Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something to consider as we buy these expensive cars, interest rates are extremely low and I expect inflation to increase for a while. It's a good time to responsibly take on USD-denominated debt and invest the money elsewhere. I could pay cash but Tesla found me 1.95% APY financing for $100k of the purchase price. That's free money.
Just curious, how much did you put down, 10%? This has been on my mind as well being interest rates are so low. Plus, I make more money with funds invested then into a down payment on a car. Not sure what Tesla’s third party lenders bottom line is for down payment though. My SA said people usually pay the taxes and fees, then do 10% down. Does this sound consistent for everyone that does go the financing route??

Reactions: bmt00
Something to consider as we buy these expensive cars, interest rates are extremely low and I expect inflation to increase for a while. It's a good time to responsibly take on USD-denominated debt and invest the money elsewhere. I could pay cash but Tesla found me 1.95% APY financing for $100k of the purchase price. That's free money.

Yup. Just give it a few years and a $100k car will be like a 75k car. Or in my case, my 85k car will be like 55k. Also got a 1.5% rate.

I'm putting $0 down but paying taxes and fees.

Reactions: T-Racer
Yup. Just give it a few years and a $100k car will be like a 75k car. Or in my case, my 85k car will be like 55k. Also got a 1.5% rate.

I'm putting $0 down but paying taxes and fees.
Yeah, the depreciation on these expensive cars is insane...but we all know that and still buy them. Life’s short I guess, lol.

I’m shocked by the $0 down. Love the super low rate though, congrats.

Does anyone know what credit score the lenders use for underwriting, and a range?

With that attitude I'm shocked you're single. The S won't help. Try a Taycan. Model S women have brains.

Would be a good joke, if you were joking. Instead...

My boy @BruceR61 knows what I'm talkin bout. Right, killa? This dude was on an internet forum on a Saturday night (probably sippin one of his $2000 bottles of overpriced wine) telling us all about his trophy wife.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EVonly
Purely out of curiosity and feel free to ignore this, but what do you plan to do with 3 model S
I have no intention of buying more than one car. I’m just willing to accept delivery on different configurations and I’m trying to minimize the wait time. Having different options and colors should improve my chances when cars become available for VIN assignment and matching. As soon as I get a VIN assigned, I will cancel my other two orders.

EDIT:
I guess people thought I was complaining about all of the braggadocios on this forum while I casually dropped that I’m buying 3 Model S vehicles. That’s hilarious! 😃

Last edited:
I have no intention of buying more than one car. I’m just willing to accept delivery on different configurations and I’m trying to minimize the wait time. Having different options and colors should improve my chances when cars become available for VIN assignment and matching. As soon as I get a VIN assigned, I will cancel my other two orders.
So, if Tesla assigns a VIN and starts transportation of the car - are you liable for that transportation cost in addition to losing the $100 order fee? It seems the regular LR order contract is written that way. Haven't checked Plaid.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Racer
Just passing along this info, confirming that SAs doesn't know more than anyone in here,
I was thinking I could avoid a further delay on my MS Plaid white/black/19"/FSD reading about the Carbon fiber shortage ,
So I asked my SA in NY to change to wood if possible and suggest any other changes that could avoid further delay, the answer
"...
confirming we've received no official word on certain interior options getting delivered sooner than others. In all honesty, I think best bet is to order the options you prefer - and await updates as our factory starts rolling out Model S builds.

I'll stay tuned to hear more,
"

So, if Tesla assigns a VIN and starts transportation of the car - are you liable for that transportation cost in addition to losing the $100 order fee? It seems the regular LR order contract is written that way. Haven't checked Plaid.
Someone on the forum did bring that to my attention, but I think the chances of having more than one VIN assigned at the same time is slim to none. I should have more than enough time to cancel the other orders.

But… S or X for the trophy wife? ;)

Seems like in the X thread there might be a correlation with colour and delivery month.. white seems further out.

Maybe it was @ssv22 or someone else - but I think a pic of the white interior with a missing trim piece was uploaded. Wonder if anyone could sneak back by and see if any other colors are missing pieces that you can see as well. Although - seems like a pretty clear indication they are having issues with that particular piece - as most of the testers were missing it too.

Starting to seem pretty unlikely the event is going to happen Thursday. No one has reported an invite, there's no publicly announced time. While I get most cars are probably for employees/VIPs - Elon knows the marketing game and you better believe he's got a few YouTuber types lined up as well, at least to be there. The fact we have nothing but silence is sketchy. Elon's posted 4 times on Twitter today, so not like he's that busy.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Maybe it was @ssv22 or someone else - but I think a pic of the white interior with a missing trim piece was uploaded. Wonder if anyone could sneak back by and see if any other colors are missing pieces that you can see as well. Although - seems like a pretty clear indication they are having issues with that particular piece - as most of the testers were missing it too.

Starting to seem pretty unlikely the event is going to happen Thursday. No one has reported an invite, there's no publicly announced time. While I get most cars are probably for employees/VIPs - Elon knows the marketing game and you better believe he's got a few YouTuber types lined up as well, at least to be there. The fact we have nothing but silence is sketchy. Elon's posted 4 times on Twitter today, so not like he's that busy.
Wow. What you wrote makes sense but I REALLY hope you are wrong about 6/10 event being delayed again.

Would be a good joke, if you were joking. Instead...

My boy @BruceR61 knows what I'm talkin bout. Right, killa? This dude was on an internet forum on a Saturday night (probably sippin one of his $2000 bottles of overpriced wine) telling us all about his trophy wife.
First, I was not showing off about wine. I perhaps inartfully expressed that the cost of the car is not the most expensive thing in some people's budget. And as for last night, it actually was only a $35 dollar bottle of wine the wife was having while I had some mid-priced bourbon. As for Tiger's suggestion as to what I spend, I would not spend $2K on a bottle of wine any more than I would spend $40K to go from 3.1 second 0-60 to 1.99 (if that number is even real...). As for the trophy wife - and she is a trophy - I met her 22 years ago on Match.com so I would say for those single people, it actually is no joke...

Going back to the car, I ordered after some of you on or about 3/8: MSLR MSM with White/Black interior, standard wheels and FSD RN11461.... Went from 4-11 weeks to August to, "We will reach out to you..." The longer it goes, the EQS looks more likely.

And, I am predicting (and agreeing with others) on another delay of the 6/10 date. Cannot figure out why 100's of cars are sitting in a rented lot instead of being distributed across the US.

Just curious, how much did you put down, 10%? This has been on my mind as well being interest rates are so low. Plus, I make more money with funds invested then into a down payment on a car. Not sure what Tesla’s third party lenders bottom line is for down payment though. My SA said people usually pay the taxes and fees, then do 10% down. Does this sound consistent for everyone that does go the financing route??
I’m financing because it makes sense. The application defaulted to a $4500 down payment. I accepted it. That’s about 6% of my purchase price.

Reactions: Crb003