Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know about the Civic, but the lane keeping on a 2019 Accord is laughable, and very poor on a 2019 MB 560. A 130k car.

My AP1 car does have an occasional affinity to become one with K walls and some semi trucks, but otherwise stays centered in the lane and no phantom braking.

Note how I spelled braking.
Well, I’ll just say this about the 2019 Civic. It’s ACC is just as good as my 2015 MS and my 2017 SL450, and the lane keeping is far better than the SL and almost par with the 2015 Tesla. For most missions it’s perfectly fine although just like Tesla you have to be alert.

I noticed that too about wanting to snuggle semis. I have great faith in Tesla’s AP but for some reason it just cozies up to literally the last thing you want to buddy up to. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Interesting Marketwatch.com article on autonomous driving and FSD was recently published. Definitely worth the read.
6FBCDDEF-B889-44E9-939C-D7E1630800F7.jpeg

It’s time for Elon Musk to start telling the truth about autonomous driving

Last edited:
A big improvement. But could have been slower, like I did for the Roadster.

BTW, I trolled the entire garage when I went to Peterson last Thursday. No joy on any Plaids...
That is a slick car. I presume you saw the original Model S prototype that was nearby. Was it just me, or was it considerably larger than the car that made it into production?

Sorry for the late night rant, but the FSD package is probably the most infuriating aspect of the whole Tesla ecosystem. We have watched it go from $6,000 to $8,000 to $10,000 and now maybe $14,000 over the last couple of years with very little added functionality. Elon is trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy - the lunacy that Tesla vehicles will not be depreciating assets because of the added value of FSD.

Agree. I recently totaled my model 3 with FSD and was offered $2100 for the FSD feature and $3500 for EAP. There was no negotiation as most of the insurance companies all use a nationally recognized vendor / method to calculate values. It was quite sad I didn't even get a chance to beta test FSD. I'm holding out hope that some sort of transfer is possible.

Ordered a MS plaid May 12th. Was showing August delivery. After a week, changed to June 1 - June 30. Called advisor, had no clue what was going on. Was reading the posts here this morning and someone mentioned delivery dates changed again. Logged into account and now showing August delivery again.

anyone here anything about yoke steering wheel? Like the concept, but totally inefficient for daily driving.

Ordered a MS plaid May 12th. Was showing August delivery. After a week, changed to June 1 - June 30. Called advisor, had no clue what was going on. Was reading the posts here this morning and someone mentioned delivery dates changed again. Logged into account and now showing August delivery again.

anyone here anything about yoke steering wheel? Like the concept, but totally inefficient for daily driving.
Congratulations on your TMC membership and on your Model S order.
Welcome to the roller coaster.

Two tips:
1: read the previous 100 pages.
2: wait for the June 3rd delivery event.

And have a glass of champaign to celebrate.

Should have spelled it out for you. It is non transferable to self. For folks like me who buy a new car every 2-3 years a FSD purchase is flushing money down the toilet. No matter how much I want to keep my next purchase for a few more years, there is so much innovation happening in the EV space that the temptations would be too hard to resist.
I am thinking the same thing. For someone like me, FSD is a complete waste of money as I will not drive a car longer than 3 years. This is the time to start offering subscriptions. Tesla is still miles ahead of the competition when you factor in the charging network, but "they" are going to catch up. To support its growing stable of EVs, I can see VW auto group with current EVs from 3 of its brands (VW, Audi and Porsche - that I know of) starting to develop a charging network across Germany at first and then expanding across the EU. They have the money and the engineering talent to pull it off.

It is never to early to move the goal posts on your competitors.

So, what I’m hearing is the autopilot functionality on a 2021 Model S will be the exact same as what my daughter’s 2019 Honda Civic has as standard equipment unless I pay up for EAP or FSD. Well isn’t that special on an $80,000 car. The story just gets better and better...
Yes that seems to be the case. If you buy a 3 or y you will get the most up to date hardware as those are already being shipped without radar and using the new Tesla Vision software. The new s and x which are supposedly being shipped still have radar and will be transitioned to Tesla Vision in future. Yes you are paying twice if not three times the price for an outdated hardware system and software. Some say they will just shut off the radar unit. There is of course no mention of what will need to be done to retrofit the hardware and software on the car you bought for over 100k. Tesla (MCU) doesn’t do well retrofitting anything. I’m glad I waited 8 months for this.

• Disagree
Reactions: T-Racer and EVonly
Yes that seems to be the case. If you buy a 3 or y you will get the most up to date hardware as those are already being shipped without radar and using the new Tesla Vision software. The new s and x which are supposedly being shipped still have radar and will be transitioned to Tesla Vision in future. Yes you are paying twice if not three times the price for an outdated hardware system and software. Some say they will just shut off the radar unit. There is of course no mention of what will need to be done to retrofit the hardware and software on the car you bought for over 100k. Tesla (MCU) doesn’t do well retrofitting anything. I’m glad I waited 8 months for this.

lol, people on the model Y forum are complaining that they aren’t getting the radar and people here are complaining that they are getting the radar. Moral of the story, people like to complain.

not sure I understand your complaint. What retrofitting will be needed?

I ordered my 1/1/21 LR MS without FSD (first of the last 4 that I did NOT have FSD on. At the rate I swap cars and with the "possibility" of a $14,000 FSD price tag coming our way...IF..FSD ever comes to fruition I could pay $500 a month for a subscription and still come out ahead.

Based on Elon's tweets yesterday it could realistically be quite a few months for any substantial leaps for FSD.

His weeks... this will happen....then weeks this will happen....we all know that translates to months and months.

Don't flame me as Tesla hater as I am on #5 now.....I am just an ElonRealist as far as Tweets go.

lol, people on the model Y forum are complaining that they aren’t getting the radar and people here are complaining that they are getting the radar. Moral of the story, people like to complain.

not sure I understand your complaint. What retrofitting will be needed?
That’s the point. Again, no information. Would you purchase now if you had to take a brand new vehicle that included FSD that you paid $10,600 for if it had to sit in a Tesla service center to have hardware and full software modifications. The service at Tesla I hear is great and they only keep you vehicle for a month or so while texting they are having difficulty.
The real disappointing factor is my guess is they are shipping like this to make the end of quarter results better for shareholders. I would gladly wait until they get it right but that doesn’t seem to be a concern.

That’s the point. Again, no information. Would you purchase now if you had to take a brand new vehicle that included FSD that you paid $10,600 for if it had to sit in a Tesla service center to have hardware and full software modifications. The service at Tesla I hear is great and they only keep you vehicle for a month or so while texting they are having difficulty.
Me personally, I wouldn’t purchase FSD now anyway. But why are you assuming your car needs a month of service for hardware and software modifications? Am I being trolled or do you just like to make up stuff to complain about?

Me personally, I wouldn’t purchase FSD now anyway. But why are you assuming your car needs a month of service for hardware and software modifications? Am I being trolled or do you just like to make up stuff to complain about?
Every forum has someone who lobs anger grenades. Part of the entertainment is when people can't take it anymore and engage. I'll get my popcorn