Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for all you experienced folk: I want to get my order finalized, and it is asking me to approve the terms of their loan offer from USBank. Right above the Confirm button, it says:

"By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with U.S. Bank N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method."

Is this really the case? I would like to consider other loan options and don't want to be stuck. I also cannot seem to go back and say that I am arranging my own financing. I tried to call Tesla and unable to get through, maybe because of tomorrow's event.
You can change it later by contacting your SA. I set mine up on a loan. Later changed it to a lease. I’m still awaiting the VIN so I can shop the lease/loan with the Delta Community Credit Union. Best rates around.

I agree on the calipers. Although it's not a deal breaker, it's a poor move on their part. Has to be in result of the parts shortages. Are they just using the same brakes as the LR version? I thought they were suppose to be upgraded Brembo calipers?
Guys I’m not sure we should be putting a whole lot faith in what we see in these “demo/test” vehicles out in the wild. Just my .02 cents.

Tesla never fails to disappoint on their trade in values. I just got one offer from Vroom and one from Tesla. Tesla offers have never been remotely competitive for me, and on this transaction they are offering $6,800 less than Vroom. Why?

You would think that Tesla is best positioned to get the highest price for the car, and would therefore be able to give competitive offers. I don't understand how they value their Tesla Trade-ins.

View attachment 671335
View attachment 671336
Keep in mind in many states, the amount of the car is deducted from the purchase price for tax, this can bridge a 7-8 % gap. They know that, why not use that to their advantage.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Yeah - it all makes sense. Tesla only started offering the wood trim because they are running out of CF to put in there. Gee whiz, the part shortage really sucks.

We should make a running list of all the parts shortages:

White paint
White dye for seats
Carbon fibers
Semiconductor chips
Red paint for calipers
USB cables

Am I missing anything?

Or they were hoping many of the Plaid+ orders would agree to plaid.. which is probably the case. Hate to say it, but this was probably their strategy for months now.
I think they were calling all the Plaid+ holders and seeing how many of them are still willing to hold out for even more performance. It'll give them insight on whether they should offer the "track package" spoiler we've been seeing along with other performance upgrades like red brake calipers haha.

Reactions: T-Racer and Drew-MS
Keep in mind in many states, the amount of the car is deducted from the purchase price for tax, this can bridge a 7-8 % gap. They know that, why not use that to their advantage.
That tax advantage doesn't exist in CA, so there is no benefit to trading in a car with the same company you are purchasing the new car from. Furthermore, the difference was 14.5% not 7-8% so Tesla isn't even in the same ballpark

I liked the fob for opening hatch, but especially for summon (when I parked a little too forward or back in a parking space and I need to inch it a little) Using the phone is a little unwieldy and there is a communication lag. Can you do that with a card?

I thought I read somewhere that the S and X will come with both. I, personally, want a fob and a card.

In addition to red calipers being eliminated, it appears plaid no longer has the carbon fiber diffuser as noted in this video from a couple of weeks ago.
screen-shot-2021-06-05-at-10-33-48-am-png.669880

Other than that video has there been any sighting of this in the wild or on the website?

We should make a running list of all the parts shortages:

White paint
White dye for seats
Carbon fibers
Semiconductor chips
Red paint for calipers
USB cables

Am I missing anything?
Is there a shortage of white paint? There were many white Model 3 and Model Ys in the logistics lot in Gabe’s last Tesla Fremont Flyover video... screenshot below. I know there haven’t been many white Model S in the various videos/photos; but I anticipate they prioritized shipping higher margin vehicles.

Edit: If you can’t tell, I don’t want this to be true given I have a white LR on order...

Attachments

• 238696DD-D22E-46E6-B6F7-B9F758C3A8B1.png
    238696DD-D22E-46E6-B6F7-B9F758C3A8B1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: JimLL and T-Racer
Is there a shortage of white paint? There were many white Model 3 and Model Ys in the logistics lot in Gabe’s last Tesla Fremont Flyover video... screenshot below. I know there haven’t been many white Model S in the various videos/photos; but I anticipate they prioritized shipping higher margin vehicles.

Edit: If you can’t tell, I don’t want this to be true given I have a white LR on order...
Oh... and back on topic... today went from “Blank” to “June 24 - June 30”.

Did I tell you all how much I love Tesla... they are committing to delivering me a car this month... no doubt about it... it will happen. Rather than fly me out to Fremont for the delivery event, they are expediting shipment. Can’t be happier!!!