞

Hope you guys are doing well. I haven’t checked this thread in a while since I canceled my Plaid order a few weeks ago. Figured I’d check to see if there’s any progress as I’m still intrigued by the Plaid/Plaid+. As a first time potential buyer, I just couldn’t go along with waiting and waiting with no end in sight. Tesla really needs to improve the way it handles business and customer care.

In the meantime, really enjoying my Taycan Turbo, which went from purchase in Vancouver to delivery in Calgary in 10 days.
What an absolute beautiful car man. I test drove one a couple weeks ago while I was angrily waiting for the model s and comparing it to my m5 and the model 3 performance I preferred to stand pat and wait on the model s. Don’t get me wrong the Porsche was awesome but the supercharger network, the tesla app which controls everything on the car, more range and better performance I couldn’t jump ship until other EV’s catch up at least with the infrastructure. my girl on the other hand doesn’t care about stuff like that, just the design, she was all about getting the Porsche hahaha last night in bed she goes you know what car would look good in the garage ….. the Porsche smh

As a first timer, my biggest complaint has been the SA communication. I had always admired Tesla’s but never seriously looked at them nor followed Tesla’s manufacturing patterns. When I put the deposit down online and promptly spoke to an SA back in pre-refresh January, I was made to believe my car would be ready in 2-3 weeks. There was no “this is just a reservation” talk or hey by the way our factory shut down last month. My SA invited me to come test drive the following week and made it feel just like any other car I bought (he then cancelled the test drive). Then the large period of silence, and this board has helped me navigate the Tesla culture and understand better. Thank you all for that. But when I reach out to my SA now after renewing my Trade in for the fourth time, he is all “you didn’t buy a car, you just made a reservation“. He says, I talk to a lot of upset people who don’t realize, its only $100 and you will get it when you get it. He said he thinks we are ridiculous. That is fine, but he should have said that the first time he called to welcome me to the family. He originally made me feel like I bought a car that I would get in a few weeks. Now 4 months later, I am on earnings calls, twitter, this board trying to figure out what the hell is going on while being nice to him to not get screwed in the queue that he openly doesn't know or care about. As a by product I have learned way too much about Crypto. I am comforted by the people who say once you get it you will forget this, because this is the first thing I have put up with this much sugar for and didn’t walk. I just used the word sugar so I must officially be Tesla dude. Sorry for the long text and thanks to everyone‘s posts. Here is to a Tesla this summer, and hopefully not while I am on vacation…..
That’s a god awful SA, but don’t let the experience with such a shitty rep ruin the whole experience with Tesla. The cars are worth the wait even if along the way Tesla kicks us around a little bit.
And I thought my SA was awful lol you definitely have the worse I’ve read about

1621533596101.png

Too many variables into this of course. More than likely a bunch of retired old farts with lower incomes, but massive savings. Living (and working) in modest middle America with 2 kids, I can't see someone affording this car making less than 250K. Unless they have a heavy downpayment. Otherwise its probably not the best decision. $1500 car payment (at least mine) is a large chunk of most incomes.
According to the data, old farts is the target audience for the S. My payment will be $800 a month.

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers and PWRUP