Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok that was amazing. The drive around the test track was mind boggling! There were only 25 deliveries and each included this!!! Wow

the drive home was really fun. The yoke is going to take a while to get used to, the shifting is no biggie to get used to. If anyone has any other questions I can help answer in the morning.
What does frunk look like?

Last edited:
The morning after and my estimated delivery date has changed to July. Not surprised given the statement made by Elon last night regarding production estimates (a few hundred per week... ramping to a 1000 per week in Q3). We'll see how long I maintain July... hope to see some more activity in the logistics lot now that the event is over. End of quarter push should be in full effect.

The morning after and my estimated delivery date has changed to July. Not surprised given the statement made by Elon last night regarding production estimates (a few hundred per week... ramping to a 1000 per week in Q3). We'll see how long I maintain July... hope to see some more activity in the logistics lot now that the event is over. End of quarter push should be in full effect.
The morning after my LR order is still at 6/25-6/30. Very skeptical after the remarks last night but if yours changed and mine didn’t - might be something

Things I want to still know:

1. Regen - is it more effective at braking than the outgoing model? The 3/Y are better at stopping efficiently one-pedal than the outgoing S/X.
  2. Frunk - did they put the same plastic shield on the hood as they've done on the Y? (to seal the frunk)
  3. 12V Battery - did they do away with the accessory battery or not? (not looking likely)
  4. ISOLatches - redesigned for easier usage?

Things I noticed they finally improved (beyond the obvious significant upgrades):
  • windshield washer fluid top up is better placed.
  • Rear seat - they included buttons in the trunk to fold down.
  • coat hooks - they finally included them in the back seat with the rear interior lights.

Things they didn't fix:
  • emergency door release for the rear seats - still not on the doors itself, but below on the rise of the footwell.
  • still no apparent factory option for towing.
The emergency frunk release requires a 12V battery - not exactly something that people tend to have on hand. (pg 21 of manual)

Last edited:
Sooooooo.....I feel the need to rant. If nothing else, we're here to hug each other, right?

So I'm a january order. Pre-refresh. This is Tesla #4 for me. I waited months on end for my performance model 3...it was a similar wait. Never knew when it was coming. I spent plenty of time on these same forums in the waiting room. I also waited months and months for previous vehicle orders (Dodge Charger Hellcat and Audi RS5)...needless to say, I'm used to waiting.

All that said, I'm beginning to really frustrate and I feel like I am gonna be pretty livid if i don't get information within the next several days. I excused the delay previously to whatever was going on with Tesla. Whatever parts shortage...re-tooling....whatever. I'm not complaining about last night. I know what to expect from Elon. Was I disappointed with nothing big being announced? yeah. Do i wish i would've just gone to sleep? yeah...i had to wake up at 5am EST this morning. Still...all that is fine. The car is amazing with incredible tech. It will be the best car on the road.

BUT

I excused my blank delivery date on the fact that they were waiting to do this event and then start putting REAL updates on people's pages. The morning after, my page is still blank....and I am growing more and more frustrated by it. It's been 6 months. Those of us who are pre-refresh orders REALLY deserve to know something more. We've stuck through all this and it is really feeling like there is no end in sight.

I know I'm not the only one who feels similarly. I've had my thoughts of other cars but ultimately, Tesla vehicles are the best i've ever owned...and it is impossible to go back to ICE at this point. I just need these guys to actually communicate to us what is going on and when I can expect the product I ordered half a year ago.

I'll step off my soapbox. I need a hug.

If anyone is expecting a PLAID in June, you'll be disappointed. ONly 22 PLAIDS have been made. The event was postponed because they didn't have enough cars ready for the event. The event looked like hell, Elon had to read from a powerpoint. Looks totally unprepared.
Do you have a source on this or are you guessing? I'm curious....we've seen hundreds of refreshed Model s sitting in lots....soooooooo....22?