Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19" Tempest Wheels!! Did you all see this?
Tesla55.PNG

This is a current supply chain issue. I posted a bad article, but you can do a search and find that this is a current issue.

Here is a current article.

Composite supply chain shortages.
Even this article says supply is going to larger orders first. I don't think this is any more of an issue than any other supply shortages caused by the last year.

1623180315531.png

Greetings, everyone! I've been reading here for a few weeks and thought I'd finally join. Ordered a black MS with black interior and Arachnid wheels in March, RN1146... For the past month or so, my account page showed expected delivery in August. Several days ago, that disappeared and overnight last night it came back and now shows June. Looks like things may be starting to move but I won't get excited just yet.

Even this article says supply is going to larger orders first. I don't think this is any more of an issue than any other supply shortages caused by the last year.

View attachment 670989
You may be right, but the one thing that we have seen consistent shortages of is the interior trim panels missing in all of the test mule vehicles. I believe most of those panels are made from composites.

I know that the wood dash trim pieces on the 3/Y are made from composites. Does anyone know if Tesla uses real wood in the MS?

Greetings, everyone! I've been reading here for a few weeks and thought I'd finally join. Ordered a black MS with black interior and Arachnid wheels in March, RN1146... For the past month or so, my account page showed expected delivery in August. Several days ago, that disappeared and overnight last night it came back and now shows June. Looks like things may be starting to move but I won't get excited just yet.
Welcome. You only have about 3-4 months to enjoy this page before your car arrives. Enjoy it while it lasts!

I forgot to clarify that I ordered the LR version.

Not sure its really white paint. I'd think its that they want to prioritize higher margin vehicles since they are really behind on S deliveries and need to have a profitable quarter. There are whites but probably because they are Plaid / arachnids / FSDs.
they are going to lose 100's of millions in charges due to the disposition of bitcoin, their qtr is shot. Master of coin should be visited by Littlefinger.

Welcome! Here is the shared tracker file created by @omarsultan if you are so inclined to share your details. We need to get those black exterior numbers up. 😀

I just called the Tesla rep that contacted me a week+ ago about changing my order to a Plaid from a +. I changed to a Plaid with Tempest wheels, but did it online in my account.

But what was interesting is that when I inquired about the range, he repeatedly said there were already Plaid's delivered in the Bay Area. He mentioned this specifically and repeatedly, for what it's worth. I have my doubts, but he seemed very confident in what he was saying.

And that I'll see a Plaid by end of June or early July. And that the + tweet on Sunday caught him and his team completely off guard.

I just called the Tesla rep that contacted me a week+ ago about changing my order to a Plaid from a +. I changed to a Plaid with Tempest wheels, but did it online in my account.

But what was interesting is that when I inquired about the range, he repeatedly said there were already Plaid's delivered in the Bay Area. He mentioned this specifically and repeatedly, for what it's worth. I have my doubts, but he seemed very confident in what he was saying.

And that I'll see a Plaid by end of June or early July. And that the + tweet on Sunday caught him and his team completely off guard.
Ah SAs. So full of sugar

We have a new tax coming in Canada in Jan/22 that would increase the cost of the X by approx $5400, and the S by $3400.

Feeling silly thinking I could time my X order for Dec, hoping that the S would ramp up and X delivery date estimates would drop.
Now I'm wondering if I should order an S which seems like it would come by Dec.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Racer
It’s my understand that the majority of resin materials are manufactured in Texas. The freeze in Texas caused an unexpected shutdown of these plants. They need a certain amount of time to shut down properly(like a hurricane event). The freeze and power loss didn't allow this to happen. Resin set up In machinery and pipes.
a lumber supplier also indicated that these resins are used in pvc pipe, OSB($47 a sheet), LVL and a great number of other product. The supplier was given an estimate of 3 months for repairs and three months to get back to normal. There is a plastics company in central NY who predicted a very good year but due to the resin issue that prediction is no longer accurate. Texas produces 2/3 of the U.S. resins. This information was obtained from articles after the lumber supplier explained the rise of OSB from $8 a sheet in NY to $47 at the time. This would explain the majority of missing trims in photos if accurate. Again just research no first hand knowledge.

Welcome! Here is the shared tracker file created by @omarsultan if you are so inclined to share your details. We need to get those black exterior numbers up. 😀

Thanks! Getting ready to go into a meeting but will do that either later this evening or tomorrow.

Reactions: T-Racer
Welcome to the rollercoaster! The monkey was expecting you!

Something to consider as we buy these expensive cars, interest rates are extremely low and I expect inflation to increase for a while. It's a good time to responsibly take on USD-denominated debt and invest the money elsewhere. I could pay cash but Tesla found me 1.95% APY financing for $100k of the purchase price. That's free money.
Tesla quoted me 2.49%. How do I go about getting a better rate? My credit is as perfect and I am open to all options as far as down payment goes and length of the loan.

Reactions: JustSaying