Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All right folks, here’s the most recent Gabe flyover available for you to check out the hundreds of MS LR and dozens of Plaid (I guess :). Enjoy counting and picking yours out from the inventory. A few red and white but mostly MSM, Black, Blue.

Looks like no model s on the trucks at all, a few rows lined up but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be put on a truck (maybe just for space)...

All right folks, here’s the most recent Gabe flyover available for you to check out the hundreds of MS LR and dozens of Plaid (I guess :). Enjoy counting and picking yours out from the inventory. A few red and white but mostly MSM, Black, Blue.
Speculation: Current Model S delays result from a software bug that causes spontaneous opening of the trunk while vehicle is stationary....

Did anyone notice all of the trunks that are open at around the 1:05 mark? It looks like they must be working on them in the yard. Anyone care to speculate on what is going on there?

After my Model X LR was delayed to late 2021, I ordered the Plaid Model S today after seeing the June delivery. I’ve been car-less for the 4 months or so, so getting a car ASAP was the goal. I owned a Model S before so I don’t mind the change from the X to the S. As of now, my delivery is June but we will see what happens.
No offense but I will be offended (by Tesla) if you get your MS Plaid before me and others who ordered in early Feb or earlier. My Tesla Acct still says August. Not understanding any of it but let’s see what happens.

Yes, I agree you sound cynical. It's not like they are halting production for the "off months" (oh wait, with the exception of December until now!). The logistics for delivery may indeed prioritize some locations over others (as indicated on the website regarding delivery priority). But it's not like deliveries only happen 4 months out of the year. It might only seem that way because there is always an end of the quarter push (assuming there are cars to push!).
That’s what I was told when I walked into the Tesla store today. Just repeating what I was told, and given what I’m seeing on people posting on the spreadsheet and my last delivery it’s starting to make sense.

Yes, assuming we can extrapolate from the 142 or so orders in the spreadsheet as a representative sampling, 83% are LR and only 15% Plaid (remainder Plaid++). Those of us who are a bit more optimistic think they will easily fulfill the Plaid orders quickly (perhaps even by end of June). Doesn't make sense that they would hold off LR until September. Demand just does not appear to be that high for the Plaid (at least relative to LR).
So, again, they will be producing the LRs as soon as they can and shipping them to god knows where, but at least for Sherman Oaks I was told if you don’t get it in June expect September.

Presumably when they catch up to orders it will be first in first out but until then it’s maximize deliveries each quarter.

Reactions: FlatSix911
No offense but I will be offended (by Tesla) if you get your MS Plaid before me and others who ordered in early Feb or earlier. My Tesla Acct still says August. Not understanding any of it but let’s see what happens.
Same here, estimated delivery August while brand new orders are June..
This situation is beyond confusing and annoying.