Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since December I have only had a date for about a week (June 1-30). Still completely blank. Don't even have a "-". I think there are some guys sitting there changing everyone's dates and then reading this forum for laughs

What blows my mind is - I think it's just a "computer" (err...database with a cheap ass algorithm) that just keeps changing non-stop. There's no way this random *sugar* is curated at all. But what blows my mind is - no one at Tesla has turned this *sugar* off yet! Why the hell are they letting this system throw out random *sugar* at a bunch of pissed off customers?!

This is what I'm saying. It's like the guy who gave a **** got fired or quit over the last year.

EDIT: to continue with my rant (at hayseed's request):

You know this thing is bull *sugar* too, because the dates aren't changing uniformly to something like: "June 22-30 > July 1-10 > July 15-25"

no, no, no, it's: "June 22-30 > August > June > June 20-25 > August > Never > Blank > - > June > August > Blank"

Last edited:
You can't vehemently argue against what I posted, and then at the same time say who cares. I only listed what I have read. You seemed to be offended at the thought of an older white male being the majority audience of a Model S.

At any rate, I am clearly in that demographic. I know in my 20's I would have seen the Model S as a boring sedan. Today I find it sexy.
I am thinking that this @sflgator Gent is on to something here.

Why in the world would a "middle aged affluent white guy" who is buying a 90k vehicle care that someone gives his post a 👎?

I have gone from August delivery to No Date for 3 weeks now.

Reactions: sflgator
What blows my mind is - I think it's just a "computer" (err...database with a cheap ass algorithm) that just keeps changing non-stop. There's no way this random *sugar* is curated at all. But what blows my mind is - no one at Tesla has turned this *sugar* off yet! Why the hell are they letting this system throw out random *sugar* at a bunch of pissed off customers?!

This is what I'm saying. It's like the guy who gave a **** got fired or quit over the last year.

Can someone help me understand how @Tigers really feels on this process - his post is a little ambiguous... :D

Random text from Fremont (510 area code).

Hello Derek. This is Kevin with the Tesla Virtual team. Wanted to touch base with you and see if you had any questions I could answer about our cool cars or solar ecosystem?

I asked about my delivery. He said:

I'm taking a look at the profile and the good news is everything is completed. at this point the car should be available between September and October.

WTH! So if had ordered today rather than 3 months ago, I’d still get my LR September-October? The only thing I can surmise is that parts will not be available until then and they will clear their backlog all at once. Parts are being prioritized for Plaid and they might not even have enough for all Plaids (unless wood trim is chosen).

Doubtful this random sales guy knows anything more than we all do

Alright let’s try and make sense of this. All hypothetical here. We’re Tesla and Q2 is almost ending.

- We’re prioritizing Plaid models so we can have great earnings, but we ran out of CF interior so we’re offering wood and cream interior because we have those in hand (for now).
- We can deliver to areas closest to Fremont quicker and that’s our June target estimate.
- Whatever leftover Plaids we have outside of CA we’ll start shipping
- We have a bunch of LRs so let’s deliver some on the west side as well.
- IF we still have room to deliver more in June let’s work our way towards the east coast.

Could this explain why a number of Plaid and LR orders on the west side still have June delivery dates?

Ha. I'm playing from a book that this is stupid and not a relevant conversation for anyone to be debating. Because. Everything is different for each person. We apparently want to bring wealth and race and equality into things. We're buying a MS. We all are. That's the only thing any of us have in common.

We’re all really annoyed with the Tesla delivery experience. That’s 2 things in common. 😜

keep in mind, all car manufacturers are experiencing these type of delivery difficulties. It's not just Tesla.
The problem for Tesla is that they continue to over promise. If there is a parts shortage but I will get my car in August, just say so. If it will be more like October...I’m ok with that as well. The random and arbitrary dates and decision making is where I have an issue. Tell me the plan and work towards the plan. If the plan has to change communicate why and the new dates for the new plan (simple).