Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo....just checked the reservation page but stopped short of "Order Now". I'm not the first to do this, but here is what I found just now.

Order details:

Plaid
19"
RMC
Tan/wood interior
No FSD

Estimated Delivery, JUNE!

How can this be? The LR's are Sept/Oct

I don't think it would be June, but if it turned out to be November I would cancel.
Maybe the Sept/Oct for LR is part of Tesla’s strategy. Try to get as many LR as possible to switch to Plaid.. and then LR will magically switch to July ..
Edit: maybe not, now plaid is showing August/ Sept..please just shoot me

I've been checking mine at least 1 time per hour when I'm not sleeping (and of course, checking right before going to bed and first thing when I get up) lol Something is wrong with me...
Something is wrong with all of us. It is a good thing that we are here for each other. Some day we will be able to kick this habit.

Among the countless flaws with this theory is that Elon Musk said last month that they can't make the 4680 batteries reliably now but he is "confident" they will be available "next year." There actually isn't any evidence for your theory. The much more likely reason that Plaid+ is not available is that there is no such thing and Tesla does not know if they can make a car with anywhere near the gaudy stats they advertised for Plaid+. Reasonable business people would make a product and then advertise its performance stats, not the other way around.

The June 3 event will be for Elon to reiterate how great the Plaid is because it goes to 60 mph in less than 2 seconds when you subtract rollout.
I'm new here,. .but it seems some would denigrate a relatively new production technology with minutia instead of praising the monumental effort to help save the planet. On the other hand, this is the new society that has everything figured out,.. except how to eat for personal and planet health.

Reactions: T-Racer

Attachments

• FE519FD8-541C-4A7F-B9D9-BEC222BDC42E.png
    FE519FD8-541C-4A7F-B9D9-BEC222BDC42E.png
    641.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
Are people really willing to pay an additional $40k to receive their Model S 6 weeks earlier(plus get the extras)?
I’m not sure if I’m willing to pay the additional $40K, but I am willing to pay $100 for the thrill of seeing a June delivery on my account.

I now have twin Model S cars on order. LR and Plaid. Clearly, I only intend on purchasing one vehicle. It makes you wonder what percentage of the orders actually have committed buyers. When you look at the low initial deposit of $100 and consider the wait times and the poor communication from Tesla, I’m pretty sure the number of real committed buyers is a fraction of what Tesla has on their books.

This is great news for everyone here patiently waiting, because when those phantom orders disappear we all get our cars that much sooner.

Last edited:
This thread is out of control. Way too much supposition and defending of points of view without supportable basis.

So. Let me add to the speculation. :)

Plaid+ will become a limited edition vehicle with two unique color choices of exterior and interior. Only those who have orders in already can opt in. It will have the active spoiler and will be the halo car until the Roadster makes it into production. It’s closer to reality methinks than the Roadster. Which I saw on Sunday. Damn. Thing is stunning.

I say this only cuz I have a + reservation and am hoping not be screwed on 6/3. :)

I get this guy is being helpful but perhaps our SAs or their bots (or monkeys) stop texting about us buying non existing accessories and be proactive and text out a “hey, thanks for being patient, getting closer, we haven’t forgotten your $2,000, we are sorry for making you update trade 4 times but our website will be inoperable for the next week, stay tuned for more details on June 3rd”. F anyone making a customer feel bad about asking what’s going on with a delivery.

Reactions: cubsnlinux
I’m not sure if I’m willing to pay the additional $40K, but I am willing to pay $100 for the thrill of seeing a June delivery on my account.

I now have twin Model S cars on order. LR and Plaid. Clearly, I only intend on purchasing one vehicle. It makes you wonder what percentage of the orders actually have committed buyers. When you look at the low initial deposit of $100 and consider the wait times and the poor communication from Tesla, I’m pretty sure the number of real committed buyers is a fraction of what Tesla has on their books.

This is great news for everyone here patiently waiting, because when those phantom orders disappear we all get our cars that much sooner.
When should we expect the phantom orders to disappear?

Reactions: Drew-MS