Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hardware and software functionality was already delivered at time of purchase.
I dunno, you could argue that the *capability* was provided at delivery, but the *functionality* was not enabled until the FSD SW was downloaded. However, as I type this, it occurs to me that AP, which is included and enabled at time of delivery uses the same HW, so maybe that is not such a great argument?

Well that was fun. I just called the Tesla number to verify that all of my info was in the system correctly. I have been saying my SA has been good, but the person I spoke to said they won't deliver a car to me in Texas unless I register it in Texas. Sounds like someone is full of bull *sugar*. They want me to move my delivery to somewhere else, so I picked Nashville.

Typical lol

Well that was fun. I just called the Tesla number to verify that all of my info was in the system correctly. I have been saying my SA has been good, but the person I spoke to said they won't deliver a car to me in Texas unless I register it in Texas. Sounds like someone is full of bull *sugar*. They want me to move my delivery to somewhere else, so I picked Nashville.

Typical lol
Probably related to franchise laws, like this: Tesla Will Have to Ship Its Texas-Built Cars Out of State to Sell Back to Residents

No, it's registration. Non-dealers can't register out of state from what I've read. I was trying to figure out how to get a one-way transit tag but the Tesla person confirmed what I have been finding, can't do it. I'm sure they would look the other way for the sake of a sale but I would rather not drive without a temp registration.

• Informative
Reactions: HumanInput
Same here, my delivery estimate of 'June' vanished. It was there last night but now it's gone. Wow this suxxx ..

The goal is that once you see a good date on your account - stop and do not check again. It is like golf - once I hit a good shot, I stop for the day because I know it will not get any better than that moment...

Same here, my delivery estimate of 'June' vanished. It was there last night but now it's gone. Wow this suxxx ..
My LR and my Plaid orders both had delivery dates that disappeared last night and have not returned. My solution was to just place another Plaid order. Now I have a June delivery date again. Problem solved! 😃

This time I chose a different color and picked Fremont, CA as the delivery location.

That's what I was thinking....
Maybe that’s a loophole to get under the $80K threshold?
Can’t be. My order page has shown the $64k “base” price since I ordered in January, and this discussion of an $80k limitation on MSRP has only been under discussion in committee this month.

Reactions: T-Racer

Typical lol
So you live in LA but wanted to pick up in Texas but can't because you would have to register the car in TX if you pick it up in TX? Am I understanding that right? Sorry, I live to TX and just wanted to make sure mine won't be a problem...